Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought I'd witness 2, yes TWO, back to back pediatric funerals in one day.....make that in less than 5 hours!.....EVER in my life but that's been PART of today's experience.

James Mattiolli: this kiddeo would have been my best buddy, a real "fish" (the perpetual swimmer), a singer (bet HE was on-key!), a casual dresser (shorts & tees, YEAH!)& BURGERS! From my simple observation, he came from a loving, vocal & caring family who have STRENGTH & courage (yeah, his MOM manage to speak about him!)!And fittingly, the heavens decided to "cry" with a drizzle as "J" left the church and
Jessica Rekos: She had a white casket, with a gasp the lady next to me choked out that she'd never wear a white First Communion dress or a wedding dress down the carpet of St. Rose's..........THAT COMMENT DID ME IN! This was the little "cowgirl" who adored horses and had discovered whales, had just been to Sea World & achieved the dream of seeing an orca and now will not have an earthly horse as her tenth birthday gift but in heaven........

And then to Stratford, Ct to honor Vicki Soto, a real teacher hero! Absolutely NO WAY will the funeral home be able to close the doors by 8:00pm tonight, the entire world appeared to be present to give praise to this young woman.

And.....back to St. Rose of Lima's to respect Daniel Barden, one of the "older" boys @ 7.

And tomorrow........................MORE.

Reminder!

Quote from JBean:

"We know nothing concrete about the family dynamics.
As I have posted before almost all accounts of Nancy as a mother portray her as a lovely devoted mother.
Attacking her integrity and her choices will not be tolerated at this time. Not only it is this a victim friendly site- but we have not got the first clue what is or is not true as it relates to the shooter and his mother.

She has paid the ultimate price. leave her alone. Leave the family alone, the whole family.

We do not know enough.

If you see members violate please alert."__________________

Out of the mass murderers notice how most wear a bullet proof vest, Maybe Al intentions was to stay alive one point.

I've come to think it's just part of their costume. IMO, they seem to be acting out some sick fantasy and they dress up to play the part. AL killed himself when he heard sirens. IMO, he had no intention of fighting it out with LE. He was a coward and was deliberately avoiding a fair fight, that's why he chose to target defenseless children. JMO and all that.

Warmed the cockles of my heart...
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1304100---comfort-dogs-help-newtown-deal-with-grief
"A team of Golden Retrievers — “comfort dogs” — arrived in Newtown, Conn., over the weekend to help grief-stricken residents deal with the school shooting tragedy.

Lutheran Church Charities sent 10 dogs to the town for residents who want to pet them or pray with the dog’s handler, Tim Hetzner, president of the organization, told the Chicago Tribune.

The dogs not only show up in times of national tragedy, they also visit hospitals, nursing homes and parks to provide comfort to those in need."

Stylists: Lanza never spoke, made no eye contact

By DAVID KLEPPER
Associated Press

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Stylists who cut Adam Lanza's hair for years at a Newtown salon say they recall a teenager who made no eye contact, never spoke and was always with his mother.

Stylist Diane Harty said Tuesday that Lanza came in for haircuts about every six weeks for "a couple of years" in his mid-teens. She says they stopped coming in about three years ago.

Another stylist, Bob Skuba, says Adam would move only "when his mother told him to."

The comments are among the first describing how the Lanzas interacted with each other...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/18/3147828/stylists-lanza-never-spoke-made.html

Warmed the cockles of my heart...
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1304100---comfort-dogs-help-newtown-deal-with-grief
"A team of Golden Retrievers — “comfort dogs” — arrived in Newtown, Conn., over the weekend to help grief-stricken residents deal with the school shooting tragedy.

Lutheran Church Charities sent 10 dogs to the town for residents who want to pet them or pray with the dog’s handler, Tim Hetzner, president of the organization, told the Chicago Tribune.

The dogs not only show up in times of national tragedy, they also visit hospitals, nursing homes and parks to provide comfort to those in need."

Seeing some clips of this on local t.v. (I'm not in Connecticut) These are the most patient dogs! They are just sitting still, letting little ones and adults pet them in any old way. Little ones don't pet "just right" if you know what I mean. My dog would have been running crazy. These dogs just sit there sedately, and look up from time to time. Amazing!

We have discussed this woman before. I don't approve of her posting about her son in such a way.
So far he has not killed anyone, so I fail to see the reason for his own mother to link him will the mass shooters.

