Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so sad for them.

Britons David Abel and his wife Sally who are on the Diamond Princess cruise ship have said on Facebook they have tested positive for COVID-19 Coronavirus

Oh dear. It appears from this article that they are sending asymptomatic or mild positive people to be quarantined in a hostel VS Hospital to save hospital rooms as Amonet pointed out? I hope they sort out the confusion.

British couple quarantined on cruise ship diagnosed with coronavirus

British couple quarantined on cruise ship diagnosed with coronavirus

Three suspected cases of CoViD-19 in Stockholm, Sweden, they had visited Asia. Of 170 tested persons in Sweden, there's only been one confirmed case of CoViD-19 here. Tre misstänkta coronafall i Stockholm

I wish they would say where in Asia they have been, I am still baffled over my friends return from Thailand last week and not one word of tests or even knowledge of the corona virus from her, we are old classmates from 50 years ago, not close but if I see her I will ask.

What I've read is that vehicles are banned from the streets except for official supply vehicles transporting goods to pharmacies/hospitals/supermarkets. And each person from a household is allowed out, wearing a mask, about every two or three days to go buy what they need.

I think in some ways, living in an authoritarian country helps them achieve these massive quarantines/lockdowns. People in the West are more likely to get frustrated and say "I'm not taking this!" And business owners are more likely to say, "I can't do this or I'll lose my business" and these are all voters whose views need to be considered while also having effective public health measures to limit the spread of the virus. It's not easy for decision-makers in non-authoritarian countries to balance out all these demands and risks.
Very true. However, things in the US could change rapidly if a state of emergency is declared...

Just saying.

What I've read is that vehicles are banned from the streets except for official supply vehicles transporting goods to pharmacies/hospitals/supermarkets. And each person from a household is allowed out, wearing a mask, about every two or three days to go buy what they need.

I think in some ways, living in an authoritarian country helps them achieve these massive quarantines/lockdowns. People in the West are more likely to get frustrated and say "I'm not taking this!" And business owners are more likely to say, "I can't do this or I'll lose my business" and these are all voters whose views need to be considered while also having effective public health measures to limit the spread of the virus. It's not easy for decision-makers in non-authoritarian countries to balance out all these demands and risks.
Since private vehicles are currently banned, I wonder how far some of these people are having to walk? And if a household has very many family members, is one person going to be able to carry everything that is needed for 3 days at a time? Some perhaps, but would have to be extremely difficult for the elderly or anyone with mobility issues.

But it seems like those are elderly?

They keep saying that's the fact statistically. But so far every last article I've read dealing with actual people by name has people a lot younger and in way better health than I'd expect. The first article I ever read weeks ago was a man in his 20's and his description was not remotely mild. (It was so odd to me that his sister who was literally locked in the hospital with him for weeks never contracted it)The whistle blower who died? Not elderly or in poor health. The recent article about a family with the daughter in Italy? Yes, grandpa died. But her dad was only early 50's and in better shape than 98% of people in the US here in their 50's. And he is pretty darn ill.

They keep saying "preexisting conditions" but dang like half the US is obese forget any other preexisting conditions. I just find a 20% rate of being severely ill very frightening. I know that 20% of the people I know who get the flu aren't ever close enough to pneumonia let alone needing to be hospitalized. Death rate is probably in most people I knows favor. But it's that 20% that worries me.

The Daily Mail already has the report up that David and Sally Abel, on the Diamond Princess, have tested positive. It also says that confirmed infections aboard the ship are now above 500!

British tourists David and Sally Abel test positive for coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

So sad, I've been following their story since the beginning.

I've been out of state since last week and was still following their story. So sad, at least they will be together. I can't imagine being ripped apart from family in an unfamiliar country all alone with no internet, phone or communication with those back home. Why are they subjecting these people to these conditions??

Also, I flew this week and saw NO ONE wearing a mask in Atlantic City, Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Myers airports, or on the plane, but I heard a lot of coughing! ugh.

So sad, I've been following their story since the beginning.

I've been out of state since last week and was still following their story. So sad, at least they will be together. I can't imagine being ripped apart from family in an unfamiliar country all alone with no internet, phone or communication with those back home. Why are they subjecting these people to these conditions??

Also, I flew this week and saw NO ONE wearing a mask in Atlantic City, Fort Lauderdale, and Fort Myers airports, or on the plane, but I heard a lot of coughing! ugh.

They have all those things that you claim they don’t. Definitely have WiFi hence the YouTube videos, they have spoken to their son back home so they have telephones to call home and they rescued our to Richard Branson and they have been speaking to the media so they are hardly cut off from anything. No doubt it sucks but then life isn’t a fairy tale all the time.

They are also claiming it’s a conspiracy to keep them quiet now as well and they are not really sick. How exactly that works I have no idea.

IMO

The noted Wuhan victims of the coronavirus

The hospital director: Liu Zhiming
Dr Liu, 51, was the director of Wuhan Wuchang Hospital - one of the first hospitals to be a designated virus centre. His death was initially reported by Chinese media late on Monday, but media outlets later did a U-turn and said doctors were trying to save him. The next morning his death was confirmed. He was the first hospital director to die from the virus, and it is not known if he had suffered from any underlying conditions to increase his risk.

