Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

POLLS:

POLL: Confident that US agencies are doing everything to prevent the spread of COVID-19?

POLL: What concerns you most about COVID-19?

POLL: Confident in US medical facilities and personnel to adequately manage COVID-19?

POLL: What do you think the status of COVID-19 will be in six months (September, 2020)?

______

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

The only map I can find that I think is doing a fairly good job of covering the cases for all of US is the BNO map. Link below. They are a little late lately with some of the new states reporting in the US because they wait to get official state figures, but usually within a day or so they seem to catch up.

You can zoom in and out, and also drag the map left and right. Then if you click on a DOT, it gives latest information for that area.

You may already be familiar with this map as we have shared it a lot when this started in China.

ETA - I am also including another site link "Worldometer" below that one that doesnt have a map for US but does have some good information for the world cases everywhere.

SARS-CoV-2 (BNO News / BNO Noticias Coronavirus tracker) - خرائطي على Google

Coronavirus Update (Live): 102,050 Cases and 3,494 Deaths from COVID-19 Wuhan China Virus Outbreak - Worldometer
I have been referring to this one quite a bit
Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Is there a current, accurate map of effected states?

Oh, and just found out on this link below, if you scroll past the international figures, at the bottom of that long list, you can click on USA and if you scroll up after clicking USA, it gives totals for each city.

Again, they sometimes are a little late like a day or so to catch up with the breaking state news, but they usually get them pretty close and fairly quickly for US.

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

Last edited:
'Melbourne doctor with coronavirus symptoms continued seeing patients 'Flabbergasted': Melbourne doctor with coronavirus symptoms continued seeing patients

The doctor is the state’s 11th case of the novel coronavirus and the state health minister, Jenny Mikakos, says he attended work and treated patients after her was symptomatic.

“I have to say I am flabbergasted that a doctor that has flulike symptoms has presented to work,” Mikakos said.

“He became unwell with a runny nose on an internal flight from Denver to San Francisco on February 27, US time, then flew to from San Francisco to Melbourne on United Airlines flight UA60, arriving at approximately 9.30am Saturday 29 February.”

The doctor saw approximately 70 patients last week between Monday 2 March and Friday 6 March at the Toorak Clinic on Malvern Road. The clinic has been since closed.

Patients have been contacted by text message, phone or email and two patients the doctor treated in a Malvern nursing home have been isolated.

All patients the doctor saw and all clinic staff have been asked to self-isolate for 14 days. The clinic’s other patients have been asked to monitor their symptoms.

BREAKING: Hawaii reports first case of coronavirus Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

#US #Hawaii first confirmed #coronavirus case
Individual was on #GrandPrincess cruise in Feb. disembarked in #Mexico, flew to HI. Fell ill in Hawaii. Isolating at home.
90 people in home quarantine.
-from Hawaii press conf.
COVID19 on Twitter

Last edited:
LOL, one article talks about antibacterial soaps and the other talks about 60% and greater alcohol based hand sanitizer.

And there's your choice ;) wash your hands or use sanitiser - they will both work. I think it's really poor form that people are destabilising the scientific advice about this. Its the primary way people can help to minimise the spread - wash or sanitise your hands, so simple!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member