Jenny, I think her point was that in this country there is very little help for those with severe mental illness. She sounded sad, frightened, and on the verge of desperate. In the 80's many of the state run hospitals for those with mental illness were closed. What we have now are "for profit" mental health facilities. That means long term care isn't cost effective--so it doesn't exist for many who need it. The result is Newton, VA Tech, Colombine, and all the others. The parents of the perpetrators loved their children and tried to be good parents. But, sometimes, LOVE ISN'T ENOUGH. These kids need treatment. I think that what this woman was trying to tell us. I admire her courage and pity her lack of available help.

JMO; if she used to have a hard time with him before, it'll be much worse once he finds out that his mom thinks he's an assault rifle short of a mass murderer. Maybe he already does.

CNN reported sales of the Bushmaster is skyrocketing!
In contrast, investors are bailing from the company:
Newtown backlash prompts Bushmaster rifle maker sale
By Greg Roumeliotis and Sakthi Prasad

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:28pm EST

(Reuters) - The company whose AR-15 type Bushmaster rifle was used in the Newtown school massacre in Connecticut will be immediately put up for sale, its private equity owner Cerberus Capital Management LP said on Tuesday in response to investor concerns.

The secretive private equity firm risked the ire of investors, which include some of the largest U.S. public pension funds, after its investment in Freedom Group Inc, owner of Bushmaster Firearms International that makes the rifle, came under public scrutiny.

The pressure on Cerberus to sell the firearms maker comes as it seeks up to $3.5 billion from investors for its latest buyout fund.

Late on Monday, California Treasurer Bill Lockyer asked CalPERS and CalSTRS, the state's public pension funds and the largest in the United States, to account for their investments in gun manufacturers, and proposed that they sell their interest in any company that makes guns that are illegal under California's assault weapons ban.

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/18/us-cerberus-freedomgroup-idUSBRE8BH08F20121218

Stylists: Lanza never spoke, made no eye contact

By DAVID KLEPPER
Associated Press

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Stylists who cut Adam Lanza's hair for years at a Newtown salon say they recall a teenager who made no eye contact, never spoke and was always with his mother.

Stylist Diane Harty said Tuesday that Lanza came in for haircuts about every six weeks for "a couple of years" in his mid-teens. She says they stopped coming in about three years ago.

Another stylist, Bob Skuba, says Adam would move only "when his mother told him to."

The comments are among the first describing how the Lanzas interacted with each other...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/12/18/3147828/stylists-lanza-never-spoke-made.html
Regardless of how factual or informing these different accounts are - I'm seeing a pattern here. This article says they (AL and NL) stopped coming in about 3 years ago;
RL (brother) has said that he hasn't seen or spoken to his brother in 2 years; PL (father) is said to have not seen AL in about 2 years (some reports say that it was AL who was refusing to see him (dad) ).

Pattern - somewhere between 2 to 3 years ago things changed. That would put AL at 17 - 18 years old.

We now have reports that AL was living in the basement. So has AL basically been "locked" away from the world for the past 2 years?

I read one report of a neighbor who said he has lived there for 8 years and has NEVER seen AL - at all, ever.

Regardless, it seems this "volcano of evil" had been festering for at least the past 2 years. That's a long time. And that's a shame....................

JMHO

I wonder who is behind NL, odd photo

article-2250173-1692457C000005DC-114_634x469.jpg

I've given a lot of thought as to him holding his brother's ID. I've come to believe that he really wanted all of this to be "pinned" on his brother and by him carrying that ID knew that LE would search his pockets, see that ID and immediately assume it was his brother. That would cause even more emotional damage. He knew that. Look at how we were all like "HUH?" wait, what's his name? The media ran with it - everything. That was terrible - I couldn't imagine that happening to me. But, yea, I believe that he wanted everyone to think it was his brother although he knew it would eventually come out.

JMHO

You just blew my mind. I haven't been sleeping much since this happened, when I do sleep I have nightmares. I dreamed this exact dream last night. The (monster) wasn't dumb at all. He was smart as a fox. He wanted to destroy those who had hurt him the most. He shot his mother 4 times in the face. That is overkill. He had his brother's id in his wallet, he knew that his brother would take the blame, at least for a little while. And imo no matter how many times the real monsters name is released, there will be those that will remember the "innocent" brothers name as the monster. And imo there had to be a connection to the school, or someone in that school. I really believe that his computer would tell LE a lot about him. I hope they can repair the damage.

jmo---

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...55736122320/Victoria-Soto-in-an-undat-010.jpg
Victoria-Soto-in-an-undat-010.jpg

Victoria Soto, 27

Victoria Soto, 27, was in her third year as a first grade teacher as Sandy Hook Elementary School. In her biography on the school's website Miss Soto wrote, "I absolutely love teaching first grade!"

