Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN reporting that the children will not be going back to school until after the holidays.

IF MOM didn't purchase them...
Mom had to know about his arsenal and multiple magazines!
It was said her home was a fortress by an X wife in her family..
It was an X. but I have to believe her... obviously they were there!
IMO

I don't believe Adam had his own source of money. His mother did all the purchasing, imo.

Gunman’s behavior indicates planning and control: Ex-FBI profiler

NEWTOWN, Conn.—In stockpiling ammunition, smashing his computers and killing his mother as she slept, Adam Lanza undertook considerable preparation before shooting up an elementary school on Friday, a former FBI profiler said.

"He didn't just snap. This takes a lot of planning," said Mary Ellen O'Toole, who worked for 15 years in the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit where she studied psychopaths and helped capture killers.

O'Toole retired in 2009 and has no direct connection to the case.

"I have not seen a case with callousness of this extreme," O'Toole said of Lanza's shooting rampage. "It's off the charts."

Multiple reports have painted Lanza, who lived alone with his divorced mother, as being socially awkward but very intelligent, especially when it came to computers.

O'Toole said the way Lanza carried out his killings suggested a high measure of control, including damaging the computers.

"His computers were very important him. They were a window to his world," O'Toole told Yahoo News. "He didn't want them to survive. He knew that they would give insight into him and didn't want people to have it."

"It's time we stop putting out the mental health issue as an excuse that he didn't know what he was doing," she said.

Shooting his mother while she slept and preloading numerous rounds of ammunition into the gun clips signals that Lanza was on a mission, O'Toole said.

"He wanted to accomplish maximum lethality," O'Toole said. "He was not out of touch with reality. I think he put some security measures in place so he wouldn't be stopped."

Which unfortunately meant choosing the most helpless of victims, she added.

"If you pick older people you are going to have some blowback," O'Toole said. "He didn't want people to interfere. When people take security measures like that, you know what you are doing is wrong."

Thank you for posting this. Ia m so glad to hear someone talking like this.
This is how I feel, cudos to O'Toole !
He went after the most helpless victims.

I don't believe Adam had his own source of money. His mother did all the purchasing, imo.

I know... trying to find an answer without blaming the victim is becoming increasingly difficult!
Clearly she was not aware of the dire situation she was in.
OR that anyone else would be harmed...

It's just a little sad that there are thousands of popular video games that deal with killing and shooting and destroying and practically none that I can think of that you can win by displaying altruistic, prosocial behaviors, cooperating with others to help people in need and being considerate of others.

I liked Echo the dolphin and gyrus which you cannot find anymore it was a spacecraft that stayed in the middle of the screen and shot at asteriods then zoomed off to another area and repeated, the dolphin game just swam around but was very cool. Now my hubby and son play toon town disney ppl that wander around and fish and stuff, all of that bores me mindless I would rather shop LOL

JMHO, but I find it hard to believe she would unscrew the back of his computer to remove the hard drive and then smash it with a screwdriver and hammer.
I'd just take the computer.
Seriously wondering: if he was happy at that time and at that place why return for massive destruction?

Perhaps he was delusional enough to believe doomsday is looming and he wanted to go with happy children.

Just in case some haven't seen this, it is a lovely, tear-jerking tribute to the victims. Anderson Cooper can barely get through it: http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/bestoftv/2012/12/17/ac-remembers-sandy-hook-victims.cnn

I always watch news first thing in morning while drinking my cup of coffee. My local wasnt on yet and I was thinking I really dont want to watch any other right now not sure if I can take anymore. Flipping through channels Anderson Cooper was on and had this on, I started crying while watching.

Forget local news, I couldnt take no more.

Newtown school officials couldn’t be reached to comment on his schooling, but interviews in recent days with acquaintances and family members, as well as published reports, suggest that Adam bounced from public school, to a private Catholic school, to home schooling, to taking college courses at Western Connecticut State University, according to the Associated Press.

<snip>

This is a possible red flag to me. I've seen this happen in cases where parents were unhappy with a school's recommendation for placement. I've sat on both sides of the table during ARDs, both as a teacher and as a parent, so I understand that it is the parent's right to refuse the school's recommendation. However, I've seen many parents who are in denial as to the severity of their child's disability. While we haven't heard that to be the case here, it does make me wonder.
jmo

Jumping off your post ...

