GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Guess you missed him picking his nose and then looking at it too. I commented on it few times during this trial. I cannot imagine that man touching me with one finger never mind shaking his hand. Who knows what is in his hands. EWWW!!!!:gasp:

I missed that (fortunately), but my hunch was right then. I do happen to think that it shows a lot about a grown up person´s charchter that they pick their nose in public.
I was in Greece once with my then boyfriend in a little hotel. There was this woman from my country too. There were Greek men galore visiting her room - one after the other. She was married, but travelled alone. It was insane how many med visited her!
One day we were waiting for a boat, and to kill time, we played cards. While we were playing, she started picking her nose and EATING the buggers!!! :banghead: Can you believe it!!! This ugly little woman eating buggers (and touching the playing cards)! Besides, she cheated in the card game. Murray´s sister in spirit.... I bet he eats them too.

I missed that (fortunately), but my hunch was right then. I do happen to think that it shows a lot about a grown up person´s charchter that they pick their nose in public.
I was in Greece once with my then boyfriend in a little hotel. There was this woman from my country too. There were Greek men galore visiting her room - one after the other. She was married, but travelled alone. It was insane how many med visited her!
One day we were waiting for a boat, and to kill time, we played cards. While we were playing, she started picking her nose and EATING the buggers!!! :banghead: Can you believe it!!! This ugly little woman eating buggers (and touching the playing cards)! Besides, she cheated in the card game. Murray´s sister in spirit.... I bet he eats them too.

Thanks for sharing with us,SATA...
the adventures on your trip to Greece.

I was hesitant to click the "thanks" after your lovely details. :yuck:

Thanks for sharing with us,SATA...
the adventures on your trip to Greece.

I was hesitant to click the "thanks" after your lovely details. :yuck:

LOL, I wish I had never seen this woman and really just want to forget all about her. Sometimes I get reminded of her though... She was so disgusting!!! :panic:

How cool... He'll be glad to hear that someone said that to me.
A lot of people do not get the Doc Channel. Including me!!!

Here's a link to the blog he writes for the Documentary Channel and photo of him,
if you don't mind me sharing/bragging... while we wait for the verdict. :)

http://blog.documentarychannel.com/...nyc-werner-herzog-says-documentarians-must-be

Hi, peace -

You might tell your son that I wrote the feature and the date down last night in my "little blue book" so that I can watch it. It does sound like something I would like to see. So, his blog got to this person in North Carolina -- and we have that channel! (Uh, Mom, you should get it, too, but that's NOMB, really....
icon11.gif
)

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I googled Burkett last night, too, whose name sounded familiar -- and it was. Yeah, I wanna see it. And I don't keep up with many blogs, I just don't have the time, but I've got his in my book. Thanks for the tip....
icon12.gif

Fingers crossed for another son -- that Jackson one -- poor Katherine. Her special boy...
icon8.gif

Hi, peace -

You might tell your son that I wrote the feature and the date down last night in my "little blue book" so that I can watch it. It does sound like something I would like to see. So, his blog got to this person in North Carolina -- and we have that channel! (Uh, Mom, you should get it, too, but that's NOMB, really....
icon11.gif
)

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I googled Burkett last night, too, whose name sounded familiar -- and it was. Yeah, I wanna see it. And I don't keep up with many blogs, I just don't have the time, but I've got his in my book. Thanks for the tip....
icon12.gif

Fingers crossed for another son -- that Jackson one -- poor Katherine. Her special boy...
icon8.gif

Thank you, borndem!!! :)

I just emailed your comments to my son. He'll definitely appreciate them!
He's spending a lot of time at a Documentary Film Festival in NYC this week-end,
(DOC NYC) viewing films, interviewing actors & producers, etc.

Christopher's new wife, Jen, does volunteer work at the Film Festivals where ever he attends.

