Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bummed, but I'm going to cancel my attendance to the Food Show this Wednesday.
Yes, people fly in from all over the world, and companies and chefs from Italy are certainly showcased.
My biggest reason is my beloved husband.
I nearly lost him nearly 1 year ago today. My strong, stud of a man was rushed into a 7 hour surprise immediate open heart surgery last March.
Doctors told me, that he was at death's door.
This would flabbergast anyone, who looked at him, a very active strong 70 year old.
But, it was hereditary.
So. Although I'm not really afraid for me, I would never forgive myself for bringing this virus to our home and to him.
So, no food *advertiser censored* for me.
Hopefully this food show will go on, with no ill effects to anyone. I just, cannot attend.

The US is so big I think we’d have to do that state by state.

Yes. If there are any states that do not yet have cases, they should go into lock down. However, given the problems with the tests, it's more likely that there are cases everywhere.

Canada still has a chance to lockdown some provinces to ensure that there are no cases. Most provinces have no local transmission. South Africa might also have a chance.

JMO

Problems in St. Louis, MO with father of a COVID 19 patient refusing to self-quarantine. Went to a school party with daughter at the Ritz Carlton, etc. Older daughter caught virus in Italy, returned to Chicago, spread it around, then took Amtrak back home.

Family of Missouri's first coronavirus patient broke self quarantine, St. Louis County officials say

I really loathe this selfish, arrogant, ignorant jerk. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Or survive a plague.

I'm bummed, but I'm going to cancel my attendance to the Food Show this Wednesday.
Yes, people fly in from all over the world, and companies and chefs from Italy are certainly showcased.
I nearly lost him nearly 1 year ago today. My strong, stud of a man was rushed into a 7 hour surprise immediate open heart surgery last March.
This would flabbergast anyone, who looked at him, a very active strong 70 year old.
But, it was hereditary.
So. Although I'm not really afraid for me, I would never forgive myself for bringing this virus to our home and to him.
Hopefully this food show will go on, with no ill effects to anyone. I just, cannot attend.

The US is so big I think we’d have to do that state by state.

This is where my brain is at, hence the “Wuhan”, “Guangdong” posts above.

Hot spots, clusters, etc.

Speaking of:

What all known clusters do we have? South Korea had five for example...

Infinite...

@doctortedros, hope we can talk about US clusters specifically at some point, perhaps via reporter’s question (if not already, good time to finish WHO PC. Waves.)

But, it was hereditary.

Absolutely. So glad to hear he survived!

But, it was hereditary.

My son is a chef, currently working in Melbourne. I've been warning him that if this thing takes hold, everything will close, including restaurants, shops, sporting events, festivals and transportation. Australian Quantas has already reduced flights by 1/4.

Everything stops when there are so many cases that overwhelmed hospitals require lockdown to control the spread. It's perhaps too unbelievable for most people, like Italians, to take it seriously. Now the country is draconian like China. I think I heard that China excused all taxes during the epidemic - very likely a move to preserve business that cannot pay taxes when there is no income.

I think it's the right decision.

I really loathe this selfish, arrogant, ignorant jerk. This is why we can’t have nice things.

Or survive a plague.

That's how I felt about the 30 year old Iranian woman who flew business class from Iran to Qutar, Denmark and Canada, took a shuttle bus from the airport to home, and then reported sick. It sure looked like a careless contamination of people around the world for selfish reasons - that she travelled knowing that she got sick in a country with an overwhelmed health system.

Speaking of WHO and the Twilight Zone, Wizard of Oz, Pink Floyd etc.:

We have officially entered Alice in Wonderland-Land, “mooooo”:
@cody22 mooooooooo r u :D

Absolute must watch video everyone

Or survive a plague.

Yeah sister.

Last edited:
I have a 9 year old grandson who has no one in this world but me,, It scares me too, but all we can do is be cautious and pray. I have to live another 8 years in order to die without the fear of who will take care of him. Its all up to God, Ia suppose.
Remember where your strength lies...You are not truly alone. We will listen anytime and we care......Catch a hug and a smile......O:).......moo

Look at the new column that has been added on the far right. This shows us the number of cases per one million population. China is low compared to many new climbing numbers.

All of Europe is being hit right now. Australia used to be much higher on the list, as did Canada. USA has really moved up the chart.

upload_2020-3-10_0-47-23.png

Last edited:
Hi. Every day is something new here. My plan to leave the country if things got worse is not plan b anymore. Italy is in a lockdown. No one in or out. Good news we can still go out and buy food. But it is recommended to not hang out at social gatherings. I hope to see people follow this. amazingly people follow the 1 meter rule in lines.

Yesterday I went to the post office it was Not busy. No waiting in line. Also went to the Eye office to order contacts. Only 1 person working. Usually 5. My husband still has work but they split his day so less people in the office. Most get to work from home.

Kids are still doing on lines classes. It is a pretty good setup.
Last week I was thinking of taking walks with friends but with new restrictions they really just want us to stay home so I’ll follow the rules.

Italians are very clean people. Yes they kiss double cheeks but that’s been around for so long. I am always amazed how well Italians clean their businesses. They also will stop everything to clean something. This was before the virus outbreak. On my social media I’ve seen remarks about Italians not keeping clean and they are wrong. That’s not the reasoning. In the whole world people wash hands after using the toilet. I hope. But if one is out and touch something and eat chances are one did not wash hands again. . If you sit for a afternoon drink they bring you peanuts and a small bowl of chips if the group is sharing maybe that’s how it could spread. My husband always thought I was crazy but for many years I’ve always washed my hands before I eat not just at home but restaurants. Imagine how dirty the menus are. And the doors you’ve touched. And yes I am the odd one in the bathroom trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands. Or how to toss the paper in the trash after door opens.

I wonder how high density living, like China, Italy and Iran, factors into the spread of the virus. Maybe it will be different for countries where people do not live on top of each other like Europe and so many other parts of the world.

Hi. Every day is something new here. My plan to leave the country if things got worse is not plan b anymore. Italy is in a lockdown. No one in or out. Good news we can still go out and buy food. But it is recommended to not hang out at social gatherings. I hope to see people follow this. amazingly people follow the 1 meter rule in lines.

Yesterday I went to the post office it was Not busy. No waiting in line. Also went to the Eye office to order contacts. Only 1 person working. Usually 5. My husband still has work but they split his day so less people in the office. Most get to work from home.

Kids are still doing online classes. It is a pretty good setup.
Last week I was thinking of taking walks with friends but with new restrictions they really just want us to stay home so I’ll follow the rules.

Italians are very clean people. Yes they kiss double cheeks but that’s been around for so long. I am always amazed how well Italians clean their businesses. They also will stop everything to clean something. This was before the virus outbreak. On my social media I’ve seen remarks about Italians not keeping clean and they are wrong. That’s not the reasoning. In the whole world people wash hands after using the toilet. I hope. But if one is out and touch something and eat chances are one did not wash hands again. . If you sit for a afternoon drink they bring you peanuts and a small bowl of chips if the group is sharing maybe that’s how it could spread. My husband always thought I was crazy but for many years I’ve always washed my hands before I eat not just at home but restaurants. Imagine how dirty the menus are. And the doors you’ve touched. And yes I am the odd one in the bathroom trying to figure out how to reopen door with no hands. Or how to toss the paper in the trash after door opens.

Leaving the country is no longer an option. Leaving the planet for about 18 months might help.

It's absurd to suggest that Italians are unclean. That was the claim about China - an excuse to believe that only dirty people with dirty eating habits get sick.

Toss the paper towel after you leave - there's always a trash can outside the office kitchen and public washroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773