Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it's trail-mix. Bought several bags during my early stocking-up. Thought they might come in handy in a few weeks when I start running out of other rations. I've gone through nearly the entire trail-mix supply and am afraid I'll go through withdrawal. Still have a pantry, fridge and freezer of healthy rations though. This virus is going to create another 12-step group!!!!!

I believe that Margarita has already started a PPFF-raiders group. BTW, where is @margarita25 ?

Last edited:
For me, it's trail-mix. Bought several bags during my early stocking-up. Thought they might come in handy in a few weeks when I start running out of other rations. I've gone through nearly the entire trail-mix supply and am afraid I'll go through withdrawal. Still have a pantry, fridge and freezer of healthy rations though. This virus is going to create another 12-step group!!!!!
For me: coffee.

I have assembled a good stash of coffee, as a priority. I probably have enough food anyway to last several days, but not bottled water so that's next on the list because....coffee.

jmo

Brazil-
A patient admitted to the Hospital Raul Sertã, in Nova Friburgo, who had the condition monitored and investigated by the Municipal Health Department on suspicion of coronavirus died at dawn on Saturday (29). The funeral of Fernando Cesar Rodrigues is scheduled for 5 pm at the Saf Memorial. The wake follows without restrictions.

The Municipal Health Department awaits the result of the examination, which will be given by the Ministry of Health. Cases are only officially recognized as suspects after confirmation by the Ministry of Health, which did not happen in the case of the patient who ended up dying. He was in isolation.

The approximately 60-year-old man had taken a cruise to Argentina along with another 65-year-old woman, who is also under investigation and is quarantined at home. Another suspect case is that of a woman, in her 60s, who recently traveled to Germany. She was seen at a private hospital, is well and quarantined at home.

Morre homem internado em Nova Friburgo, RJ, e investigado pela secretaria municipal por suspeita de coronavírus

Just chiming in on my Costco run today. We live in King County, Washington. We just planned on doing our regular weekly Costco shopping, and it was busier than I had ever seen it. For some reason, there were also more children than I think I've ever seen it there, not sure why.

Costco was out of:
Kirkland Toilet Paper
Clorox Cleaner
Disinfectant Wipes
Hand Gel
Thermometers
Meat Case Low
They couldn't keep up with those rotisserie chickens for some reason, long lines for those.

FWIW. Be careful out there, folks!

3 cases in the Caribbean-

Three cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) were confirmed today as positive in the islands of San Bartolomé and San Martín by the Institut Pasteur de Guadalupe Laboratory, which is conducting the tests.

According to The Daily Herald, the case involves a resident of St. Bartholomew and his visiting relatives from France, who made a stopover in St. Martin, the regional health authority ARS confirmed in a press release.

Meanwhile, it was reported that they are analyzing and taking samples of people who have been in contact with them. In addition, there are two other possible cases in San Martín. Your test samples are currently being processed.

Reportan otros tres casos de coronavirus en el Caribe | El Mundo | elvocero.com

Regarding the postal worker in WA who is infected...

"There is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures," according to the CDC website. "Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods."

Nonetheless, I will be giving my Amazon order the side eye tomorrow. :confused:

Regarding the postal worker in WA who is infected...

"There is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures," according to the CDC website. "Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods."

Nonetheless, I will be giving my Amazon order the side eye tomorrow. :confused:

Yeah, who knew that a postman would have it! I just watched Contagion, and I would be isolating my mail for sure if that was my postman

#COVID19 test results have come back from the State Public Health Laboratory confirming two additional cases of COVID-19 in King County residents. With these two new results, the total number of cases in King County is six. #coronavirus
Public Health confirms two more COVID-19 cases, bringing the total in King County to six – PUBLIC HEALTH INSIDER

COVID-19 test results have come back from the State Public Health Laboratory confirming two additional cases of COVID-19 in King County residents. With these two new results, the total number of cases in King County is six. This number is expected to rise as more people are tested and results confirmed.

The two new cases are in:

• A male in his 60s, hospitalized at Valley Medical Center in Renton. The man has underlying health conditions, and is in critical but stable condition.
  • A male in 60s, hospitalized at Virginia Mason Medical Center. The man has underlying health conditions, and his status is critical.
Four other cases, already reported earlier by Public Health, include:

• A woman in her 50s, who had traveled to South Korea; recovering at home
  • A woman in her 70s, who was a resident of LifeCare in Kirkland, hospitalized at EvergreenHealth
  • A woman in her 40s, employed by LifeCare, who is hospitalized at Overlake Medical Center
  • A man in his 50s, who was hospitalized and died at EvergreenHealth
Public Health is aware that the U.S. Postal Service is reporting that one of its employees was diagnosed with COVID-19. This person was one of the four cases already reported, and is included in the six total cases.

Public Health is leading the effort to as quickly as possible identify close contacts of these six confirmed cases. These close contacts may include family members, co-workers, emergency responders and other contacts. A team of CDC officials is on-the-ground working with Public Health, along with the Washington state Department of Health, our healthcare system partners and many others.

The public can help:

1. Do not go to the emergency room unless essential. Emergency rooms need to be able to serve thosewith the most critical needs. If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your regular doctor first.
  2. Stay home when sick
  3. Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including handwashing, coughing into tissue or elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
  4. Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Check and subscribe to Public Health’s website (www.kingcounty.gov/COVID) or Public Health Insider blog .
Public Health will provide additional updates later today.

Public Health confirms two more COVID-19 cases, bringing the total in King County to six

I think this is new news - 2 more cases in CA:

"Two Bay Area health care workers have been determined "presumptive positive" for coronavirus - one of the workers is from Alameda County and the other one from Solano County.

Both cases are NorthBay VacaValley Hospital health care workers and are currently in isolation at home. According to officials, both health care workers had exposure to the community-acquired case hospitalized at UC Davis Medical Center."

Two Bay Area Health Care Workers ‘Presumptive Positive’ for Coronavirus

Who is instructing you to stay home? I’ve got a trip planned to Portland in the middle of May. Ugh. Worried about travel in general.

Two advice nurses suggested I stay home citing that not much is known about the virus and that I should wait to see if I’m contacted about exposure through the local elementary school.

The more I’m reading, the more I’m feeling like this virus is probably already infiltrating the community. They think it’s been spreading for 6 weeks in Washington. It has to be rapidly spreading through the Portland metro area, too. Moo, of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMpavashootski