Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm convinced in those two days before the murders Adam spent his time going through her computer and found all the correspondence between herself and friends, research into possible placements for him, emails to lawyers, emails to her ex-husband, emails to her family, PM's in facebook, her membership and posts in forums or online support groups, and research into psychiatric conditions, she had done.
I think (JMHO) that he already knew about what mom was doing. He went out the very day she left - not long after she left - to try to buy a gun. That leads me (JMHO) to she probably locked up ALL the guns when she was gone and took the key. Could have been a really good place that he couldn't get into - so he went to get his own gun and couldn't. He then sat and waited for her to come home - probably making all those clips, planning and plotting and steaming and stewing.............

Now he shot her with another rifle that was already in the house - so how he got to that one - IDK. Maybe when she was home that was the one weapon she kept out for protection.

JMHO

http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Erase-Data-Off-a-Hard-Drive

Physical Destruction Method

This destroys the hard drive, rendering it completely unusable (and therefore unreadable). You can also view more tips in How to Destroy a Hard Drive. Physical destruction is a good option for an archaic drive for which you don't have the necessary interface on a computer to connect it to, or if the drive will not reliably boot for you to run a software-based erase. It is also for those who want their data to be unrecoverable even under forensic analysis by governments.

This is the first page that came up when I googled 'permanently delete info off hard drive' sounds like exactly what he did.

Very interesting. I wonder if the Lanza family will donate NL's estate to the victims. I hope they do.

'Over one half Century since the TX Clock Tower Massacre and we were asking many of the same questions back then. Why'?

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/whitman-charles.htm

If my life insurance policy is valid please pay off my debts...donate the rest anonymously to a mental health foundation. Maybe research can prevent further tragedies of this type.
Quote: Charles Joseph Whitman; A.K.A.: "The Texas Tower Sniper" 08/01/1966..

(June 24, 1941 – August 1, 1966) Whitman, was a student at the University of Texas at Austin who shot and killed 14 people (including those who survived the initial shooting but later died as a result of their injuries) and wounded 31 others from the observation deck of the University's Main Building of The University of Texas at Austin on August 1, 1966, after murdering his wife and mother, and before being shot by Austin police.

Family issues
Declining health
Leadup to the shootings
Whitman began typing his suicide note, a portion of which read:

I do not quite understand what it is that compels me to type this letter. Perhaps it is to leave some vague reason for the actions I have recently performed. I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average reasonable and intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual and irrational thoughts.

The note explained that he had decided to murder both his mother and wife, but made no mention of the coming attacks at the university. He also requested that an autopsy be done after his death, to determine if there had been anything to explain his actions and increasing headaches. He willed any money from his estate to mental health research, saying that he hoped it would prevent others from following his route.

Margaret Whitman, as found by police, just after midnight, he killed his mother Margaret. The exact method is disputed, but it seemed he had rendered her unconscious before stabbing her in the heart. He returned to his suicide note, now writing by hand:

To Whom It May Concern: I have just taken my mother's life. I am very upset over having done it. However, I feel that if there is a heaven she is definitely there now...I am truly sorry...Let there be no doubt in your mind that I loved this woman with all my heart.

Whitman returned to his home at 906 Jewell Street and stabbed Kathy five times as she slept naked, leaving another note that read:

I imagine it appears that I brutally killed both of my loved ones. I was only trying to do a quick thorough job...If my life insurance policy is valid please pay off my debts...donate the rest anonymously to a mental health foundation. Maybe research can prevent further tragedies of this type.

(snipped - read more - very interesting in a tragic deja vu sort of way)

Question: were her computers smashed or just his? I've only heard of the one hard drive which was smashed to pieces...

I have no idea. If he was a big gamer IMO he'd be online with TV
for display.
Maybe there was only one computer?

She also had an i phone so if they had wi fi she could get on the
internet with out a computer... e-mail and whatever else
she needed to do.
Oct 6
"Cincinnati .... Story TOO long to text off my little I Phone... But yes, life is funny and strange."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...overing-dark-family-secret.html#ixzz2FXlzdWmZ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It hasn't been confirmed that he tried to buy a gun. I personally think it's a bogus story. His mother already had a bunch of guns. Why would he want to buy more?

"Law enforcement officials said members of the public reported they thought they saw Adam Lanza trying to buy a rifle at a Dick’s Sporting Good store in Danbury, but investigators have yet to confirm that."

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-die-was-avid-gun-enthusiast-friend-says?lite

I think (JMHO) that he already knew about what mom was doing. He went out the very day she left - not long after she left - to try to buy a gun. That leads me (JMHO) to she probably locked up ALL the guns when she was gone and took the key. Could have been a really good place that he couldn't get into - so he went to get his own gun and couldn't. He then sat and waited for her to come home - probably making all those clips, planning and plotting and steaming and stewing.............

Now he shot her with another rifle that was already in the house - so how he got to that one - IDK. Maybe when she was home that was the one weapon she kept out for protection.

JMHO

Or the key to the gun cabinet was part of her usual set with car keys / house keys etc and he just took them off the kitchen counter when she went to bed ...

It hasn't been confirmed that he tried to buy a gun. I personally think it's a bogus story. His mother already had a bunch of guns. Why would he want to buy more?

"Law enforcement officials said members of the public reported they thought they saw Adam Lanza trying to buy a rifle at a Dick’s Sporting Good store in Danbury, but investigators have yet to confirm that."

