Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Emergency #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is winter and no open windows in the car you would assume considering the storms we have had in London so they may not of had sexual intercourse but still close enough to catch it if they sneezed or coughed.

IMO

MOO

I totally agree. This is obviously very highly infectious.

Also, there may be surface contamination on their clothes, hands, etc. How many other people rode in that car that car after that passenger? I’d be freaking out if I was that driver, moo.

it is winter and no open windows in the car you would assume considering the storms we have had in London so they may not of had sexual intercourse but still close enough to catch it if they sneezed or coughed.

IMO

MOO

And note they are in contact with Uber to talk to the man but not talking to him themselves. This just seems stupid to me. Just pass on a message through someone in the company. If sitting in a car for 15 min with the air circulating through in the car isn't risky what is?? It's a lot more of a tight and contained space than a shopping mall or even the doctor's office.

IMO

MOO
Absolutely! (IMO:)). I don’t have the link any more, but there were articles from upthread stating that the “danger zone” is within 6 feet and for 15 minutes.

And I believe that was even BEFORE the studies saying the virus was truly airborne- and another article saying it could hang around and float in the air. (Sorry no links).

I've been reading all the posts in this thread, and I am not usually prone to panic, but this image sure does make me want to hide under the bed! Are people just dropping dead in the streets in Wuhan?! (The caption reads: Health workers in protective suits stand by the body of a man wearing a face mask who died in Wuhan. China has decreed that virus victims be quickly cremated.)

Thank you all who are trying to make sense of this terrible thing.

From your link:

That's awful :(

But the photo alone doesn't tell us what the man died of. He could have had a heart attack out there virtually alone in the street and there was no one to help him.

It’s ridiculous how they try and down play it. It’s a Car not a spaceship so they would of been pretty close for 15 mins.

Totally.

BBM:
Body bags: it would be a concern if there was a new demand for x number of body bags or if the Chinese government ordered textile factories to begin manufacturing body bags.

(Saw some youtube footage of three deceased children being transported in one body bag.)

ETA there is the r0 graph somewhere on WHO site?

Ugggggghhhh

Negative Results For All Tested In Colorado For Coronavirus
February 12, 2020

“Fort Carson in Colorado has been selected to house people who may need to be quarantined due to the coronavirus. The Defense Department stated up to 1,000 people returning from overseas may need to be quarantined until Feb. 29.”

CORONAVIRUS-THREAT.transfer_frame_2210.jpeg

(credit: CBS)

—-

Colorado couple quarantined after coronavirus return home

“They were released from a 14-day quarantine on February 11.

“We’re grateful that we did do the full quarantine in a way because at first, I was kind of nervous to go back to my family. Like, what if I did get them sick?” So now that we’ve had 14 days, I mean, there’s literally no chance we could have it. I think the real like incubation period is actually less than 14 days. That’s the government being extra careful. So now we’re, you know, we’re probably the safest people to be around cause we’ve been medically checked for 14 days,” said Loveland resident TT.”
(Snipped by me)

—-

Third test for coronavirus in Colorado comes back negative
Jan 28, 2020

“The state is keeping a webpage updated with details on the virus in Colorado.”

—-

Checkup Denver: Coronavirus, two flu deaths and more Colorado health news
February 11, 2020

The U.S Department of Defense has selected a Colorado Army National Guard training institute near Fort Carson as one of four locations to house people who may need to be quarantinedafter arriving from China, where the new coronavirus virus is spreading.

Meg Wingerter reports that while local officials were told to have space to accommodate 1,000 individuals, it’s unclear if the site will be used as a quarantine housing or how many people might be kept there or when they could arrive. Other potential quarantine locations were selected in Texas and California.”

—-

Panic over coronavirus could be caused by flu numbers
Feb 07, 2020

“Dr. Michael Distefano, the Chief Medical Officer at Children's Hospital, says part of the reason why there is panic over this illness is because we are right in the middle of flu season.

"Our most concern at this point is the influenza virus. It's been a bad year," Distefano said. "We've had almost a million influenza illnesses this year in the United States and almost 8,000 deaths."”

—-

Plans to keep coronavirus away from Southern Colorado
Prevention measures
Feb 04, 2020

“There are currently no cases in the Pikes Peak Region. The greater concern locally, remains the flu. It is in the area and spreading.”

—-

Fort Carson: No coronavirus evacuee arrivals yet
Feb 04, 2020

—-

Should we be concerned about the Coronavirus in Colorado?
February 2, 2020

“There have been no reported cases in Colorado and the CDC is imposing quarantines to limit its spread in the U.S.

But, it’s important to stay informed and up to date about the current status of the outbreak as the situation could change rapidly.”

Last edited:
Some friends of mine insist that the Chinese government created the virus and is infecting people by giving them vaccinations that are actually the virus - in order to initiate population control via the orders of the Illuminati. And to think these friends have Master's degrees.

