GUILTY Conrad Murray Trial - Verdict Watch

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have been a lurker since 2000, before Tricia owned this place. I remember when Tybee went to a better place. Bless her and her family.

:cry::grouphug::cry:

I remember when Tricia and someone else took over, but can't remember who started WS nor who was with Tricia when she took over.

If I heard the names, it would come back to me. Maybe. :)

I just checked and it was 2007 that Tybee drowned. For some reason, I thought it was way before that!

Originally Posted by borndem [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320150#post7320150"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
That's what I am afraid of them doing. If they know it, they know it.

Pondering is not good, IMO. It bothers me a bit.

Maybe they've decided, late in the day, and plan to execute the jury form, sign it and have everything neat & ready first thing Monday morning.

Let's hope it's Guilty tied with a little bow.

<gnaw, gnaw>

OK. I get the part... and it's ok... that they MAY know what the verdict is.

And I get... and it's fine.... that they MAY have good reason to wait til Monday to announce it.

What I don't get... and I do not like.... is that my emotions & thoughts are being controlled by 12 other people.

Gee, why can't you read my mind as well as I can read my mind, girrrrrlll??

What I meant up there in, "If they know it, they know it," was -- if they are sure of the verdict -- all 12 -- then they've done what they swore to do. Finis. Done. Over. Deliver it, let the Court do the voodoo that they do, and then you go home.

"If he's guilty and you know it, write it down," as the song goes.
icon12.gif

Yep, all 12 of them, driving the bus, and we're all in the back seat for the ride. Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh. Same here.
icon7.gif

Thanks for your explanation of what jurors do in deliberation and why it takes as long as it does.
I've never been a juror, so I appreciate every bit of info and everyone's opinions re the time frame.

LOL - I just noticed when your join date is, oceanblueeyes...
there aren't that many who've been here longer than I have...
and I see you're one of them! :)

You were here when we lost one of most popular mods, Tybee. That was sure a shock.
Tricia keeps the "In Remembrance of Our Beloved Tybee" link with the photo of Tybee &
her granddaughter, up on the Home page. For those of you who weren't here then, Tybee
lived on Tybee Island off GA coast, IIRC. She got up early every morning, walked a block or
so to the beach and went for a swim in the ocean... or it may have been a small inlet of the ocean.

But, one morning, for some reason, her poor little body was found floating in the water.
It was very sad here for quite awhile. I miss her. A lot!

I miss Tybee too and it was such a shock to the entire WS community.

A very sad day and I still feel very sad knowing she is gone.

IMO

Originally Posted by borndem
That's what I am afraid of them doing. If they know it, they know it.

Pondering is not good, IMO. It bothers me a bit.

Maybe they've decided, late in the day, and plan to execute the jury form, sign it and have everything neat & ready first thing Monday morning.

Let's hope it's Guilty tied with a little bow.

<gnaw, gnaw>

Gee, why can't you read my mind as well as I can read my mind, girrrrrlll??

What I meant up there in, "If they know it, they know it," was -- if they are sure of the verdict -- all 12 -- then they've done what they swore to do. Finis. Done. Over. Deliver it, let the Court do the voodoo that they do, and then you go home.

"If he's guilty and you know it, write it down," as the song goes.
icon12.gif

Yep, all 12 of them, driving the bus, and we're all in the back seat for the ride. Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh. Same here.
icon7.gif

Hi ya Borndem!:seeya:

I think the way jurors conduct themselves is changing somewhat though due to the backlash of coming back so soon with a verdict.

It is far better to take their time in coming to their decision. It just looks better and we know how the media slams short deliberations. Then it would be 'Poor Conrad they had it in for him and didn't even take time to look at all the evidence.' :innocent: Thats the way the media rolls nowadays.

Anything for a controversy.

So I think the jury is smart in not coming right out the day they went in with a verdict.

IMO

Ya know I don't think we have had a mod warning this whole trial.
That has to be a record. Do you think we will get treats :D !

Well my hubby and I just put up 25 quarts of shelled pecans so I can certainly bring the dessert. What would you like to have? :)

You're right!
Has there even been a mod on this forum at all, during the trial?

There was a mod's general warning in a case I was on, just after the Celina Cass Case. It had
to do with something on FB. I'm sure it was directed at me & another WSer, cuz our posts were
deleted. I felt horrible about it and apologized to the group & privately to the mod. She was so
cool about it... but it sure gave me a scare & I (usually) think before I post, now.

Well my hubby and I just put up 25 quarts of shelled pecans so I can certainly bring the dessert. What would you like to have? :)

WOW! You must have pecan trees on your acres of land!!! :)

Do you keep them for yourselves or do they go into shops?

Do you say peecans or puhcaans, LOL
My Auntie Maureen has a huge pecan tree in her yard and they sell them at church for the shelter. And she makes the best pie in the whole wide world. :)

Re the Son of Sam Law:

I did look it up, but each state is different.

