Conrad Murray trial -Day seventeen.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Randy Phillips up next. Lunch is from 11:30 to 1pm. Potty break for Jurors.

(he is the AEG bigwig)

I was just going to ask the same thing!!??? I all I got out of his testimony was that CM didn't even have the heart to tell Mrs. Jackson that her son had passed.

This defense is all over the map and going nowhere
. IMO

BBM Wasn't it on the last thread the defense is only calling 15 witnesses? If so, we are nearly halfway through their witness list.

Chertoff better be gentle with this line of questions. (who she interviewed with, media)
She is very sympathetic, and guilt ridden in my opinion.

This may be echoing someone else on this -- I just jumped in here without reading all the posts heretofore, but anyway...

I simply think Nurse Lee was very attached to MJ, had gotten close to him in an entirely professional way, saw his children, and MJ had probably shared some confidences with her. She seemed very emotional about it all -- to the point of tears. She loved him in the same way many others who knew him did.

This wasn't, IMO, so much about her not wanting to be there, she simply knew it was going to take a great toll on her emotions. The In Session folks, IMO, are misunderstanding how she is feeling here, and I may be too, but this is the way I see it.... She was simply very, very sad about how his life ended -- so needlessly and too early. She may have also been thinking that her advice to him about propofol should have been more adamant and stressing more about the dangers. She is just a caring, tender-hearted person who was involved in this horrible tragedy.

Just sayin' .....

The side effects of propofol that Nurse Lee described are the same symptoms MJ experienced one evening at rehearsal I believe. (shivering with cold).

Good point, Blue.

Good memory! His choreographer noted these symptoms and said MJ was unable to rehearse. He had to give him a blanket, rub his feet and give him food.

Looks like MJ was experiencing side effects from the propofol at his rehearsals.

The side effects from propofol were probably getting worse since he had taken it for nearly 3 months before he died.

Now I understand why Michael was afraid he wouldn't be able to fulfill his AEG contract. He was warned by Nurse Lee that Propofol would kill him.

Maybe Dr. Murray saw what the propofol was doing to MJ and that's why he wanted to wean MJ off of Propofol two days before he died.

CM said MJ died after he had a reaction, so it looks like the side effects of the propofol administered by Dr Murray might have killed MJ.

JMO

BBM Wasn't it on the last thread the defense is only calling 15 witnesses? If so, we are nearly halfway through their witness list.

They have to be setting the foundation for something I would think but I still do not understand how anything will excuse Dr. Murray's substantive role in MJ's death. Nothing thus far presented defends the egregious violations against him or I am missing something.

I would imagine Phillips is going to testify about the pressure MJ was under to perform and his missed rehearsals. That still does not relieve Dr M. :rolleyes:

See you all after lunch.

It may just be me but is anyone else just plain bored with the testimony.

I just don't even see why the defense even called these witnesses. Each and every time they wind up being State witnesses in the end.

The only exciting part is the cross that Walgren does.

And who really cares what years MJ went on tour way back years ago. That is sooooooooo irrelevant to what happened on June 25, 2009.

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

They have to be setting the foundation for something I would think but I still do not understand how anything will excuse Dr. Murray's substantive role in MJ's death. Nothing thus far presented defends the egregious violations against him or I am missing something.

I would imagine Phillips is going to testify about the pressure MJ was under to perform and his missed rehearsals. That still does not relieve Dr M. :rolleyes:

See you all after lunch.

All they have proven is CM is a liar.

And that no respected ethical doctor/NP would have given MJ propofol in a home setting.

Oh wait.......that helps the state.:floorlaugh:

Looks like MJ was experiencing side effects from the propofol at his rehearsals.

The side effects from propofol were probably getting worse since he had taken it for nearly 3 months before he died.

Now I understand why Michael was afraid he wouldn't be able to fulfill his AEG contract. He was warned by Nurse Lee that Propofol would kill him.

Maybe Dr. Murray saw what the propofol was doing to MJ and that's why he wanted to wean MJ off of Propofol two days before he died.

CM said MJ died after he had a reaction, so it looks like the side effects of the propofol administered by Dr Murray might have killed MJ.

JMO

I always have believed MJ got sick because of something CM wasn't doing right even on the 19th.

But Murray's answer for everything was to put a jacket on MJ. No wonder he contacted NL.

I was just going to ask the same thing!!??? I all I got out of his testimony was that CM didn't even have the heart to tell Mrs. Jackson that her son had passed.