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...-die-was-avid-gun-enthusiast-friend-says?lite

Tweeted yesterday by a reporter from the Hartford Courant:

Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari

There have been reports Adam Lanza tried to buy a gun days before shooting but authorites say not true, case of mistaken identity.#Newtown

https://twitter.com/davealtimari

I think Nancy went to NH to check out psych residential care facilities. She couldn't take Axxx with her because he either didn't know or he didn't agree to be put in a residential care facility.
There are several facilities very close to Bretton Woods.

Get divorced...feels vulnerable, buys guns. Starts to recover emotionally and starts to socialize a little more, gets surgery as she starts thinking about dating etc .. starts staying away from home and wants to sort out the burden of a son who doesn't look like leaving. I can see a progression here and I'm not criticising her one little bit. I think she was just going through rather normal phases of going from a married woman to a single lady in her 50's with a desire to build a new life for herself.

Only difference was with NL she had a son who was way more disturbed than she realized. And really, when he started to get a lot worse in late adolesence she was going through her own pain of divorce and an MS diagnosis to boot, so she probably wasn't in a space where she could have seen / acted with the clarity and determination required.

And I'm convinced in those two days before the murders Adam spent his time going through her computer and found all the correspondence between herself and friends, research into possible placements for him, emails to lawyers, emails to her ex-husband, emails to her family, PM's in facebook, her membership and posts in forums or online support groups, and research into psychiatric conditions, she had done.

I am wondering why now. This wasn't the first time he was alone. Maybe his paranoia had gotten worse. Also it seems he waited for her to get home to murder her and then go on his rampage. jmo

Thanks. So it is a bogus story. He didn't try to buy a gun. That story never made sense to me, considering Nancy had a bunch of guns at home. Why would he need more?
While I did quote that tweet from the Courant reporter last thread, the information has not made it into any Hartford Courant article that I could find.

I'll add to the I'm wondering.

Wonder if he got a new, and much needed too long waited for, diagnosis when she "recently" took him to a therapist that started a whole new line of thought. One where he needed daily medication and living in a facility.

I think Nancy went to NH to check out psych residential care facilities. She couldn't take Axxx with her because he either didn't know or he didn't agree to be put in a residential care facility.
There are several facilities very close to Bretton Woods.
Nothing mentioned on the site about gaming 24/7... hmm

OF COURSE he wanted to stay at home with mama.
IMO she said you ARE going, he stopped talking to her in the hopes
that she would cave and when she got back home she still insisted he was going.

SOMETHING made him pull away from her and stop talking.
IMO he used this trick for years and every other time it worked.
"manipulation"
When it didn't, he went on a rampage.

JUST my opinion...

Nothing mentioned on the site about gaming 24/7... hmm

OF COURSE he wanted to stay at home with mama.
IMO she said you ARE going, he stopped talking to her in the hopes
that she would cave and when she got back home she still insisted he was going.

SOMETHING made him pull away from her and stop talking.
IMO he used this trick for years and every other time it worked.
"manipulation"
When it didn't, he went on a rampage.

JUST my opinion...
I agree. Maybe he only went to the school as a "suicide by cop", but he managed to kill himself on the scene.

Very interesting. I wonder if the Lanza family will donate NL's estate to the victims. I hope they do.

That would be great and would stop many lawsuits filed against her estate imo.
On one of the many shows I have watched on this subject someone raised the question as to whether or not the surviving victims and families of those victims that did not survive could sue NL's estate and they said yes, it is very possible that will happen in the future since she was the gun owner.

I am wondering why now. This wasn't the first time he was alone. Maybe his paranoia had gotten worse. Also it seems he waited for her to get home to murder her and then go on his rampage. jmo

Pure speculation but the fact that he wasn't speaking to her as well before she left (as mentioned upthread) shows that something was said that set him off. And yes, murdering her was always part of the plan for sure.

That would be great and would stop many lawsuits filed against her estate imo.
On one of the many shows I have watched on this subject someone raised the question as to whether or not the surviving victims and families of those victims that did not survive could sue NL's estate and they said yes, it is very possible that will happen in the future since she was the gun owner.
I'd bet a mortgage company owns their $1.5 million home and therefore, it won't be donated to any individuals or charitable causes.

Funny, all the reports we hear about the killer when he is WITH mom.
OR was at school, (or something he didn't want to do )
he'd shut down, mom had to be called...
He won't talk he won't move with out being told.etc...

BUT when mom isn't there he is telling jokes, playing video games at school
sleepovers and performing dance dance revolution!

IMO he had her hood winked.
I wonder how many times he was told "NO"!

All we have heard is how much she dedicated herself to him.
I think once it became about her, he killed her.

Why did Nancy, a dedicated mother according to everyone that knew her, decide to go on a spa vacation at a time she said she was "losing her son" and he wasn't talking to her?

Maybe she became scared of Axxx and she fled to Bretton Woods hoping that when she returned he wouldn't be as frightening?

Why did Nancy, a dedicated mother according to everyone that knew her, decide to go on a spa vacation at a time she said she was "losing her son" and he wasn't talking to her?

Maybe she became scared of Axxx and she fled to Bretton Woods hoping that when she returned he wouldn't be as frightening?

So, she went to a spa and not to look for a facility for AL? I am not familiar with Bretton Woods so I didn't think of that trip as a vacation. Do we know how long ago she was diagnosed with MS? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95