Conrad Murray trial -Day seventeen.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still talking about meetings with MJ, his lawyers, body guards... In Sept. '08, And Dr. Tome' (spell?) was there too.

Now going over the details of the contract for the tour. Mj wanted to do more shows than Prince had. Contract signed at MJ's house.

Bunch of objections sustained over the ammount and ways that money would have been made.

First defense asked about AEG's stake in the 31 concerts, objection, sustained.

Defense then asks if he can tell what MJ's stake for the 31concerts would have been, objection, sustained.

Defense not getting anywhere that he wants to go.

Judge now called a sidebar....

sidebar, think Chertoff is trying to sneak stuff in that isn't allowed.

Defense, did AEG pay for the Carrowwood place, objection, sustained.

Another sidebar........

This is going to be a long direct exam, if it keeps up at this pace.

Whenever the Judge sustains an objection, I wish the Judge could add, "but witness may answer since the Websleuths wanna hear it."

Know what I'm sayin'?????
icon10.gif

Whenever the Judge sustains an objection, I wish the Judge could add, "but witness may answer since the Websleuths wanna hear it."

Know what I'm sayin'?????
icon10.gif

I would love to know the financial details of that contract. Is it in the contract someone posted in this thread?

Don't forget that the autopsy report showed chronic lung problems, which Dr. Drew, for one, said was probably the result of fluid building up in the lungs from lack of ventilation while Murray was putting him under. IIRC that was not mentioned by any of the state's experts, and thus is probably not in evidence, but if we are talking theories here...

Hello again :)

MJ's lung condition was caused by scarring. Not sure where Dr. Drew got that from. Many years ago MJ had pneumonia. The coroner also testified that any health issues he had other than the vitiligo were minor and none would be a contributing factor his death.

Just as an aside many talking heads have the facts in this case totally incorrect and Dr. Drew is one of them. jmo

Defense to Judge, should I stay away from the press conference altogether? (This is after 3 questions were objected and sustained).

Judge: yes that would be good, move on to another area.

Defense, so after the press conference........

This is so bad, I am laughing here, and I feel bad because I am laughing.

First defense asked about AEG's stake in the 31 concerts, objection, sustained.

Defense then asks if he can tell what MJ's stake for the 31concerts would have been, objection, sustained.

Defense not getting anywhere that he wants to go.

Judge now called a sidebar....

Chernoff is attemtping to sneak in the financial portion of the contract and the Judge already had decided that financial issues would not be allowed in for either MJ or Dr. Murray. He also had ruled that the promotional video and discussion about it could not come in either. One of his earlier theories was that MJ committed suicide because defense believes he would not have been able to fulfill his contract and that the name of the tour "This is It" was because he knew he would not live. Really way out there speculation IMO

I sure don't think they want to open that door either. Dr. Murray was in deeper financial straits than MJ ever was including owning out more money than MJ which indicates he was definitely living beyond his means. He could pay $3,500 for a lap dance but couldn't pay child support? I have no respect for Dr M and it certainly goes far beyond what he is on trial for.

Going over the conditions for extending the tour to 50 shows. MJ wanted an estate for himself and his children and the book of world records.... sorry I missed what that part was about....

Going over the conditions for extending the tour to 50 shows. MJ wanted an estate for himself and his children and the book of world records.... sorry I missed what that part was about....

The book of world records was because no other performer had put on that many shows on a tour, it would be a record that probably no one would ever break.

Chernoff is attemtping to sneak in the financial portion of the contract and the Judge already had decided that financial issues would not be allowed in for either MJ or Dr. Murray. He also had ruled that the promotional video and discussion about it could not come in either. One of his earlier theories was that MJ committed suicide because defense believes he would not have been able to fulfill his contract and that the name of the tour "This is It" was because he knew he would not live. Really way out there speculation IMO

I sure don't think they want to open that door either. Dr. Murray was in deeper financial straits than MJ ever was including owning out more money than MJ which indicates he was definitely living beyond his means. He could pay $3,500 for a lap dance but couldn't pay child support? I have no respect for Dr M and it certainly goes far beyond what he is on trial for.

While I agree with you that Murray is a dirtbag, it was estimated that MJ was some $400 million in debt at the time of his death. I think that's a tad bit more than Murray.

Talking about a meeting in early June 2009 at Carrollwood with witness, promo guy, Murray, and a couple other people. The thing that witness remembers most was the high protein shake that Murray was going to fix for MJ.

Witness felt that Murray and MJ had a close personal relationship.

Talking with a performer's Dr. about protein shakes doesn't seem like something that a Promotion company would normally do. The stars do live in a wacky world, huh?

Hello again :)

MJ's lung condition was caused by scarring. Not sure where Dr. Drew got that from. Many years ago MJ had pneumonia. The coroner also testified that any health issues he had other than the vitiligo were minor and none would be a contributing factor his death.

Just as an aside many talking heads have the facts in this case totally incorrect and Dr. Drew is one of them. jmo

No, I think Dr. Drew had this one nailed. He is a "real" doctor, and he had the autopsy report in front of him. His pneumonia may have been brought on by propofol abuse in earlier years. As I posted elsewhere on these boards, at least one other nutty doctor admitted he gave MJ propofol in Europe somewhere when he was on tour.

I can't believe I have to leave in 15 minutes!! GRRR
I hope I won't be gone more than an hour.

I'm sure grateful to the transcribers here & will appreciate them even more so when I return.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793
Back