This defense is all over the map and going nowhere. IMO

I'm not so sure "heart" is the correct piece of anatomy here, 'moon... (You're being too kind, and we love you for it...}

If he had had a good, close, loving & trusting relationship with the Jacksons -- Mom, kids, Janet, Rebbie, Randy, Jermaine, & all the rest, I think CM would have been the first person in the room where he could be there with them. But, nooooooo. Okay, he was probably still in shock (I'll give him that, I guess), but he was too busy thinking, "HTH am I gonna talk my way out of this fine mess? How am I gonna save my azz?" Just my O.

I always have believed MJ got sick because of something CM wasn't doing right even on the 19th.

But Murray's answer for everything was to put a jacket on MJ. No wonder he contacted NL.

Don't forget that the autopsy report showed chronic lung problems, which Dr. Drew, for one, said was probably the result of fluid building up in the lungs from lack of ventilation while Murray was putting him under. IIRC that was not mentioned by any of the state's experts, and thus is probably not in evidence, but if we are talking theories here...

It may just be me but is anyone else just plain bored with the testimony.

I just don't even see why the defense even called these witnesses. Each and every time they wind up being State witnesses in the end.

The only exciting part is the cross that Walgren does.

And who really cares what years MJ went on tour way back years ago. That is sooooooooo irrelevant to what happened on June 25, 2009.

:maddening::maddening::maddening:

I agree. In my opinion the defense has done nothing to defend their client. The best they have done so far was trying to confuse the testimony of some of the prosecution witnesses. Their own witnesses are testifying more for the prosecution than for the defense.

See you all after lunch.

BBM

ITA, Credence -- I keep wondering what huge elephant the DT is gonna bring into the courtroom, what Superman is gonna come swooping down, where is this current-day miracle-worker who's gonna change everyting in CM's favor?

The monkey is still on CM's back at this time, and he is stuck to him like glue. All over him... I'm NOT holding my breath for this one...
icon9.gif

Yes. CM also spent 6 nights a week there so chances are strong that he had been there Saturday night and spent the night too.

No one besides CM and MJ knew CM was giving MJ propofol before MJ died.

Because MJ was given propofol while lying in a supine position, the propofol may have stayed within his abdomen overnight and saturated it over time.

This might explain why a high concentration level of propofol was found throughout his body and internal organs at autopsy; more than the amount CM said he gave MJ June 25 2009.

MJ didn't want anyone to know he was taking propofol so he couldn't honestly explain why he was so afraid he wouldn't be able to fulfill his contract with AEG.

If MJ had a blood workup after Nurse Lee's, I think Propofol would have been detected in his system.

CM & MJ must have realized Propofol was rapidly endangering MJ's health so they had a major crisis on their hands.

It sounds like the episode MJ had either before or during rehearsal was a reaction to propofol and MJ experienced a mild to moderate seizure in to the degree where he had no control of his body for a period of time.

Performing a 50 concerts in this condition wouldn't be an option imo.

Don't forget that the autopsy report showed chronic lung problems, which Dr. Drew, for one, said was probably the result of fluid building up in the lungs from lack of ventilation while Murray was putting him under. IIRC that was not mentioned by any of the state's experts, and thus is probably not in evidence, but if we are talking theories here...

That's a mighty good point, o-o-s-lawyer.

Further, if anyone has ever had a chest cold or pneumonia, lying flat on one's back is one of the worst things one can do -- (this is a bit icky..) -- all that fluid in the lungs has been in the bottom of the lungs, due to good ol' gravity, while you have been standing, sitting up, or especially jumping around, further forcing that stuff down in the lungs. As soon as you lie down, all that mucous starts spreading out in the lungs (a doctor can hear "crackling" in the lungs when she listens thru a stethoscope), which makes it tuff to take in a nice, full breath of air. This alone, could have additionally complicated all the other things he had going on.

(And of course, a PDR says benzodiazepines are contra-indicated when undergoing propofol administration.)
icon9.gif

Talking about the meeting back in 2007, I only caught that Ramone Bain was there and other names I don't know well enough to remember and type and the same time. LOL

Defense asked about a Tom Barrick and objection, sustained. Who is Tom Barrick.

Then Judge told defense they could move along to another question.

What does any of this have to do with Murray and his practice of home propofol dispensing?

Dr. Tome'? objection, sustained, repeat, rinse

Dr. Tomoa(sp) MJ's manager, in meeting with the witness about MJ starting to go on tour.

A Dr. as in medical doctor? They did not say what kind of doctor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back