(.... and now, since I mentioned Jennifer.... I have put in a plug for her brother's S/O, Vedette Lim,
who has a mini role on True Blood.. and just joined the cast on Grey's Anatomy, as Dr Polly Preston!)
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/10/vedette-lim-to-guest-star-on-greys-anatomy/

I don't have the Documentary Channel because my cable company doesn't carry it. GRRRRRRR :banghead:

That is such a nice thing to say, borndem! :)

To copy one of your phrases:
It's compliments like yours that keep ME at WS!!!

Well, and your funny jokes and serious comments... with all the added icons!!!

BTW: I decided to add some icons to my last post...
it took me as long to write that one post with icons...
as it took YOU to read others' posts, then write and
post 6 comments... all with icons!!! WOW - You, girl, are fast!!!

I don't think or type fast, so I can't waste time adding icons.
It's bad enough... that by the time I get a comment posted...
the comment to which I was responding, is usually long passed
and several topics ago.

So, I spend a lot of time reading, taking it all in... and then pondering over it!!!
That's because I really am in awe at the amount of knowledge, wisdom, experience,
common sense, education, careers, humor, friendliness, and compassion that is here at WS.

I'm always soooo impressed by all the great (serious, sad & funny) comments I read here.
In the past 8 years, it has never ceased to amaze me how much I learn & how much I laugh
when I come here! Sometimes I cry, too.

Thanks back atcha, peace! Yeah, we human beings are interesting... We post on these WS forums; we have those posters whom we feel that we "know" pretty well -- at least in this kind of environment -- and we worry when xxxxxxx doesn't post for a few days.... or maybe, sometimes, we might be glad yyyyyyy doesn't post.
icon9.gif

It's an interesting human dynamic we have together with this thing of ours (no, I'm not a recruiter for La Cosa Nostra -- I'm one of those blond, stubborn and frugal Scotch Irish). We're anonymous, but then, no, we're not! We've seen some of us in the corner over there, "on time out" if we've been on WS for any length of time; I know one great poster who was banned, so we do have that boomerang Karma keeping us honest and not raunchy, mean-spirited, or just one who should go to a "lesser" forum. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything happen like that on here in quite a while <fingers crossed for all of us>.

And I have really grown very possessive about THIS particular group of WS'ersand this case. I think it is because everyone is smart, funny, light, heavy, serious-minded, definitely concerned with justice being done, and just a bunch (albeit small, which I prefer) of good folks.

I hope, hope, hope, in a couple of days or less <gnaw gnaw> that we can all "join hands" in a victory circle for Michael, his now fatherless children, the rest of his family, the people of California, McSteamy & Brazil, with the paragon who is Judge Pastor looking on. Even those who are still not convinced or who are "fencin' it" will join in with us.

Oh, this case has now obviously got me a bit maudlin. I'm invested. So be it.

And I can't imagine how Walgren is avoiding just exploding right about now.

please pardon borndem's combo Praise the Gang and Pathetic Pity Party, but there it is.
icon9.gif
icon11.gif
icon6.gif

I, too, have really enjoyed the time spent with all of you posting and sharing our thoughts on this trial. It has been a pleasure to be with such a good group of people and even when some have disagreed on anything, it has been done with well thought out posts and respect. Refreshing!!!

:)

It's late, I'm tired, can't sleep and my brain ain't working too well....
so I have to think about this a minute. :waitasec:

Why is it that CM is doing this documentary film and making money off it?

Isn't it true... that someone convicted of a crime,
can NOT profit from books, films, articles, interviews, etc?

Or am I missing something? Am I forgetting why the 'Son of Sam Law' would
not pertain to CM, if he is found to be guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

Hmmmm - Maybe I should look it up.
Maybe I'm too lazy and won't. :)

icon7.gif

Well, all I can speak to is how it is in, er, ah, oh yes, North Cackalacky. I do a lot of Sleuthing there, and I will look up the law in the NC General Statutes in a heartbeat. In NC, the most effective and probably the quickest & easiest, is to bring a Wrongful Death civil suit against a party. I have seen a few, and most have, as a part of the judgement, a claim against future earnings, and money made from books, salary, or speaking engagements, radio shows, strip joints (not really, but maybe if the shoe fits), or any source of future earnings. Many sources are actually specifed and not at all vague.