I wonder if there is a "prepper's" list of suggested items to store?

Yes.. there are many. I myself own several books that are survival guides and walk you through what you need to stockpile and how to utilize what would be available.

There are also many many websites, yahoo groups, blogs that all detail lists and people share info. Its not nearly as fringe" or oddball as most people think. I belong to a yahoo group that has old farming tips and making natural herbal home remedies and its just a bunch of folks into organic gardening and living, etc.. and even we get a weekly "preparation list" of things to buy this week and store for natural disasters and such.

While I am not one of the ones who obsess about this type of thing.. I will admit that I have an entire walk-in closet devoted to stockpiling items in the event of an emergency. So saying that.. I have went through some extremely hard times in my life and I am very very aware of how fragile our lifestyle in this country really is. A few years back.. when the entire eastern seaboard lost power.. everyone of my friends was in a panic and I just quietly pulled out my hurricane lamps, cleaned out the fridge and bbq'ed everything that was fresh and cookable .. and filled every possible container with water. <shrugs> You don't have to be an oddball to realize that being prepared and as self sufficient as possibe is just something that is smart.

Wild

Thank you for posting this. Ia m so glad to hear someone talking like this.
This is how I feel, cudos to O'Toole !
He went after the most helpless victims.

Sure he did! He also knew that no one would be armed and he
could shoot until the big guns arrived...

Maybe he was trying to "feel" something...
He should have just shot himself in the thigh!
PRETTY sure he would have felt that!

IMO he killed his mother because he blamed her somehow.
IMO he was not THAT upset with dad... or he would have chosen
to kill him.

JMO :)
I still don't get the comment that he refused to see his father.
He apparently refused to see his mother or anyone else as well.
He was pulling away from everyone.

He went after small children so it would not go un-noticed
There are no video games to my knowledge where you
go into an elementary school and kill adults then "hunt down"
small children.

------- oh I am not making sense... :sheesh:

Yes.. there are many. I myself own several books that are survival guides and walk you through what you need to stockpile and how to utilize what would be available.

There are also many many websites, yahoo groups, blogs that all detail lists and people share info. Its not nearly as fringe" or oddball as most people think. I belong to a yahoo group that has old farming tips and making natural herbal home remedies and its just a bunch of folks into organic gardening and living, etc.. and even we get a weekly "preparation list" of things to buy this week and store for natural disasters and such.

While I am not one of the ones who obsess about this type of thing.. I will admit that I have an entire walk-in closet devoted to stockpiling items in the event of an emergency. So saying that.. I have went through some extremely hard times in my life and I am very very aware of how fragile our lifestyle in this country really is. A few years back.. when the entire eastern seaboard lost power.. everyone of my friends was in a panic and I just quietly pulled out my hurricane lamps, cleaned out the fridge and bbq'ed everything that was fresh and cookable .. and filled every possible container with water. <shrugs> You don't have to be an oddball to realize that being prepared and as self sufficient as possibe is just something that is smart.

Wild

Makes a whole lot of practical sense - thanks for sharing!

This is a possible red flag to me. I've seen this happen in cases where parents were unhappy with a school's recommendation for placement. I've sat on both sides of the table during ARDs, both as a teacher and as a parent, so I understand that it is the parent's right to refuse the school's recommendation. However, I've seen many parents who are in denial as to the severity of their child's disability. While we haven't heard that to be the case here, it does make me wonder.
jmo

It makes me wonder, too. Maybe the parent should not have the "right" to refuse the recommendation by withdrawing the child from school. Every school district has psychologists on staff. I think there should be a requirement that they follow-up with these kids if they are removed and home-schooled.

JMO

jmo
Me too!

Sandy Hook students to resume school in January at new building, Newtown superintended says in letter to parents - @CNN

It makes me wonder, too. Maybe the parent should not have the "right" to refuse the recommendation by withdrawing the child from school. Every school district has psychologists on staff. I think there should be a requirement that they follow-up with these kids if they are removed and home-schooled.

JMO
From a public saftey standpoint moving forward this would seem to be very reasonable. Or if they do refuse it is entered into some data base that could be accessed by the police, & not hidden away forever. There is the big hurdle of privacy of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member