Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s another thing that I think is important to mention re: supplies, etc.:

I think rationing is also a big part of this whole equation. For example, I noticed that before this, I would just “pour however much milk I wanted in my coffee”.

Well now I’m thinking about how I can better use all items more sparingly and carefully. This requires a conscious effort to break all habits.

I am practicing more control and restraint with regards to everything.

Do I really need ALL THAT GRATED CHEESE on top of my pizza?

I can list endless examples on how I’ve been consciously using everything around here more carefully. I learned that lesson real fast when I consumed the majority of my food supplies in a short time period.

This is a lesson that I think is beneficial whether or not there is an epidemic, but certainly important going forward as related to the situation at hand and stretching out supplies.

Sooooooo...the burning question regarding rationing supplies is...how few squares of TP we can use. :D

Presser sounded like all the rest. They haven't really done the hard stuff yet. Waiting to see if they have the guts to do the right thing....

Yeah I think the Governor initial State pressers are all going to be pretty much the same things for the most part. Exactly why I said same old same old.
These may change based on the different conditions which are rapidly evolving.

Then again, we have our Denver Public Health official who said on a Presser last night he doesn’t recommend the elderly stay at home. There was a short video I posted about upstream about the confliction on this between the advice of CDC and Denver’s PHD.

Totally agree!!! Just like China, we only count those tested. No testing and the results remain low.

The federal government failed the US citizens and states are trapped having to provide medical care without adequate testing, limited hazmat equipment and a "NO mask" crisis.

I see the tide changing for our political leaders both state and federal. Elected officials are good at making promises and folks forget, this is different.... eventually everyone in the US will be "touched" directly or indirectly and folks are gonna be mad, ticked off and wanting retribution for loss loved ones.

Folks in America and worldwide are scared, if they are following the media. When the Surgeon's General tells me NOT to wear an N95mask, I question his ability to lead our healthcare decisions. Why doesn't he just say..we ain't got mask, no test kits and everyone needs to fend for themselves. I worked 40 plus years in healthcare and it is STANDARD Personal Protective Equipment. Japan has vending kiosk with N95 mask.

When the CDC fails with a test and won't use the WHO approved test, I question how these folks are keeping their jobs.

When the government and CDC puts stranded cruise ship citizens above communities in widespread out break, to provide testing, quarantine with meals and around the clock medical care and jet service to a faculty or hospital. I'm not happy!!!!

Something just ain't right about this whole situation.

IMOO

My usual way of reading threads is just to read each post, without consideration of who is posting. Especially when moving fast.

And on some occasions, I just say to myself, wow, who said that... and I scroll up to note the person who is so eloquent in expressing my feelings and words that I just cannot seem to express (therefore I mostly just do links)..

Anywhoo, I scrolled up on this one, good post Simply Southern. Thank you.

I am totally lost on the "over 60" designation. People are still working in their 60s!
jmo

Yes, this is a concern I have too. And the younger people that we work with don't seem to understand our concerns. I was told that our workplace is following CDC guidelines, and there have not been specific guidelines regarding over 60 in the workplace. But the risk goes up significantly for every decade of age over 50. MOO

FCO CHANGES ITALY TRAVEL ADVICE

The UK foreign office have issued new travel advice for Italy as coronavirus cases have snowballed in the region.

Brits are now advised against all but essential travel.

But UK nationals will STILL be able to return home from the country without restriction.

Italy now has the second-highest infection rate globally with a 25 per cent spike in cases and 133 new deaths overnight.

Coronavirus UK updates LIVE: NHS may be forced to CANCEL operations as UK cases hits 273

It is insanity that the U.K government is allowing people to return from Italy without restrictions given the number of people ill and deceased in Italy. People returning from Italy should be quarantined.

University of Utah health

At the U of U Hospital, we put up our negative pressure Emergency Department screening tent. In the event of an outbreak, we can screen patients in this free-standing facility without risk of spread to our staff & patients. We will put up more tents in the coming weeks if needed. University of Utah Health on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_151930.jpg
    IMG_20200308_151930.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 6
Just checking in with everyone. I’m taking Tylenol for the fever, expectorant when needed. Feeling exhausted when I’m awake.
I don’t have the symptoms for someone with the virus. No sore throat. But some coughing. Just this fever, headache and feeling run down.
Please excuse me for yesterday. I normally don’t feel sorry for myself but after watching the local news and hearing about more deaths it was too much yesterday.

Everyone thank you for your concern on how I feel. We have a great group of people here.

I must admit that I'm a little disheartened about Princess Cruises taking a major media hit in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Since 2002, DH and I have sailed exclusively on Princess - 21 cruises to date. We like the understated elegance of Princess ships and the relaxed, quiet ambiance. Princess ships don't have ice rinks, water slides, go-kart tracks, rock-climbing walls, etc. that one finds on other lines. While there are dedicated children's/teens' centers, we rarely see more than a handful of children or teens on our cruises that are usually when school is in session.

Princess tends to attract "older" guests, so I'm thinking that this might be the reason that Princess ships are prone to COVID-19 outbreaks. There have been comments that refer to Princess vessels as "floating nursing homes" due to the high number of older passengers, many using walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters.
The same is true with Celebrity, which is our usual cruise ship of choice. We did use Princes once to go to Alaska and we really loved it too.

These ships have become incubators, especially in the way passengers are held on board. And, when the passengers are finally "released" there seems to be a major spread linked somehow back to the ships. JMO

Last edited:
Yes, this is a concern I have too. And the younger people that we work with don't seem to understand our concerns. I was told that our workplace is following CDC guidelines, and there have not been specific guidelines regarding over 60 in the workplace. But the risk goes up significantly for every decade of age over 50. MOO

Jumping off this, (welcome again @Sundog :) ), we know very clearly from various credible sources that this is the “Angel of Death” (insert source) for older people.

Out of curiosity, I do wonder how many individual persons to date have died that do not fall into the category of “elderly” ...well let’s start low and use the “40” number that was mentioned twice in early WHO conferences.

I guess what I’m saying is, we are of course looking at numbers, numbers, numbers, but remember every single digit is a person’s life. It might be easy so to speak to gloss over the lower numbers...high risk is high risk, but I’m curious about...
having a hard time articulating at the moment, so “making a note”.

@dixiegirl1035 , or anyone else who cares to answer, how many people, that we know of, around the world collectively, under 40 have died. Of course, their underlying conditions and level of care would need to be evaluated as well.

Last edited:
Just checking in with everyone. I’m taking Tylenol for the fever, expectorant when needed. Feeling exhausted when I’m awake.
I don’t have the symptoms for someone with the virus. No sore throat. But some coughing. Just this fever, headache and feeling run down.
Please excuse me for yesterday. I normally don’t feel sorry for myself but after watching the local news and hearing about more deaths it was too much yesterday.

Everyone thank you for your concern on how I feel. We have a great group of people here.
I'm so glad to hear from you. I was just about to search to see if you had been online.

Self pity is not something to be ashamed of. When you're sick, it's a given. Please take care. xo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove