Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Noooo Chat GPT is so wrong. Definitely jam first. Well technically... butter, jam then cream.
See what I mean we have concluded (in our house anyway) if you are putting butter on then … butter, jam and then cream, but if not, then it’s cream then jam not as @elliefant described. Sorry

Edited to add a ‘not’ as I had misread it :)

Last edited:
See what I mean we have concluded (in our house anyway) if you are putting butter on then … butter, jam and then cream, but if not, then it’s cream then jam not as @elliefant described. Sorry

Edited to add a ‘not’ as I had misread it :)
We do not have butter on ours. We have jam then cream. A gazillion Victoria sponges would also agree :D

I think it is undeniably true that the view of the monarchy in Britain changed with the loss of our beloved Queen. She was mourned personally and as a symbol of how life has changed so much. And perhaps a little bit of trepidation for what lies ahead. The shadow of Diana will always follow Charles and Camilla and I won't be the only person who paused to imagine her in Camilla's seat.
But on the plus side Charles is a cultured man in the arts, he was an environmentalist and a multi-culturalist long before it was politically correct and Camilla is likeable in herself and speaks for abused women and osteoporosis charities amongst other things. I love history and solemnity and continuity and there is nothing that can beat the monarchy for those things. The churches, the music, the jewels, the processions, seeing the children grow up, and all the underlying emotions.

The best argument for the monarchy as ever is, what would replace it? Another politician, a president? No ta very much!

I am enjoying the military procession from the Abbey very much. I loved the music in the actual ceremony. The ceremony language, not so much for me personally - probably because I am not a churchgoer - but very moving for many I’m sure.

At times my overriding emotion was how much I miss the Queen being on the throne, and how much I miss my late father who admired her so much.

Is there a flypast this afternoon? I love those.

I am looking forward to the concert this evening.

I am enjoying the military procession from the Abbey very much. I loved the music in the actual ceremony. The ceremony language, not so much for me personally - probably because I am not a churchgoer - but very moving for many I’m sure.

At times my overriding emotion was how much I miss the Queen being on the throne, and how much I miss my late father who admired her so much.

Is there a flypast this afternoon? I love those.

I am looking forward to the concert this evening.

Yes, the flypast is supposed to be over the palace at around 2:30pm UK time.

If we get up early enough on Sunday morning here in Australia, we will get to see the concert. Which I am sure will be excellent!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back