Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Every day is something new here. My plan to leave the country if things got worse is not plan b anymore. Italy is in a lockdown. No one in or out. Good news we can still go out and buy food. But it is recommended to not hang out at social gatherings. I hope to see people follow this. amazingly people follow the 1 meter rule in lines.

Yesterday I went to the post office it was Not busy. No waiting in line. Also went to the Eye office to order contacts. Only 1 person working. Usually 5. My husband still has work but they split his day so less people in the office. Most get to work from home.

Kids are still doing on lines classes. It is a pretty good setup.
Last week I was thinking of taking walks with friends but with new restrictions they really just want us to stay home so I’ll follow the rules.

Italians are very clean people. Yes they kiss double cheeks but that’s been around for so long. I am always amazed how well Italians clean their businesses. They also will stop everything to clean something. This was before the virus outbreak. On my social media I’ve seen remarks about Italians not keeping clean and they are wrong. That’s not the reasoning. In the whole world people wash hands after using the toilet. I hope. But if one is out and touch something and eat chances are one did not wash hands again. . If you sit for a afternoon drink they bring you peanuts and a small bowl of chips if the group is sharing maybe that’s how it could spread. My husband always thought I was crazy but for many years I’ve always washed my hands before I eat not just at home but restaurants. Imagine how dirty the menus are. And the doors you’ve touched. And yes I am the odd one in the bathroom trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands. Or how to toss the paper in the trash after door opens.

It’s good to hear you’re managing under this new normal. You may have to coach some of us at some point. Be well! :)

Hi. Every day is something new here. My plan to leave the country if things got worse is not plan b anymore. Italy is in a lockdown. No one in or out. Good news we can still go out and buy food. But it is recommended to not hang out at social gatherings. I hope to see people follow this. amazingly people follow the 1 meter rule in lines.

Yesterday I went to the post office it was Not busy. No waiting in line. Also went to the Eye office to order contacts. Only 1 person working. Usually 5. My husband still has work but they split his day so less people in the office. Most get to work from home.

Last week I was thinking of taking walks with friends but with new restrictions they really just want us to stay home so I’ll follow the rules.

Italians are very clean people. Yes they kiss double cheeks but that’s been around for so long. I am always amazed how well Italians clean their businesses. They also will stop everything to clean something. This was before the virus outbreak. On my social media I’ve seen remarks about Italians not keeping clean and they are wrong. That’s not the reasoning. In the whole world people wash hands after using the toilet. I hope. But if one is out and touch something and eat chances are one did not wash hands again. . If you sit for a afternoon drink they bring you peanuts and a small bowl of chips if the group is sharing maybe that’s how it could spread. My husband always thought I was crazy but for many years I’ve always washed my hands before I eat not just at home but restaurants. Imagine how dirty the menus are. And the doors you’ve touched. And yes I am the odd one in the bathroom trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands. Or how to toss the paper in the trash after door opens.

Thank you for this beautiful post, I read it in an Italian accent and everything. :)

Please accept this song as my/our gift:

I wonder how high density living, like China, Italy and Iran, factors into the spread of the virus. Maybe it will be different for countries where people do not live on top of each other like Europe and so many other parts of the world.

Agree, cubicle living etc

Additionally we too have closequarters office buildings, apartments, barracks, towers, hotels, etc the possibilities are endless and will soon reveal themselves unfortunately moo - plus it doesn’t seem to take much as far as contagiousness moo

Dr. Nancy talked about “ventilation” , close quarters paraphrasing need quote iirc in CDC audio moo

Last edited:
Out of 9,000 cases, most shouldn't even require hospitalization, or so we have been told. How such a relatively small number of cases caused such an enormous surge that they can't even treat sick patients? Especially considering numbers from the flu should be so much larger because infection is so much more widespread.

Exactly.

I live in the city Trieste. Population around 200k. You’ll be surprise that it’s a high tourist city. Maybe most have never heard of it that was me before I moved here. This city is so beautiful many people travel here. We usually have bus loads of people. Trains full coming in. I just had a memory on fb from last year I had a pic of my daughter with a cruise ship behind her. They say 5 years ago this city started becoming more of a tourist area. Good for businesses. Piazza Unità is one of the largest piazza on the coast. I’ve traveled to many places since moving here 2 years ago. But I always have a sigh of relief when I get back here because it really is one of my favorite places. The history here is very interesting. If you google map you’ll be is that really even in italy

I’m sure I must have saved this article from someone’s post, but just got around to reading it tonight. I really needed it and found it contained some motivating reasons to reduce anxiety and helpful ideas for doing it.

The reasons:

The anxious are no less likely to suffer the consequences of an outbreak. In fact, if we let ourselves get run ragged by our anxiety, we will be less able to manage what is yet to come. Anxiety wears us out physically and mentally. It taxes our immune system by disrupting our sleep and eating patterns. We fixate on what is worrying us, which impedes our ability to pay attention to other matters. And feeling anxious exacerbates symptoms, which can lead to overreaction.

Anxiety reducing ideas at the link:
Opinion | Curb your anxiety: What I'm telling patients about coping with coronavirus fears

I live in the city Trieste. Population around 200k. You’ll be surprise that it’s a high tourist city. Maybe most have never heard of it that was me before I moved here. This city is so beautiful many people travel here. We usually have bus loads of people. Trains full coming in. I just had a memory on fb from last year I had a pic of my daughter with a cruise ship behind her. They say 5 years ago this city started becoming more of a tourist area. Good for businesses. Piazza Unità is one of the largest piazza on the coast. I’ve traveled to many places since moving here 2 years ago. But I always have a sigh of relief when I get back here because it really is one of my favorite places. The history here is very interesting. If you google map you’ll be is that really even in italy

I did a quick google tour. It’s beautiful! I will read more. How did you happen to move there, if you don’t mind sharing?

I did a quick google tour. It’s beautiful! I will read more. How did you happen to move there, if you don’t mind sharing?

My husband had a job opportunity. And we jumped at the chance to see Europe. We go home this summer. Will be sad but we have seen so much. Besides Italy I’ve been to countries that I thought I’ll never see. It’s been an adventure. Now we are ending it on this virus. Lots to do to get back home but planning is on hold.

RSABBM
"trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands."
"Coronaerobics!"

St Patrick's Day events cancelled and sick pay increased: Today's Covid-19 main points

Here are the main points:

• Three new cases were confirmed in Ireland, bringing the total to 24
  • All three were associated with close contact with a confirmed case
  • In Northern Ireland, there are 12 confirmed cases
  • Italy is in lockdown today in an effort to slow the spread of the virus – Tánaiste Simon Coveney announced this morning that the official government advice was against travel to anywhere in Italy “in light of internal developments in Italy”
  • St Patrick’s Day events have been cancelled, the Taoiseach won’t travel to New York City to meet Donald Trump
  • Illness benefit has been increased to €305 per week, and other barriers to the benefit were lifted to help workers who have to self-isolate
  • Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said yesterday that we could “easily” see half the Irish population contract the virus, but that for most people it would be a mild illness
  • This is “not the kind of thing we’ve seen in a very long time”, Varadkar said
  • An Irishman who contracted Covid-19 explained that he had no symptoms, other than a fever, after a short trip abroad on RTÉ’s Claire Byrne Show last night.

In the world of corona virus, kissing double cheeks should be a no no. No doubt that's allowing it to spread further, because it's in the saliva.

Marking spot. Goodnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member