Absolutely! (IMO:)). I don’t have the link any more, but there were articles from upthread stating that the “danger zone” is within 6 feet and for 15 minutes.

And I believe that was even BEFORE the studies saying the virus was truly airborne- and another article saying it could hang around and float in the air. (Sorry no links).
Hunt for anyone who's been within SIX FEET of UK coronavirus patients for 15mins
Feb 6 2020
''RACE IS ON
Coronavirus – Hunt for anyone who has been in SIX FEET of UK patients for 15 mins as NHS issue advice to stop spread''

Some friends of mine insist that the Chinese government created the virus and is infecting people by giving them vaccinations that are actually the virus - in order to initiate population control via the orders of the Illuminati. And to think these friends have Master's degrees.

Hey
Maybe you have to be "woke".

Excellent summary and questions.

JMO
I know they try to determine an "average" R0 factor, but I especially like this description you gave about R0 which rings true to me because the spreading can be greater in places that have large concentrations of people in small places.....

"The R0 is really a variable - it will be different based on a multitude of factors. Density of population, quarantine procedures, access to healthcare and early diagnosis, etc"

One thing I have been wondering about that may explain a missing variable is if its possible that this Virus affects a certain gene pool more than others or not?

Would there be something unique about a certain group of people that would be more susceptible to the Virus. I am not sure they know enough about it to determine if all humans can catch it equally or are certain groups of genetics more prone to it.

Very good points. From what we’ve seen so far, it appears that it can spread to anyone, but I agree that the R0 factor may be tied into specific genetics. I also think that the fact that it has had lesser impact to children may hold other clues as well. I just really hope that they approach this virus with open minds and some out of box thinking.

Wow. So she was spreading it around for WEEKS and only tested because she was in critical condition. So how many have mild flu and cold symptoms who never get tested? I have a feeling this is way way more widespread than recognized. Japanese taxi driver who can recall only driving one person who appeared to be Chinese?

Yep...the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. It is clearly already circulating in Japan...and here, in the US? I don't think anybody can say so with any certainty...man I wish my son had NOT gone on his little wrestling trip to Socal. Now both my sons are there...and I am a day's drive away from both. Panic meter going up...

The Washington Post has an online article stating the 80% of coronavirus cases are mild. However, the doctor in Wuhan died. This also doesn't seem to fit with the numbers being reported.

A sample size of one (the doctor) is not enough to draw conclusions from.

I think it's better to look at the cases outside China, and be aware that even outside China the sample sizes are relatively small at the moment, but there are enough now that they'll give a better idea than one single case. This is even more the case when we don't have the full case notes for any particular patient.

There's never any guarantees, and there are always outliers. So even if the statistics say that 99 of every cases are in over 75s, and of those 90% have other conditions, you still might get a 35 yr old die of it.

The same thing happens with heart attacks. Older people are definitely more prone to them, but a twenty year old can still die of a heart attack, even though there's far less likelihood of that happening in their age group.

Yep...the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about. It is clearly already circulating in Japan...and here, in the US? I don't think anybody can say so with any certainty...man I wish my son had NOT gone on his little wrestling trip to Socal. Now both my sons are there...and I am a day's drive away from both. Panic meter going up...

Please try not to panic. I'll bet your son is having a wonderful time on his wrestling trip.

Someone was asking about the R0 for this virus, and down the rabbit hole I went. Scroll and roll or perhaps read the first two? Was interesting to find that the 1918 pandemic was calculated to have been R0 of 1.4-2.8 NOTE: WHO says to soon to determine... reactions they are taking will decrease the number..for a while at least until other measures replace

Here's a basic intro piece I found on such, and then another basic piece that specifically talks about COVID-19

What Is R0? Gauging Contagious Infections

The Deceptively Simple Number Sparking Coronavirus Fears

Here's a level above it, which is really interesting that was created by the WHO for the flu to explain how R0 can be 1.6, yet in airplanes and homes and in hospitals can soar to 40 and higher. And how it can be decreased (which is what actions they are taking now)

https://www.who.int/influenza/resou...agenda_influenza_stream_2_limiting_spread.pdf

Here is the most recent report specifically on R0 for COVID-19 I found that is over my head with math, and puts the COVID-19 R0 about 3.31 (saying others have it at 2.1-3.1) NOTE: from 2 days ago, not yet in a journal

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.03821.pdf

And another from 2 days ago which says the R0 is between 4.7 and 6.6

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2002/2002.03268.pdf

And then another that had interesting bits and pieces (reading the abstract and conclusion, as the middle is greek to me)

https://arxiv.org/pdf/2002.04004.pdf BeyondR0: the importance of contact tracing when predicting epidemics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79