Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if anyone has further info on any of the firearms(or any errors that I made on any of the 7 firearms listed)...please post so I can edit/add so that our list is as accurate and complete as possible..[As I noted on the list post I just quickly compiled it just now and will correct any errors anyone finds:) ]

TIA:)

yes, these are my thoughts as well.. tho, at this point I'm uncertain to what degree or rather what length of time went into the premeditation of this rampage, but am beginning to believe that its been in his mind for quite some time..

I think these guys just get to a point where they despise people and society and just get a great kick out of these disgusting acts and are competing with the last massacre for maximum effect. Absolutely ZERO to do with 'mental illness' I no longer believe it, a personality disorder but not insane, not by a long shot.

I think there's a fair bit of elitist thinking going on with them too ... as in they start out with social awkwardness, and finding themselves lonely and dissatisfied, they turn it around mentally so that it's like 'well I'm too smart / clever / unique for these 'sheep' anyway' so it's like the rejected becomes the rejector, they give themselves 'reasons' to reject society and start believing their own arguments .. well they have nobody around to challenge them do they?

I do think this one is the tipping point, I applaud LE for their determination to 'tell the story' of how this came about, so it can be passed on to the next level of investigation into what to do to prevent this horrible trend continuing.

I've come to think it's just part of their costume. IMO, they seem to be acting out some sick fantasy and they dress up to play the part. AL killed himself when he heard sirens. IMO, he had no intention of fighting it out with LE. He was a coward and was deliberately avoiding a fair fight, that's why he chose to target defenseless children. JMO and all that.

I have been thinking about the sirens. If LE had not got there as fast as they did he just might have wiped out a much bigger amount of lives as I am sure he would have kept on going.
I have not been posting much on this, I really have no words I guess. Just spent on all this killing. I can not see the point on WHY he did it, he was nuts and sick. He did it and things will never be the same.

And if life couldn't get any stranger... The follow up to CSZiggy's post is this one:

Cerberus: We want out of Gun Biz, by Dan Primack, Dec. 18, 2012

Bloomberg is reporting that the father of Cerberus founder and CEO Stephen Feinberg is a resident of Newtown, Connecticut. No word yet on if this factored into the firm's decision-making process.

Note of explanation: Cerberus is the private equity firm, that owns Freedom Group, a firearms conglomerate that manufactures the Bushmaster rifle, used in this school massacre.

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-we-want-out-of-gun-biz/

Just watching the 6 oclock news.....WHY WHY WHY cant the media leave families alone to grieve at the funerals. Do we really need to see little white caskets being carried out of the church. Do we need to see the parents fall apart. UGHH Leave them alone!!!! This is not news, it is a family grieving.

Has it been disclosed if Adam was seeing a psychiatrist? Also, I wonder why media hasn't contacted some of his father's friends. Seems to me we are getting only one side of the picture.

Totally agree with this......he was raging against his family......as to the whys.....I will not comment yet, but info is starting to come out

...I so agree, and he hid his anger from his mother so that she would continue to let him have access to guns, for all we know the gun collecting was his influence on HER and she joined in with HIM so that she felt like there was one area in life where she felt a connection with him. I think he conned her DELIBERATELY on this issue.

It's truly sickening that the media has chosen to post such invasive photos from the funeral services held today. Are photographs of distraught and crying children really necessary to tell the story? How about we give these kids some space and privacy now, during what is likely the most difficult time of their young lives?

As a single woman who has recently moved to the country but also a very isolated and wooded country, I will admit I have plans to buy a gun. Mainly because I have been told that LE response time to a 911 call can be as much as an hour if they come at all. And there are all kinds of varmits out her in the woods which is okay except for the belly sliders. One dog has already been bitten by a copperhead.

I feel now the urgency to go and buy one. I would never buy an AR, but I was looking at a Sig pistol. To blanket ban the sale of guns I think is unwarranted..If that happens then only the bad guys will have them because they are not going to obey the laws anyway. I have other feelings about hand guns but it is too soon to voice those so I won't do it. Just my thoughts on this highly volatile subject. jmo

I wonder who is behind NL, odd photo

article-2250173-1692457C000005DC-114_634x469.jpg

Looks like a nice photo to me, she is enjoying sun/wind in her face.

It's truly sickening that the media has chosen to post such invasive photos from the funeral services held today. Are photographs of distraught and crying children really necessary to tell the story? How about we give these kids some space and privacy now, during what is likely the most difficult time of their young lives?

AMEN.....This is NOT news!!!!