Soto was graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a degree in Elementary Education and History, and was attending Southern Connecticut State University for her Masters degree in Special Education.

She had a passion for learning, and loved spending time with her brother, sisters, cousins, and her black lab Roxie.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-201_162-10014910-6.html

http://localtvwdaf.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/victoria-soto.jpg?w=560
victoria-soto.jpg

She beams in snapshots. Her enthusiasm and cheer was evident. She was doing, those who knew her say, what she loved.

And now, Victoria Soto is being called a hero.

Though details of the 27-year-old teacher's death remained fuzzy, her name has been invoked again and again as a portrait of selflessness and humanity among unfathomable evil. Those who knew her said they weren't surprised by reports she shielded her first-graders from danger.

"She put those children first. That's all she ever talked about," said a friend, [AC]. "She wanted to do her best for them, to teach them something new every day."

Photos of Soto show her always with a wide smile, in pictures of her at her college graduation and in mundane daily life. She looks so young, barely an adult herself. Her goal was simply to be a teacher.

"You have a teacher who cared more about her students than herself," said Mayor [JH] of Stratford, the town Soto hailed from and where more than 300 people gathered for a memorial service Saturday night. "That speaks volumes to her character, and her commitment and dedication."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/conn-victims-lively-youngsters-devoted-adults-17989618?page=6

... "The family was informed that she was trying to shield, get her children into a closet and protect them from harm, and by doing that put herself between the gunman and the children," [cousin JW] said. "And that's when she was tragically shot and killed.

"I'm very proud to have known Vicki," [JW] added. "Her life dream was to be a teacher. And her instincts kicked in when she saw there was harm coming to her students.

"It brings peace to know that Vicki was doing what she loved, protecting the children," he said. "And in our eyes, she is a hero."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/newtown-connecticut-school-shooting-victims/story?id=17984685#5

Below are the 7 firearms that LE info have thus far indicated as owned by Nancy Lanza.(also I list their DOP for the ones that when they were purchased is known, as well as if/what they were used in the shooting rampage on Friday)
*note this is just a very quickly put together reference list I compiled with what very little info is thus far known..subject to change as more info is released*

7 Firearms owned/registered to Nancy Lanza

Bushmaster XM-15 .223 semiautomatic rifle-
(main weapon used in school shooting and found on or near the shooter)- Date of Purchase 2010

Sig Sauer 9mm handgun-
(recovered on shooters person)- Date of Purchase 2011

Glock 10mm handgun-
(recovered on person & used to self inflict gunshot to head of shooter)- Date of Purchase 1/2012

Shotgun-
*no specific details at this time
(NOT USED but, recovered from trunk of shooters vehicle@the school)

**additional firearms also recovered(unspecified where)**

Henry repeating .22 rifle-
(IMO the weapon used to shoot mom 4 times in the face/head area)
**The rifle used to kill mom was left at the residence and NOT one of the firearms taken or used at the school.

Enfield rifle-
**with no other specifics on this rifle its hard to determine which rifle that NL owned..many are quite old, military style, rebuilt, etc.
Also known uses for hunting.

2nd shotgun-
** no further specifics on this shotgun either. But AFAIK neither of the two shotguns owned by NL and recovered by LE, were used in any of the shootings on Friday, tho the 1st shotgun listed above was recovered from the trunk of the shooters car in school parking lot.

I wonder who is behind NL, odd photo

article-2250173-1692457C000005DC-114_634x469.jpg
I posted it few days ago...

I originally found it in smaller size.. - but got to it's maximum size there, at some source site (that i indicated in that post of mine)

Originally that pic, i think, came from her friends at the My Places eatery..

When Erin from CNN was interviewing them (it was on TV) .. they were showing Erin those pics of Nancy .. taken at some "outing on the water" that all of them took ...

This pic was one of the ones shown ;)

You just blew my mind. I haven't been sleeping much since this happened, when I do sleep I have nightmares. I dreamed this exact dream last night. The (monster) wasn't dumb at all. He was smart as a fox. He wanted to destroy those who had hurt him the most. He shot his mother 4 times in the face. That is overkill. He had his brother's id in his wallet, he knew that his brother would take the blame, at least for a little while. And imo no matter how many times the real monsters name is released, there will be those that will remember the "innocent" brothers name as the monster. And imo there had to be a connection to the school, or someone in that school. I really believe that his computer would tell LE a lot about him. I hope they can repair the damage.

jmo---

Totally agree with this......he was raging against his family......as to the whys.....I will not comment yet, but info is starting to come out

This was probably already posted by now .. but just in case:

--------------

Possible Motive

The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...sed-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRXBpmgI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid