Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank y0u both!

This seems to be the relevant section, at the very end:

A serological test is advantageous because it can detect antibodies even if a patient has recovered, whereas a PCR test can detect the virus only if the person is currently sick. However, both tests might miss cases if samples are taken too early, when the viral load is too low or if the person's body hasn't produced antibodies against the virus yet, Adalja said.

For the serologic test, it can take about a week before the body produces ample antibodies, although "as we get more serologic tests, there will be guidance on what timeframes are needed to do a serologic test on [COVID-19]," Adalja said.
BBM

So it seems that we just don’t know yet. What prompted my question was when a reporter asked VP Pence if the President had been tested (because of his contact with Collins and Gaetz wh0 were exposed). It seemed to me to be a little soon to test him, and later this evening the answer was “No.”

This testing method will be very advantageous when trying to figure out some of the transmission routes that have taken place. Hopefully, it will also provide some additional insight in regards to whether or not children are actually being infected and simply remaining asymptomatic. I don’t know how big of a role it will play in mitigation, but I believe it will provide a better understanding of exactly how this virus works in regards to transmission rates and in calculating the total percentage of the population that is actually being infected. Information that will be needed to better forecast what to expect if COVID-19 does make a second “wave” around the globe.

IMO, still WAY TOO MANY ASSUMPTIONS, still too many unknowns!

Similar trajectories....
-------------------------

Coronavirus COVID-19 reported cases (actual and per capita) across selected countries. Pls notice the definition on x-axis and the scale on y-axis. drop of last day number can be due to diff time zones. Trends are driven by testing & reporting practices. Appreciate feedback. Behrooz Hassani-M on Twitter
Behrooz Hassani-M on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_061253.png
    IMG_20200310_061253.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20200310_061248.png
    IMG_20200310_061248.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Last edited:
Can anyone translate?
This is apocalyptic and downright scary!
I guess it needs to be done to keep people safe!
In Italy.
*Valerio Esposito on Twitter
This mentions what police were doing overnight.
Italians pack into supermarkets while police roam the streets | Daily Mail Online

Here is another one.
*MrRevinsky on Twitter
Horrifying is that Italy decided to treat young people without pre-existing conditions as a priority, and older ones and those with pre-existing conditions aren't even going to get care? I guess they are throwing grandma from the train?

The results are staggering
---------------------------

@MaxCRoser I built a simulation to show how COVID-19 could develop over the next few weeks: COVID-19 Simulator - Causal
It’s based on 4 simple assumptions. I wasn’t trying to build a very accurate model but to show the exponential growth dynamics in an interactive simulation.
lukas on Twitter

BREAKING: Mongolia puts capital city on lockdown after first case of coronavirus
BNO Newsroom on Twitter
What does lockdown means in that situation? No one allowed in or out of the city? Of the house? How are they going to get their food?
And nothing like this would work in the US, we can't even keep people who are asked to self-quarantine from going to father daughter dances and parties.

What does lockdown means in that situation? No one allowed in or out of the city? Of the house? How are they going to get their food?
And nothing like this would work in the US, we can't even keep people who are asked to self-quarantine from going to father daughter dances and parties.
I believe lockdown of a city or region is inevitable in the US. The definitions I've seen could include:
All businesses closed other than grocery
All roads closed in and out
All public transit closed
No one enters or leaves without specific approval

The results are staggering
---------------------------

@MaxCRoser I built a simulation to show how COVID-19 could develop over the next few weeks: COVID-19 Simulator - Causal
It’s based on 4 simple assumptions. I wasn’t trying to build a very accurate model but to show the exponential growth dynamics in an interactive simulation.
lukas on Twitter
Wow. My guess was 500,000, by May.
Holy cow!
Moo

I believe lockdown of a city or region is inevitable in the US. The definitions I've seen could include:
All businesses closed other than grocery
All roads closed in and out
All public transit closed
No one enters or leaves without specific approval
Sadly I agree with you.
It very well could happen.
I didn't really trust my gut until Dobbjns AFB got involved.
Then I saw fences going up around the barracks and thought what the???
This is real!
IMO

Student-led petition calls for closure of Georgia State University campus on coronavirus fears https://t.co/0Yd3ekNhvT… via @11AliveNews #MorningRushATL

"Close the campuses and offer online classes for all classes until further notice to ensure the safety of all GSU members," the petition says, in part.
The petition has nearly 10k signatures since launching Monday. #MorningRushATL

Liza Lucas 11Alive on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads