Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha.....sometimes I wish.

Due to “social distancing” and “tele-everything”, we will all become robots soon enough :D

—-

I was peeking in on Alaska out of curiosity and came across this:

“ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - The 2020 Arctic Winter Games are being canceled.”

BBM / Please read @lebronjames:

““The decision to cancel the Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games was not made easily but while we are disappointed, we are acting responsibly by following the recommendation of the Chief Medical Officer of Health." said 2020 AWG Host Society President George Arcand. "We will be meeting with the Host Society’s Board of Management, our funding partners and stakeholders over the coming days to build a plan for decommissioning the Games.”

2020 Arctic Winter Games cancelled due to COVID-19

Last edited:
Mitigation steps are critical to keep the healthcare system from becoming overwhelmed by a surge in cases. We must slow spread. Once the system is overwhelmed the fatality rate can rise sharply as we saw in Wuhan. #COVID19
Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

Good luck with this. Half the population think this is simply overblown and that it won't affect them...for me, while the numbers skew towards the elderly, I am coming across too many young healthy people getting hit hard too. I am not comforted by my son being under 40 at all...

Thank you, I was not aware.

Curious why you think either/both of them are bad?

Because they're overused by bureaucrats to protect info that shouldn't be protected. Like who punched your kid in the mouth on the playground and what's being done about it. And because the public doesn't seem to understand who is bound by which laws or why. So it's just knee-jerk, oh that's HIPAA/FERPA. jmo

Due to social distancing, we will all become robots soon enough :D

—-

I was peeking on in Alaska out of curiosity and came across this, sorry I’d repost:

“ANCHORAGE (KTUU) - The 2020 Arctic Winter Games are being canceled.”

BBM : Please read @lebronjames
““The decision to cancel the Whitehorse 2020 Arctic Winter Games was not made easily but while we are disappointed, we are acting responsibly by following the recommendation of the Chief Medical Officer of Health." said 2020 AWG Host Society President George Arcand. "We will be meeting with the Host Society’s Board of Management, our funding partners and stakeholders over the coming days to build a plan for decommissioning the Games.”

2020 Arctic Winter Games cancelled due to COVID-19

Yes, I was rather disappointed in his response about that. I keep in mind that many of these pro athletes didn't get more than a high school education and even then they probably missed a lot of classes for practice, travel, etc. It doesn't mean they're not smart, just not well educated on topics like microbiology and epidemiology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14