3 states have never enacted Son of Sam statutes:
New Hampshire, North Carolina and Vermont

Here is the Law as it pertains to California:

Citation: CAL. CIV. CODE § 2225 (Deering 2001)
History: Enacted in 1987.
CIVIL CODE
DIVISION 3. Obligations
PART 4. Obligations Arising from Particular Transactions
TITLE 8. Involuntary Trusts
Cal Civ Code § 2225 (2001)

§ 2225. Proceeds from sale of story of felony by convicted felon; Involuntary trust

(a)(3)(B) "Profiteer of the felony" means any person who sells or transfers for profit
any memorabilia or other property or thing of the felon, the value of which is enhanced
by the notoriety gained from the commission of the felony for which the felon was convicted.
This subparagraph shall not apply to any media entity reporting on the felon's story or on the
sale of the materials, memorabilia, or other property or thing of the felon. Nor shall it apply to
the sale of the materials, as the term is defined in paragraph (6), where the seller is exercising
his or her first amendment rights. This subparagraph also shall not apply to the sale or transfer
by a profiteer of any other expressive work protected by the First Amendment
unless the sale or transfer is primarily for a commercial or speculative purpose.

(10) (b)(1) All proceeds from the preparation for the purpose of sale, the sale of the rights to, or the sale
of materials that include or are based on the story of a felony for which a convicted felon was convicted,
shall be subject to an involuntary trust for the benefit of the beneficiaries set forth in this section.
That trust shall continue until five years after the time of payment of the proceeds to the felon or five years
after the date of conviction, whichever is later. If an action is filed by a beneficiary to recover his or her interest
in a trust within those time limitations, the trust character of the property shall continue until the conclusion of the
action. At the end of the five-year trust period, any proceeds that remain in trust that have not been claimed by a
beneficiary shall be transferred to the Controller, to be allocated to the Restitution Fund for the payment of claims
pursuant to Section 13969 of the Government Code.

Wow, peace - that packs a bit of a Pow into things. Hmmmmm.

A big thanks for that Thunderbolt of info!

Involuntary Manslaughter and Involuntary Trust.... how 'bout dat!?

I'm also hoping for some Involuntary Jail Time <gnaw, gnaw>

(And NC doesn't have one yet. Who could imagine???
icon8.gif
)

So, am I reading this right? He can do his documentary but whatever he gets goes into a trust to be held for 5 yrs in case he has a claim filed against him (eg a civil lawsuit or perhaps even past due child support or other creditors?). If so, his attorneys can kiss any of that good bye IMO.

Yeah, it looks like you're right Talina -- and if anything is left after the 5 years, it goes to restitution. All the felon gets is the empty money bag, if that! I do wonder if the money held for those 5 years could be used to pay unpaid child support -- that would be sweet. Karma is a bee-ahtch.
icon10.gif

(Or something close to that...) :waitasec::waitasec:

Just sitting here thinking about that documentary on Dr. Murray. If they are relying a lot on interviews with him and his attorneys, then it won't be worth a dime. He is not going to be honest and his attorneys aren't going to be honest about what their true feelings or beliefs are IMO.

You're absolutely right, Talina, and we will never know. Never.

The only other witness is dazzling the angels and the children 'way up there.

Grrrrrrrr.

Do you say peecans or puhcaans, LOL
My Auntie Maureen has a huge pecan tree in her yard and they sell them at church for the shelter. And she makes the best pie in the whole wide world. :)

Honey I am from the deep south:floorlaugh: but I say puhcaans and everyone down here looks at me like I am crazy.:crazy:

We have 15 pecan trees on our place. I hate them in the wintertime though. Yuck. Thank goodness we have a lot of pines and bradfords too.

IMO

I may have missed it, but were there any Doctors or Nurses that testified on behalf of cm? Because all I remember were the women in his clinics that were not med profs.

I am not counting Dr. White cause he was a friend of Flanagan's not cm's co-worker.

I may have missed it, but were there any Doctors or Nurses that testified on behalf of cm? Because all I remember were the women in his clinics that were not med profs.

I am not counting Dr. White cause he was a friend of Flanagan's not cm's co-worker.

No, the only doctors that testfied were Dr. Waldman (with an attitude) and Dr. White (with an attitude).:floorlaugh:

Honey I am from the deep south:floorlaugh: but I say puhcaans and everyone down here looks at me like I am crazy.:crazy:

We have 15 pecan trees on our place. I hate them in the wintertime though. Yuck. Thank goodness we have a lot of pines and bradfords too.

IMO

My Grands are from NM and TX and it is peecan pie. My in-laws in IL say puhcaans. Drives me bonkers. :D I just say yummy pass me some more ;)

Now we need ouchie ribs update...

How are you two feeling?

Better I hope. We all need you strong and rested for Monday. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back