I have read where MJ's dad is bringing a WD suit against CM, but it is still in process. I'm not aware of another WD suit, but I am bit surprised that one has not already been done. (The limitation in NC on a WD is either one or two years from the date of death, IIRC -- I'd look it up, but it is not germane here....)

I don't know whether you can specify that particular in a criminal suit in CA as a part of penalty/judgment. Possibly in CA, a criminal sentence might impose a fine, but I don't know if that is possible, and the keeping-up with it would be a clerical and legal nightmare, I would think.

I guess CM :liar: is just trying to make hay while the sun still shines. :rubberducky:

And he's just such a charmer, ya know.

It's sure to be a hit. <gag> :turkey:

I, too, have really enjoyed the time spent with all of you posting and sharing our thoughts on this trial. It has been a pleasure to be with such a good group of people and even when some have disagreed on anything, it has been done with well thought out posts and respect. Refreshing!!!

:)

I agree... It HAS been a great group! :)
At first I wondered why there weren't many WSers on
this forum and it seemed like there was a lack of interest.

But, as it turned out, it was a perfect size group.
Most comments were short and were easy and quick to read and follow...
(well, except when... I admit it.. I got long winded, wrote some long posts and some were even off topic.) :offtopic: :tmi: :saythat:

And yes, it HAS been fun and very refreshing.
So, hopefully we'll have that group hug, hand-holding circle,
that borndem suggested... and I won't say goodbye.
I'll just see you all on another case. :seeya:

In fact, I often do see some of you at other forums now!

It's me, the fence sitter. If I had to vote, I would vote guilty with an accomplice, aka MJ (or whomever). However, based on the evidence I saw, I believe some jurors will come back NG, so IMO, the jury will hang and CM will walk.

I'm guessing a verdict will be reached on Wednesday because I don't think they are unanimous at this point.

I still say Tuesday. Hopefully in the am. I read about the make up of this jury and the fact that many have served before makes me think they are going about this methodically. Plus the one who has bio/med background is probably helping the others with certain "charts/graphs" LOL! And the fact that the uproar over the Caylee injustice is still fresh. So I think they will do their job will due dilligence. I still have faith. :)

For our nurses a quick question-

Do y'all think that many Docs are so relient on nurses to do most of the work, I am not phrasing that well, but most (imo) seem so distant from the actual care that CM didn't really know what was involved when he agreed to the job. Oh shoot, I am not making my self clear. IYKWIM???? (one of my best run-on sentences :D that went nowhere!)

For our nurses a quick question-

Do y'all think that many Docs are so relient on nurses to do most of the work, I am not phrasing that well, but most (imo) seem so distant from the actual care that CM didn't really know what was involved when he agreed to the job. Oh shoot, I am not making my self clear. IYKWIM???? (one of my best run-on sentences :D that went nowhere!)

I definitely think doctors in the hospital and in clinics and at the their offices DO rely on and
expect the nurses to do as much as they (the docs!) can get away with... and that means
how much a nurse actually knows how to do, what duties are within her boundries and how
much she'll actually let the docs "push stuff" onto her.

I've worked in regular general hospitals and in teaching hospitals... and in clinics. In the teaching
hospitals it's easier to say to the interns & residents, "No, you need the practice." LOL But it really
does depend on the doctor. Depends on how much he feels some procedures are beneath him to do!

But, yes I do understand why CM probably wasn't that familiar with setting up an IV and why he didn't
have certain equipment... which is absolutely no excuse... (if he didn't know something or how to do it,
then he should've had a nurse or assistant with him who did know.)

When I was learning about IVs and setting them up... there was no such thing as an IV pump to regulate
the flow. There were no alarms (except in ICU) that told us a patient had stopped breathing or his heart
stopped. There were no machines that told us when the IV ran out or had infiltrated.
There were no O2 OX machines at all. We didn't even think to measure it.

