Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband had a job opportunity. And we jumped at the chance to see Europe. We go home this summer. Will be sad but we have seen so much. Besides Italy I’ve been to countries that I thought I’ll never see. It’s been an adventure. Now we are ending it on this virus. Lots to do to get back home but planning is on hold.

What a great adventure! Everything is so close in Europe. You’ll never regret it and have wonderful memories...except for the lockdown. Hopefully someday it will just be a really interesting story to tell.

I have just seen Donald Trumps tweets about coronavirus and he is absolutely off his rocker.

The UK is also bugging me as they are not doing enough to stop the spread here. It’s so frustrating to watch the lackluster response to all this and knowing it’s going to explode here exactly like Italy and then it will be too late.

Good to hear from you!

Hi. Every day is something new here. My plan to leave the country if things got worse is not plan b anymore. Italy is in a lockdown. No one in or out. Good news we can still go out and buy food. But it is recommended to not hang out at social gatherings. I hope to see people follow this. amazingly people follow the 1 meter rule in lines.

Yesterday I went to the post office it was Not busy. No waiting in line. Also went to the Eye office to order contacts. Only 1 person working. Usually 5. My husband still has work but they split his day so less people in the office. Most get to work from home.

Kids are still doing on lines classes. It is a pretty good setup.
Last week I was thinking of taking walks with friends but with new restrictions they really just want us to stay home so I’ll follow the rules.

Italians are very clean people. Yes they kiss double cheeks but that’s been around for so long. I am always amazed how well Italians clean their businesses. They also will stop everything to clean something. This was before the virus outbreak. On my social media I’ve seen remarks about Italians not keeping clean and they are wrong. That’s not the reasoning. In the whole world people wash hands after using the toilet. I hope. But if one is out and touch something and eat chances are one did not wash hands again. . If you sit for a afternoon drink they bring you peanuts and a small bowl of chips if the group is sharing maybe that’s how it could spread. My husband always thought I was crazy but for many years I’ve always washed my hands before I eat not just at home but restaurants. Imagine how dirty the menus are. And the doors you’ve touched. And yes I am the odd one in the bathroom trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands. Or how to toss the paper in the trash after door opens.

Irish coronavirus patient describes how it feels to get the illness and what happens when you tell the HSE

AN IRISHMAN WHO contracted Covid-19 while abroad has described how it feels to be infected with the virus and how the HSE dealt with his case.
Finally somebody had a good experience. Unfortunately it sounds like one will have to move to Ireland to get that.
Cause nobody in the US described anything even remotely similar, sounds like it was a fight to even get the test.

I have just seen Donald Trumps tweets about coronavirus and he is absolutely off his rocker.

The UK is also bugging me as they are not doing enough to stop the spread here. It’s so frustrating to watch the lackluster response to all this and knowing it’s going to explode here exactly like Italy and then it will be too late.
Yea, UK seems to be similar to US in that way. Sounds like they are allowing people in from Italy and not even asking them to self-quarantine? So did US. I am also questioning Italy's infection numbers because it seems just too many people coming back from Italy are infected?

"Hit game shows Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune will temporarily nix audiences as a protective measure against the spread of coronavirus, a report said.

The two shows will start filming without the live audiences on Tuesday, sources told TMZ."

https://nypost.com/2020/03/09/jeopardy-and-wheel-of-fortune-to-begin-audience-ban-over-coronavirus/

For Alex Trebek:

What is Hubei.

Covid-19 for 40o, Alex.

Who is Dr. Mike

Covid-19 for 600

Daily Double!

I’ll bet it all Alex. Cliff Claven.

What is “Aerosol Plumes of Virus- Laden Diahrea

Covid 800
What is Lackland

Covid 1000

The other daily Double!!

I’ll bet it all again Alex, please.

Who is Dr. LW

—//—

It’s too late for me as I’ve already done all my shopping and Denver has sustained transmission, wish I could’ve gotten more garlic...I highly recommend garlic bulbs for you last minute shoppers. I am cooking now. Wish I would have bought more garlic (not just for social distancing purposes).

Last edited:
Yea, UK seems to be similar to US in that way. Sounds like they are allowing people in from Italy and not even asking them to self-quarantine? So did US. I am also questioning Italy's infection numbers because it seems just too many people coming back from Italy are infected?

I think Italy are just testing a lot more and then throw in the fact it’s a elderly nation it’s going to hit them hard.

Attached was the capacity of ICU beds in European countries in 2012. The source said that there are actually fewer now.

"AHA data: According to the AHA 2015 annual survey, the United States had 4862 acute care registered hospitals; 2814 of these had at least 10 acute care beds and at least 1 ICU bed. These hospitals had a total of 540,668 staffed beds and 94,837 ICU beds (14.3% ICU beds/total beds) in 5229 ICUs."

So only 94,837 ICU beds in all of the US. We know these are mostly full at all times. To say is strongly, we are screwed.
SCCM | Critical Care Statistics
So what are we doing for regular flu? Because we are told total flu numbers (because millions are infected) are much higher, and yet we have so very few beds?

I think Italy are just testing a lot more and then throw in the fact it’s a elderly nation it’s going to hit them hard.
I am actually thinking their infections numbers are higher than what has been reported, because so many people coming back from Italy to other countries seem to be infected.
Yep, just found conformation, they have only been testing patients that exhibited symptoms. So yep, the numbers they are reporting not the total numbers of infected, but those with symptoms.
"The majority of the deaths, 89%, are Italians over the age of 70, according to Italy’s Civil Protection Agency. Italian health official Gianni Rezza said testing carried out only on patients that exhibited symptoms contributed to the increased the death toll."
Trump promises economic relief plan in fight against coronavirus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads