Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NYC worries me immensely. May daughter and SIL, my son and DIL - all 4 of them work in the city. One near Rockefeller, one near Wall Street. The other 2 near mid-town. They commute by train/subway on the PATH and on the LIRR and MTA. It frightens the p**p out of me. :(

I had to laugh when NYC said that they had a plan to keep the transit system clean.

I am absolutely with you on the cruise ships...you bought it, you chose to take the risk and now you want the rest of us to bring you back home and strain our medical services even more? Where is all that personal responsibility people like to expound on...

I've done a *think think think* on this, and where is the line drawn. 99% of my friends think the same thing as they don't follow WHO, Dr. C, Dr. Sh..., etc. They watch media and that is all they know with their busy lives. I'm not sure they are aware of the risk due to signals from folks they trust. Some governments say we will pick up tab with our emergency funds for testing of all that want, and some won't.

SMH... as the post said which I quoted yesterday, only 1/3 are real "costs" to the economy... 2/3 are the consumers and the markets afterwards. $hit is going to hit the fan with the markets, and I"m out till next year perhaps as this is going to have long term effects in all world economies.. not just the fact that China went down from above 50 to below 37 on their MIP to foreshadow.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_152902.png
    IMG_20200308_152902.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
Presser sounded like all the rest. They haven't really done the hard stuff yet. Waiting to see if they have the guts to do the right thing....

agree, I just read the whole Florida Declaration of Public Health Emergency written by state
surgeon general.
It sounds wonderful, on paper. but has my state really done much yet to curb the spread or all the great things the proclamation says
they will do?? Nope, not at all.
Well the Governor and his 2 senate buddies,
Rubio and Scott probably all had a nice lunch
and a few beers w/ the cruise line owners yesterday. Today? probably Golf, as usual.

University of Utah health

At the U of U Hospital, we put up our negative pressure Emergency Department screening tent. In the event of an outbreak, we can screen patients in this free-standing facility without risk of spread to our staff & patients. We will put up more tents in the coming weeks if needed. University of Utah Health on Twitter

This should be taking place everywhere! RIGHT NOW!!

Random musing, I may need to add extra deodorant to my list. My armpits are sweating with anxiety.

As a hint, Stridex Medicated Pads with Salicylic Acid ( the kind used for Acne treatment) are very effective in stopping underarm odor. They kill the bacteria.

Use 2-3 x a week after a shower and before deodorant. They aren't antiperspirant, but really help cut down on odor, assuming you shave your armpits.

However I don't think they should be used as hand wipes for SARS-CoV-2.

That was me. I'm not overlooking quarantine. I'm saying quarantine isn't a viable option in the US. It's not going to happen. jmo
Why, because it is inconvenient and Americans won’t tolerate that. And why should we be immune from an outbreak like Italy? I do think you are right though because we are just way too stupid to consider something as reasonable as quarantine if we get as bad as Iran or Italy and we will pay dearly for it.

CORONAVIRUS CAN CAUSE MENINGITIS SAY JAPANESE DOCTORS

Doctors at a hospital in Yamanashi Prefecture west of Tokyo, say the new coronavirus is likely to have caused meningitis in a male patient in his 20s.

The man had a fever on February 27 and visited different medical institutions on February 28 and March 2, but was not tested for the coronavirus according to Japanese broadcaster NHK.

The man was found collapsed in his home on Friday and was transported to hospital where he tested positive for the coronavirus.

He is now in intensive care with a fever, pneumonia and meningitis.

Doctors at the hospital say it is extremely rare for the new coronavirus to trigger meningitis.

Coronavirus UK updates LIVE: NHS may be forced to CANCEL operations as UK cases hits 273

I really hope this young man survives.

OK So this is a very good reason for GenX, and whatever 20 year olds are now to PAY ATTENTION to this outbreak.

No concert, restaurant, rave, foam party, football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey or other game is worth having encephalitis.

View from #COVID19 US epicenter #Seattle: Significant social distancing measures are NOT yet in place - pub schools still open, major sporting event being held - concern that every day we delay we get closer to worst-case scenario @JeremyKonyndyk @RonaldKlain @Laurie_Garrett
Gabrielle Fitzgerald on Twitter
Hey Henry, how does a state get great mouthpieces on twitter to speak to the situation of gov't. inaction?
I'd like to see some Florida critics on there.

Why, because it is inconvenient and Americans won’t tolerate that. And why should we be immune from an outbreak like Italy? I do think you are right though because we are just way too stupid to consider something as reasonable as quarantine if we get as bad as Iran or Italy and we will pay dearly for it.

MOO - Fear of COVID-19 will be a driving factor in this case. It will be harder to get the hard core preppers out of their homes than it will be to keep them inside!

Totally agree!!! Just like China, we only count those tested. No testing and the results remain low.

The federal government failed the US citizens and states are trapped having to provide medical care without adequate testing, limited hazmat equipment and a "NO mask" crisis.

I see the tide changing for our political leaders both state and federal. Elected officials are good at making promises and folks forget, this is different.... eventually everyone in the US will be "touched" directly or indirectly and folks are gonna be mad, ticked off and wanting retribution for loss loved ones.

Folks in America and worldwide are scared, if they are following the media. When the Surgeon's General tells me NOT to wear an N95mask, I question his ability to lead our healthcare decisions. Why doesn't he just say..we ain't got mask, no test kits and everyone needs to fend for themselves. I worked 40 plus years in healthcare and it is STANDARD Personal Protective Equipment. Japan has vending kiosk with N95 mask.

When the CDC fails with a test and won't use the WHO approved test, I question how these folks are keeping their jobs.

When the government and CDC puts stranded cruise ship citizens above communities in widespread out break, to provide testing, quarantine with meals and around the clock medical care and jet service to a faculty or hospital. I'm not happy!!!!

Something just ain't right about this whole situation.

IMOO

THIS, THIS, THIS

Nothing about the Federal Government is passing the smell test, IMHO

No. Because the scale of the quarantine would be untenable and lead to a much huger problem than the virus running its course. I don't think quarantine is reasonable in the US whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member