So if CM relied on his office staff and the hospital nurses to set up for procedures and actually performed
some of them... (and they prolly ordered the supplies, also)... then yes, he probably wasn't on top of the
newest ways to monitor, set up & perform a lot of the things he did/didn't do for MJ... including the IVs.
I'm sure he knew the basics and was hoping that that was all he had to know to keep MJ safe & alive!!

Nurses see a lot of different docs do procedures and they see what works, what doesn't, and they can
tell how experienced a doc is, by the way he proforms procedures. There are many times that we've had
to show or tell a doc how to do a procedure or what works best, when & if he's having trouble.

Thank you Peace. In my exeperience I trust nurses with my care, symptoms, etc more than some docs. I have had. The nurses seemed more hands on and generally not so full of themselves. Sorry if I have offended any docs here. Not my intention. :)

But when you see the pics of MJ's room with urine jugs, and empty propofol bottles and lack of hygene, it makes me wonder how much CM relied on others.

I think I have enjoyed the posters here:blowkiss: more than any other case I have discussed and lawd knows that has been many many cases.:floorlaugh:

Not a day goes by that I don't come here first thing to see what my poster buddies have to say.

I find all of you extremely sharp, compelling, interesting, intelligent and the humor is just the thing we have needed at times.

I am not the least bit angst about the jury just deliberating 6 hours and 8 minutes before going home. I do not feel they are at any impasse. Imo, they are together and that is why they have asked no questions of the court except that they wanted highlighters.

I think we have just become an instant gratification type of society and think everything must be done lightning quick but in the real world jury deliberations can go on for days and a verdict be rendered.

I didn't even expect a verdict Friday. I have been a juror five times (4 criminal-1 civil) and it takes time to even begin the process of deliberating. First a foreman has to be chosen and that may take time to decide which one the group thinks is best and why. Since there are 9 jurors who have been jurors before then picking the foreperson may be even more involved since so many have jury experience.

Then the jury may have a round table discussion where each one speaks their opinion about the case. That can be lengthy too since all 12 people join in and no time is allotted for each one. Some juries take a vote by writing their opinon down on a piece of paper anonymously and the foreperson will put them in piles for G, NG or undecided and then give the results to the group.

Then they must find the evidence that correlates with their evidence log if they are wanting to look at particular pieces of evidence. That too takes time. It is usually just stacked up in no particular order in the jury room.

So 6 hours and 8 minutes is a very short time for a very astute jury like all the court reporters have said this jury is. They want it known that they all looked at the evidence and weighed it carefully to come to their decision and they should do that.

I still say we may see a verdict by Monday afternoon or sometime Tuesday.

IMO

Thank you Peace. In my exeperience I trust nurses with my care, symptoms, etc more than some docs. I have had. The nurses seemed more hands on and generally not so full of themselves. Sorry if I have offended any docs here. Not my intention. :)

But when you see the pics of MJ's room with urine jugs, and empty propofol bottles and lack of hygene, it makes me wonder how much CM relied on others.

Most of my doctors have been female docs or nurse practitioners.
They just seem to "get it" and know what's important and they have
more compassion when relating to a patient... especially OB/GYNs.

My new dentist here in AZ, is a lady dentist and I'm just soooo amazed at the
difference between her technique and all the other (male) dentists I've had in the past.
I can honestly say I haven't had any pain or discomfort with her.

They often do let them go home, if it's not a murder one case. They can't deliberate around the clock, and there are no rooms with beds in the courthouse. Folks gotta sleep! Not much different than putting them up in a hotel overnight, really, except they aren't under guard.

I heard Vinnie say something yesterday about them needing a bathroom break. When I was on a jury, there was a little restroom right in the jury room, with a toilet and sink. We had to run the water to disguise the sound of us actually using the toilet! Embarassing. And they didn't let us go outside, so we didn't get smoke breaks. But we were told that we could stop at 5 p.m., go home and come back the next morning. We chose to stay and IIRC, we reached a unanimous decision by about 5:45.