The whistle-blowing doctor: Li Wenliang
In December, he had been told by police officers not to spread "fake rumours" after alerting his friends to a new emerging virus. His death, much like Dr Liu's, was confusingly reportedly. On 6 February, media outlets reported that he was dead, then later retracted it, saying that doctors were working to save him. They confirmed his death a day later.

The film director: Chang Kai
Chang Kai, a director at Hubei Film Studios, died from the virus along with his father, mother and sister. A note, reportedly written by him and passed around by a friend, revealed the ordeal the 55-year-old had to go through before his death. According to the note, which was published in full by news site Caixin, his father had come down with a fever, cough and had difficulty breathing. "He was taken to many hospitals for treatment, but [was] told no beds [were] available," said the note. "[We were] extremely disappointed... [and] went home." A few days later his father died, followed afterwards by his mother, who was "physically and mentally exhausted". Chang Kai and his wife were later admitted to hospital, but his condition had deteriorated too much. He died on 14 February, with his wife still battling the illness. He leaves behind a son, who is reportedly studying in the UK.

The painter: Liu Shouxiang
Prof Liu Shouxiang was a renowned artist in Hubei, known for his watercolour paintings. He died on 13 February aged 62.

The scientist: Duan Zhengcheng
The 86-year-old was a former academician at the Chinese Academy of Engineering and a chief scientist at the National Engineering Research Centre for Digital Manufacturing. He went on to develop the world's first whole body gamma knife in 1996 - a type of radiation therapy used to treat tumours. This earned him a national award in 2005.

The bodybuilder: Qiu Jun
Qiu Jun from Wuhan was thrust into the spotlight last year when pictures showing the 72-year-old bodybuilding started to go viral.
He started showing symptoms on 23 January and was eventually admitted to hospital after testing positive. But he died days later on 6 February. His son reportedly sent this message to friends and family, informing them of his father's death: "The father who never got sick could not escape the disaster."

They have all those things that you claim they don’t. Definitely have WiFi hence the YouTube videos, they have spoken to their son back home so they have telephones to call home and they rescued our to Richard Branson and they have been speaking to the media so they are hardly cut off from anything. No doubt it sucks but then life isn’t a fairy tale all the time.

They are also claiming it’s a conspiracy to keep them quiet now as well and they are not really sick. How exactly that works I have no idea.

IMO

I read that they will be relocated to a hostel in Japan with no phones, medical facilities and no internet.

Yes just found it:

The couple have kept the world up to date with their plight aboard the cruise liner which has been docked in Yokohama, near Tokyo for nearly a month. Revealing the diagnosis they had been given, he said: ‘There is going to be a time of quiet. We have been proved positive and leaving for hospital soon. Blessings all *advertiser censored*’

However, when it emerged they were not going to hospital he updated his followers saying: ‘Frankly i think this is a setup! We are NOT being taken to a hospital but a hostel. That’s where partners are sent waiting out there quarantine. No phone, no wi-fi and no medical facilities. I really am smelling a very big rat here! Waiting for the transfer now. xx’

Raising fears that he may be part of a conspiracy to silence his updates, he replied to a follower asking if he was sure of the diagnosis, he said: ‘I doubt it was positive. If it was, we would be in hospital’. He also said ‘maybe’ when asked if someone was trying to keep him quiet. David also told followers that he had not shown any symptoms of the disease and he was unsure if they would be kept at the hostel together.

British couple David and Sally Abel test positive for coronavirus on cruise ship | Metro News

bbm

I read that they will be relocated to a hostel in Japan with no phones, medical facilities and no internet.

Yes just found it:

The couple have kept the world up to date with their plight aboard the cruise liner which has been docked in Yokohama, near Tokyo for nearly a month. Revealing the diagnosis they had been given, he said: ‘There is going to be a time of quiet. We have been proved positive and leaving for hospital soon. Blessings all *advertiser censored*’

However, when it emerged they were not going to hospital he updated his followers saying: ‘Frankly i think this is a setup! We are NOT being taken to a hospital but a hostel. That’s where partners are sent waiting out there quarantine. No phone, no wi-fi and no medical facilities. I really am smelling a very big rat here! Waiting for the transfer now. xx’

British couple David and Sally Abel test positive for coronavirus on cruise ship | Metro News

bbm

Sorry I thought you meant on the ship :)

Well if they go dark then I will believe they have been cut off but they are still managing to speak out at the moment. Also them not being ill is laughable as if the Chinese have enough time to fake their results when they are dealing with 10000’s of test results. It’s ridiculous to even suggest something so outlandish. IMO

Last edited:
Over 700 people in Washington under public health supervision due to coronavirus

712 people are under supervision for the illness in Washington State. These people are at risk of having been exposed to the virus and their health is being monitored by public health officials. The number also includes people who have been close to others that have confirmed laboratory cases of coronavirus, as well as people who have returned from China in the past 14 days.

The department of health says one person has tested positive for the virus and 24 have been tested but did not have the illness.

I just got a email alert about cheap flights to Japan in the next few months. It’s safe to say I would rather chew on Barbed wire than even contemplate going there at the moment which is a shame as for the last 12 months I have been looking into visiting hence email alerts on prices for flights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025