Conrad Murray trial -Day fifteen

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am confused now. I suppose that is what Chernoff is going for with the jury too.

"You preferred to shove it down his professional throat"

" You literally swallowed Porpofol, correct?"

" You then cam to court and had nerve to say YOU were disappointed in Dr White? "

Wow, Chernoff is going to town on Schafer now. I wonder if the jury is going along with it?

Sorry, but Chernoff is totally unethical and he knows exactly what he is doing and that his comments would be objected to and sustained but gets them out there.

Dr. Schafer based his opinion on Dr. White saying MJ had swallowed propofol period and was disappointed in his fellow professional. Nothing wrong with that either since the literature states that oral profofol has low bioavailability. Surely Dr. White had access to those same studies.

I missed some of the latest, I was on my way home. Did I just hear defense ask witness if he went further and then shoved it down Dr. White's perfessional throat? And then defense withdrew the question. Trying to play dirty now, I don't think the judge will let defense go down this road.

Sorry, but Chernoff is totally unethical and he knows exactly what he is doing and that his comments would be objected to and sustained but gets them out there.

Dr. Schafer based his opinion on Dr. White saying MJ had swallowed propofol period and was disappointed in his fellow professional. Nothing wrong with that either.

Exactly! I hope the jury agrees.

Dr. Schafer based his opinion on Dr. White saying MJ had swallowed propofol period and was disappointed in his fellow professional. Nothing wrong with that either.

I agree. And I hope the jury understands that.

I missed some of the latest, I was on my way home. Did I just hear defense ask witness if he went further and then shoved it down Dr. White's perfessional throat? And then defense withdrew the question. Trying to play dirty now, I don't think the judge will let defense go down this road.

Yes and those comments were objected to and sustained. That is what my post was referring to when I said Chernoff is unethical. :banghead:

The judge got upset with Dr. Shafer. Please just answer the questions!!! I don't think that Dr. Shafer is as confident with this kind of questioning. I don't know where this is going to go but I have a icky feeling in my tummy. I wonder what the jury is thinking.

So Chernoff is really good at mocking and accusing and acting 'shocked' at how stupid Dr Schafer is. I hope the jury can see through this charade.

I like how Schafer said " Oh, I will look up the testimony and see why I made that assumption...and Chernoff says " Oh No, you don't have to do that, let's move on. "

So I am guessing there was a good reason for Schafer to make that assumption in the first place. Chernoff was not taking any chances.

Defense looks right at the witness and says in a stern voice, so you made that assumption? (About what Murray was giving MJ for drugs and the amount of drugs ordered). He is trying to make that assumption seem so out of the realm of possibility that the jurry will suspect all four days of testimony.

"No other agenda as you are alleging?" WTG Dr. Shafer because that is exactly what Cher is doing

This cross is painful. The Doc is coming across as defensive with the defense and that shouldn't be happening.

The judge got upset with Dr. Shafer. Please just answer the questions!!! I don't think that Dr. Shafer is as confident with this kind of questioning. I don't know where this is going to go but I have a icky feeling in my tummy. I wonder what the jury is thinking.

I think Dr Schafer is just trying not to get forced into admitting things he did not really say or do. Chernoff is good at asking and framing questions in a fake way, forcing a yes/no answer that is unfair, imo.

I think Dr Schafer is just trying not to get forced into admitting things he did not really say or do. Chernoff is good at asking and framing questions in a fake way, forcing a yes/no answer that is unfair, imo.

Yes, I agree but the judge clearly said he wanted him to answer yes or no!! Now they have settled down a bit.

So Chernoff is really good at mocking and accusing and acting 'shocked' at how stupid Dr Schafer is. I hope the jury can see through this charade.

I like how Schafer said " Oh, I will look up the testimony and see why I made that assumption...and Chernoff says " Oh No, you don't have to do that, let's move on. "

So I am guessing there was a good reason for Schafer to make that assumption in the first place. Chernoff was not taking any chances.

He is good at what he does, I can see why Murray hired him. If I was the defendant I would be glad he was on my side. But I am not the defendant, I am a bystander that is loosing patience with this questioning. I have come to really like this witness and it is making me upset that defense is trying to discredit him. I hope the jury has come to like this witness and is upset with defense too.

That is what cross examination is! Dr. Shafer should just say "I cannot give a simple yes or no answer to that". I wish Walgren had prepped him a bit better.

That is what cross examination is! Dr. Shafer should just say "I cannot give a simple yes or no answer to that". I wish Walgren had prepped him a bit better.

Yes, he should say that instead of what is happening.

He is good at what he does, I can see why Murray hired him. If I was the defendant I would be glad he was on my side. But I am not the defendant, I am a bystander that is loosing patience with this questioning. I have come to really like this witness and it is making me upset that defense is trying to discredit him. I hope the jury has come to like this witness and is upset with defense too.

Well, it's Chernoff's job to discredit him, after all. I have not listened to much of the cross, but effective cross can be done without being flippant, sarcastic, etc. The tone of Chernoff's voice is what is irritating me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back