We had the same set up when I was on jury duty. My gawd, the toilet was about 5 feet from the table and the only thing seperating us was a thin door. I refused to drink and used the potty when we went to lunch (we were allowed to go to the cafeteria).

And we did something similar to what I "believe" the jury to be doing. They could very well have come to a decision on Friday but wanted a good think about it over the weekend. In my case, we all decided to sleep on it before telling the bailiff that we reached a verdict. It's really hard knowing you're gonna possibly send someone to jail and I certainly didn't want to rush the process.

MOO

Mel

Most of my doctors have been female docs or nurse practitioners.
They just seem to "get it" and know what's important and they have
more compassion when relating to a patient... especially OB/GYNs.

My new dentist here in AZ, is a lady dentist and I'm just soooo amazed at the
difference between her technique and all the other (male) dentists I've had in the past.
I can honestly say I haven't had any pain or discomfort with her.

We went to our Nurse practitoner after my husband lost insurance and was waiting for disability/medicare to kick in. He had ALS and she would consult with the Neuro to treat him. She was so compassionate. Plus she was tiny but tough when he was giving me fits. ;) All I had to do was call her and she would tell me to get his *advertiser censored** in on the next day for a "talk" :D

I think I have enjoyed the posters here:blowkiss: more than any other case I have discussed and lawd knows that has been many many cases.:floorlaugh:

Not a day goes by that I don't come here first thing to see what my poster buddies have to say.

I find all of you extremely sharp, compelling, interesting, intelligent and the humor is just the thing we have needed at times.

I am not the least bit angst about the jury just deliberating 6 hours and 8 minutes before going home. I do not feel they are at any impasse. Imo, they are together and that is why they have asked no questions of the court except that they wanted highlighters.

I think we have just become an instant gratification type of society and think everything must be done lightning quick but in the real world jury deliberations can go on for days and a verdict be rendered.

I didn't even expect a verdict Friday. I have been a juror five times (4 criminal-1 civil) and it takes time to even begin the process of deliberating. First a foreman has to be chosen and that may take time to decide which one the group thinks is best and why. Since there are 9 jurors who have been jurors before then picking the foreperson may be even more involved since so many have jury experience.

Then the jury may have a round table discussion where each one speaks their opinion about the case. That can be lengthy too since all 12 people join in and no time is allotted for each one. Some juries take a vote by writing their opinon down on a piece of paper anonymously and the foreperson will put them in piles for G, NG or undecided and then give the results to the group.

Then they must find the evidence that correlates with their evidence log if they are wanting to look at particular pieces of evidence. That too takes time. It is usually just stacked up in no particular order in the jury room.

So 6 hours and 8 minutes is a very short time for a very astute jury like all the court reporters have said this jury is. They want it known that they all looked at the evidence and weighed it carefully to come to their decision and they should do that.

I still say we may see a verdict by Monday afternoon or sometime Tuesday.

IMO

Thanks for your explanation of what jurors do in deliberation and why it takes as long as it does.
I've never been a juror, so I appreciate every bit of info and everyone's opinions re the time frame.

LOL - I just noticed when your join date is, oceanblueeyes...
there aren't that many who've been here longer than I have...
and I see you're one of them! :)

You were here when we lost one of most popular mods, Tybee. That was sure a shock.
Tricia keeps the "In Remembrance of Our Beloved Tybee" link with the photo of Tybee &
her granddaughter, up on the Home page. For those of you who weren't here then, Tybee
lived on Tybee Island off GA coast, IIRC. She got up early every morning, walked a block or
so to the beach and went for a swim in the ocean... or it may have been a small inlet of the ocean.

But, one morning, for some reason, her poor little body was found floating in the water.
It was very sad here for quite awhile. I miss her. A lot!

I have been a lurker since 2000, before Tricia owned this place. I remember when Tybee went to a better place. Bless her and her family.

:cry::grouphug::cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back