DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_194239.png
    IMG_20200309_194239.png
    142.7 KB · Views: 15
Congressmen self-quarantine, including two who had contact with the President

Rep. Doug Collins, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida are now the third and fourth congressmen to take the step, following the same announcements from Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas and Rep. Paul Gosar of Arizona on Sunday.

Collins shook hands with Trump when the President visited the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta last week. Gaetz rode on Air Force Once with the President on Monday.
BBM

Matt Gaetz is the one who mockingly wore a gas mask.:mad:

4 members of Congress -- including lawmaker who shook Trump's hand -- to self-quarantine after CPAC - CNNPolitics

Wow. That came back to bite him.

The key is using a whisk!

Girl, this is wild...I’m trippin balls...hope court went well...hugs...thank goodness for at least some preparation...that was a gift for us. That was that window Doc T was talking about for so long. That window really was one of “opportunity”.

I feel for the people who have to brave the stores and lines now in a potential sick “sustained” situation...many still won’t care moo.

My driver today said “I gave 50 rides yesterday and I’m okay....” (in other words not to worry LOL...he was one nice guys out of all of this)

I likely have it now LOL

No choice sometimes. You do the best you can . :) And I did the best I could, thanks to all of you.

Woohoo happy dance.

Last edited:
Costco was surreal today. Signs on Toilet paper, rice, sugar, water, coffee, flour, that the limit is "Two". Everyone there, had their limits of "two".

I had to resist the urge to buy Toilet Paper. We don't need any.

There were fewer people, less workers, and no samples at all. It was a grim shopping experience. People are not happy, normal, smiling. It was a serious business. Wow.

In general, talking about the virus is not "politically correct" any more. Be careful peeps, stay zipped at work.

JUST IN: DHEC is now monitoring a 7th presumptive positive case of Coronavirus in South Carolina. @henrymcmaster is speaking to the press right now. @Live5News #chsnews
Emma Galasso on Twitter

DHEC officials say the new presumed positive case did have direct face to face contact with another possible positive case in Camden. #update

Powerful narrative from a Doctor in Italy from Bergamo, that he is sharing with the world because he wants them to understand that COVID19 "is not the flu":

A thread written by @silviast9

Quotes from thread:

2/ This is the English translation of a post of another ICU physician in Bergamo, Dr. Daniele Macchini. Read until the end "After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.

3/ I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder.

4/ I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly "emptied", elective activitieswere interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.

5/ All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity.

6/ I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.

7/ The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.

8/ The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.

9/ Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing covid19 to flu, link below]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is"temporarily" put in crisis,

10/ the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.

11/ Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.

12/ Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.

13/ Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.

14/ The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask "what can I do for you now?"

15/ Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.

16/ There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.

17/ Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.[BBM]

18/ We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy."

20/ I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?

19/ Full post here, you can DeepL: https://www.ecodibergamo.it/stories/bergamo-citta/con-le-nostre-azioni-influenziamola-vita-e-la-morte-di-molte-persone_1344030_11/ …

Speechless.

Summary of Monday's biggest coronavirus updates:
- Italy: 1,797 new cases, 97 new deaths
- Iran: 595 new cases, 43 new deaths
- Spain: 558 new cases, 13 new deaths
- France: 203 new cases, 11 new deaths
- Germany: 184 new cases, 2 new deaths
Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

I think Italy are going to get a lot of deaths from this unfortunately as they are a elderly nation. I think one of the highest for older people outside of places like Japan.

IMO

We are stocked with animal feed, shavings, dog food and human supplies. At any point in time we should be good for 6 weeks give or take a few days by replacing what I use on a weekly basis. Made a big batch of salsa and canned it so if I’m stuck eating plain beans and rice at least it will have some flavor. Lady in the store wanted to know why I was buying so many tomatoes, thought about saying they are a cure for the Coronavirus but decided to hide my dark humor. Instead I told the truth and have thirty-two 8 oz jars with store bought tomatoes and my jalapeños, serranos and habaneros I grew last summer and froze until I could use them. Between that and my orange habanero jelly we should be good on dressing up the basics.
Neighbor came over for some eggs and she had no idea about the virus. I mean she did but she thought it was overblown in media. I got into the stats on it and she seemed a bit alarmed. Told her if she needed anything to let us know. I can set her up with eggs and homemade bread if food gets short and sent her home with a jar of salsa to try, not so sure about sharing my tp stash.

Coronavirus symptoms usually take 5 days to appear, study says - CNN
"The focus on containment has lasted a little bit too long," said Lessler, the study author. "We have to remember, particularly now that it seems like the virus is more widespread in parts of the United States and around the world, that the goal is not necessarily zero cases occurring after quarantine"

Instead, he said, the focus needs to be on mitigation -- efforts that seek to reduce the virus's impact on communities once it's already spreading.

The goal should be "to try to balance the risk of people spreading disease and infecting other who might be at high risk, and slowing the epidemic," said Lester.''

Forget the shortage of TP, the world (at least some people) are in short supply of compassion.

jmo

I guess people don’t care about their parents or grandparents? Or sick family members?

I told them, “you watch, this is about to blow the heck up” (censored). They looked at me like , “yeah ok!” :D

Believe me, I take the time to also mention that I’m not plucking this out of thin air and “well, I’ve been watching this since day 1 and these are my predictions based on infinite reports, press conferences, etc, that I have STUDIED, and also I happen TO CARE about those around me who are elderly, have health issues...”

Yeah and what about everyone else? Sure, many people don’t have major symptoms but 26% need intensive care. We’ve read of multiple cases of people under 40 who need to be hospitalized. I just don’t get why that’s not scary for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat