Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ELK GROVE, CA

BREAKING NEWS: Elk Grove Unified School District cancels classes for all schools after a family tests positive for #coronavirus. This comes after an internal email surfaced showing school leaders knew a relative was exposed to an infected person & kept that info CONFIDENTIAL. Marlei Martinez on Twitter
Marlei Martinez on Twitter

I am very concerned. I live with my Dad who is 73 and diabetic. I’m 35, disabled due to back surgery that was a disaster and also have Crohn’s disease and have a suppressed immune system. So both of us are high risk and neither of us are ready to die yet.
I am sending you and your dad love and prayers. This situation is very scary. I am glad that you have been here reading this whole time and you are knowledgeable and prepared. I am going to be keeping a very close eye on the numbers in Scotland now!

I am sending you and your dad love and prayers. This situation is very scary. I am glad that you have been here reading this whole time and you are knowledgeable and prepared. I am going to be keeping a very close eye on the numbers in Scotland now!

Thank you so much for your kindness and good wishes they are much appreciated. I send my best wishes to you and your loved ones and hope you are all safe from the virus too.

I also thank @margarita25 for her kindness and much appreciated support.

This is a battle cry.....

Scott Gottlieb, MD on Twitter

THREAD: On #Coronavirus, we may be entering a period of accelerating cases. The country could look very different over next two weeks. We’ll get through this, but need to take steps now to limit the scope and impact of virus. There are things we can do now to help ourselves. 1/n

2/n In last 10 days Italy diagnosed 95% of total cases they now report; South Korea 85%. 2 weeks ago, Italy had just 9 cases. 7 weeks ago, China reported 50 cases. The point: once the epidemics are discovered, they’ve been underway. Case counts grow quickly. Same likely true here

3/n What should we do now? Moving quickly and aggressively to mitigate spread, reduce the scope of the epidemic here, continue to ready the healthcare system, work with cities and states to develop a uniform, systematic response; provide financial assistance to help these efforts

There is more....

Standing ovation, mags. Or as my teen daughter mistakenly called it many years ago...”standing ovulation.” :D
LOL!

Well, it is Women's History Month, isn't it? Seems appropriate.

And speaking of women's history, hysteria's root is from the word for uterus (and the word is often used as a put down to women, as a way to dismiss them).

So, let's embrace all this. And in the spirit of inclusiveness, I include our men WSers too, of course... in a standing ovulation.

jmo

I think it is helpful to do some things that help you feel like you have some control. We know about washing our hands, isolating as much as possible, trying not to touch your face...
What are some of the things you are doing that other people may not think about?
I am taking elderberry(so yummy!), zinc, Trying to get exercise every day and soak up vitamin D when the sun is out. I eat something green, orange and red every day. Not skittles!

Thank you so much for your kindness and good wishes they are much appreciated. I send my best wishes to you and your loved ones and hope you are all safe from the virus too.

I also thank @margarita25 for her kindness and much appreciated support.

Your wise and modulated comments are very very valuable. I value your observations very much.

Stay cozy and safe.

ELK GROVE, CA

BREAKING NEWS: Elk Grove Unified School District cancels classes for all schools after a family tests positive for #coronavirus. This comes after an internal email surfaced showing school leaders knew a relative was exposed to an infected person & kept that info CONFIDENTIAL. Marlei Martinez on Twitter
Marlei Martinez on Twitter

That’s a misleading headline. They had to keep confidential or violate HIPPA & district policy. Makes school leaders look negligent which is not honest reporting. I hate these inflammatory reports just trying to win the most clicks. It’s no different than charging $200 for a bottle of hand sanitizer imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING: Italian Prime Minister Conte signs decree putting Lombardy and 14 provinces, including Milan, on lockdown to stop the spread of coronavirus

BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Italian regions now on lockdown:
- Lombardy Region
- Venice
- Modena
- Parma
- Piacenza
- Reggio Emilia
- Rimini
- Pesaro and Urbino
- Alessandria
- Asti
- Novara
- Verbano-Cusio-Ossola
- Vercelli
- Padua
- Treviso
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Last edited:
That’s a misleading headline. They had to keep confidential or violate HIPPA & district policy. Makes school leaders look negligent which is not honest reporting. I hate these inflammatory reports just trying to win the most clicks. It’s no different than charging $200 for a bottle of hand sanitizer imho.
There as a copy of the letter in the tweet....too far back for me to go find it.

Wasn't he urging calm yesterday?

'I'm not urging calm," Cuomo stated. "I'm urging reality. I'm urging a factual response as opposed to an emotional response... that people understand the information and not the hype.'

I wish the headline would quote the whole statement. I watched his whole press conference. It was nice to hear a smart, fact-based, competent, empathetic (it's worry for the elderly and immuno-compromised that "keeps him up at night") person talk about what he/his administration is doing <modsnip>
IMO.

Last edited:
Los Angeles Marathon Tomorrow.....

Let’s talk #COVID19 + @lamarathon: 20,000 runners for 26 miles + thousand spectators. Race officials say that runners self-police by staying 6 feet apart- ummm, proof that works? In Italy , #coronavirus was spread among marathon runners. Mayor @ericgarcetti should cancel event!

Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

There as a copy of the letter in the tweet....too far back for me to go find it.
Read it. No need to go back. The concern clearly stated was for confidentiality of the student to prevent future bullying & ostracism. The headline reporting implied negligence on the part of district staff. Dishonest reporting, as I said.

'I'm not urging calm," Cuomo stated. "I'm urging reality. I'm urging a factual response as opposed to an emotional response... that people understand the information and not the hype.'

I wish the headline would quote the whole statement. I watched his whole press conference. It was nice to hear a smart, fact-based, competent, empathetic (it's worry for the elderly and immuno-compromised that "keep him up at night") person talk about what he/his administration is doing <modsnip>
IMO.
Thanks

I think it is helpful to do some things that help you feel like you have some control. We know about washing our hands, isolating as much as possible, trying not to touch your face...
What are some of the things you are doing that other people may not think about?
I am taking elderberry(so yummy!), zinc, Trying to get exercise every day and soak up vitamin D when the sun is out. I eat something green, orange and red every day. Not skittles!
Tumeric capsules for me (or a turmeric latte when I can find one). Also cranberry, probiotics and fish oil capsules. I've been taking these all along so not really anything different. I also drink Bai Antioxidant Infusion drinks. Mango and watermelon are 2 of my favorites. Sweetened with stevia - lots of nutritional value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025