The 'pocket protectors' and 'carrying a briefcase to school' has come up a few times in MSM as quotes from Ryan:

Adam Lanza belonged to a technology club at Newtown High School that held computer gaming parties.
Gloria Milas, whose son Joshua was in the club with Lanza, hosted one of the parties once.
She rembembered Adam's elder brother Ryan saying at one meeting: "“My brother has always been a nerd,” and added “he still wears a pocket protector”.

Now AL was a smart kid, he knew full well that wearing a 'pocket protector' and carrying a briefcase to school would make him a target and single him out. I'm thinking it was a deliberate '*advertiser censored** you' to societal norms that he did that. I think he's harboured a hatred for society for a long time.

And I agree with the other posters here who say that hatred started with his own family, and he showed that with his actions on Friday with the overkill of his mother and by carrying his brothers ID to the shooting .. oh and by leaving his father to carry the shame forever.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-gunman-adam-lanza-a-loner.html#ixzz2FRsItdLF

Below are the 7 firearms that LE info have thus far indicated as owned by Nancy Lanza.(also I list their DOP for the ones that when they were purchased is known, as well as if/what they were used in the shooting rampage on Friday)
*note this is just a very quickly put together reference list I compiled with what very little info is thus far known..subject to change as more info is released*

7 Firearms owned/registered to Nancy Lanza

Bushmaster. 223 semiautomatic rifle-
(main weapon used in school shooting and found on or near the shooter)- DOP 2010

Sig Sauer 9mm handgun-
(recovered on shooters person)- DOP 2011

Glock 10mm handgun-
(recovered on person & used to self inflict gunshot to head of shooter)- DOP 1/2012

Shotgun-
*no specific details at this time
(NOT USED but, recovered from trunk of shooters vehicle@the school)

**additional firearms also recovered(unspecified where)**

Henry repeating .22 rifle-
(IMO the weapon used to shoot mom 4 times in the face/head area)
**The rifle used to kill mom was left at the residence and NOT one of the firearms taken or used at the school.

Enfield rifle-
**with no other specifics on this rifle its hard to determine which rifle that NL owned..many are quite old, military style, rebuilt, etc.
Also known uses for hunting.

2nd shotgun-
** no further specifics on this shotgun either. But AFAIK neither of the two shotguns owned by NL and recovered by LE, were used in any of the shootings on Friday, tho the 1st shotgun listed above was recovered from the trunk of the shooters car in school parking lot.
Interesting that the date of production of the Glock was just January of this year. So either AL or NL had just recently acquired it.

They were are the gun range six months ago - that would be late spring - early summer. Wonder if they went because the new Glock had just been bought and they wanted to fire it.

JMHO

Seems when can add the gun collection to the 2-3 years ago pattern of things changing??

We have divorce, separate from father and brother, stop going to get haircuts, school or outside basically. Add in it is the teen hormonal years for boys, and the years that some very unpleasant mental health issues begin to really reveal themselves in boys. (Psychosis, schizophrenia, etc...)

if anyone has further info on any of the firearms(or any errors that I made on any of the 7 firearms listed)...please post so I can edit/add so that our list is as accurate and complete as possible..[As I noted on the list post I just quickly compiled it just now and will correct any errors anyone finds:) ]

TIA:)

Only thing I notice offhand is to include XM-15 on the Bushmaster.

Bushmaster XM-15 .223 caliber

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-gun-purchases-in-connecticut-school-shooting

Thank you for pulling them together!

Out of the mass murderers notice how most wear a bullet proof vest, Maybe Al intentions was to stay alive one point.

Yes. I have always felt that those that do take their own lives want it only by their own hand. Not society (LE) IMO

I have been watching cable news off and on all day and have not heard one word about any lock downs at schools in CT. Is there more news about this or where is it being reported. tia

Thanks so much to laura08, WOO, and jennapuppy for clearing up the substitute teacher issue for me.. I now recall maybe this young woman's mother saying it had been "the best year of her life"..if I'm thinking of the correct one, Rousseau I believe was her name...is this correct?

again thanks for clearing that up.. I really and truly at this point am firmly believing there was absolutely no tie or connection of the shooter to the school..which makes an impossible to understand tragedy, just all the more nonsensical.. of course I am prepared for the great likelihood that no matter what we ever learn, if in fact we are ever to learn, of his motivation or cause for targeting this elementary school...that it just will never make any sense to our logical minds due to the fact this individual was likely the farthest from being of a logical mindset imaginable..

I just have to come to terms with the fact that my mind needing desperately to find the logic somewhere in these type unexplainable tragedies..that it just will never be found due to it not being there(ie. logic, that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member