Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good morning Australia and Canada! Lovely to see all the Commonwealth leaders carrying those beautiful flags.

I am getting a bit (happily) teary listening to the crowds cheering as the King's coach travels past them.

And proud to see our flag, and to hear that the beautiful air conditioned coach they are using to travel to the Coronation was made here in Manly (Sydney) in 2010. They will be using the traditional coach from the 1830s to travel back.

Love the unity of our Commonwealth countries.

It's being broadcast on radio 4, which is the default background noise in my house.

I haven't been to a church service in a million years, but instantly knew the responses

The music is absolutely glorious - Kyrie in Welsh just made my spine tingle.

This morning (pre-coffee) I thought “too bad Queen Elizabeth II isn’t here to see this.” Then I facepalmed myself. Duh. This coronation wouldn’t be happening if she were still with us! :rolleyes:

She will be very proud of her son. Especially proud that he is holding up under the weight of all the clothing they put on him .... so many layers! And the crown doesn't look light, either.

a.jpg

(Pic from my TV screen)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406