Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.

There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.

New Chinese virus 'will have infected hundreds'

Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.

Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.

But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.

Experts say the fact three Chinese tourists have tested positive for the virus outside Wuhan indicates the disease toll may be higher than reported.

Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes yes yes. I’m all about the “herbs”. I’ve been wanting to devote a whole post to this.

A very quick note re immunity IMO includes vitamin D, probiotics, vitamin C (of course), mushroom (pills)...grape seed extract, ETC ETC.

Don’t want to power post but can definitely hang on that conversation. All about it.

I swear by "Airborne" and Elderberry syrup. You can easily make your own Elderberry gummies with dried berries, in an Instant Pot.

The best way to stay healthy, is of course, to stay away from sick people. That being said, the normal precautions about hand washing and hand sanitizer are absolutely true. Get plenty of sleep, eat chicken soup. :p

I’ve read the diapers can be used for disposable cloths for washing drying and bandages. Honestly I have a bunch in the barn to use for hoof wraps for abscesses. I bought some in bulk. Baby wipes we use to wipe dog feet when they come inside. Also have a large stock of dog pee pads that probably could be useful. I’ve used them to line the brooders to make cleaning easy. Baling twine, duct tape and fishing line around too.
Hot and cold packs as well...
I microwave them for terrible sinus headaches and have some frozen in baggies for sprains and strains.
MOO
MOO

Last edited:
Chinese President Xi Jinping has warned the novel coronavirus is the worst public health crisis facing the country since its founding, as new outbreaks continued to expand in South Korea and Italy, raising fears of a global pandemic.

Speaking Sunday, Xi said the "current epidemic situation is still severe and complex, and the prevention and control work is at the most critical stage." The crisis is "the most difficult to prevent and control in China" since the founding of the People's Republic in 1949, Xi said. He added the outbreak was likely to have a "great impact" on the country's economy, but that epidemic prevention and control methods were beginning to have an effect.

Novel coronavirus cases top 79,000 amid worsening outbreaks in South Korea and Italy - CNN

China's recent air pollution levels may be telling a story about the coronavirus impact on its economy

Air pollution levels, coal consumption
Analysts are using pollution levels as a gauge of industrial activity. Major cities in China are well known for being choked by smog, due to the extensive burning of coal by factories.

So far this year, pollution levels have been between 20% and 25% lower compared to the same period last year

China's recent air pollution levels may be telling a story about the coronavirus impact on its economy

Air pollution levels, coal consumption

Analysts are using pollution levels as a gauge of industrial activity. Major cities in China are well known for being choked by smog, due to the extensive burning of coal by factories.

So far this year, pollution levels have been between 20% and 25% lower compared to the same period last year

Yeah we’re way ahead of that article, 3D real time pollution maps etc :D

Crazy? thought about how coronavirus might travel to Iran from China or anywhere- without direct person to person contact...
Could the virus droplets be rising into the atmosphere, "riding" in the smog, moving along and released?
Obviously complete speculation, imo.

Neat real-time pollution map..
AirVisual Earth - 3D Real-time Air pollution map

Watch air pollution flow across the planet in real time | Science | AAAS
''China’s air is notoriously toxic: Each year, it contributes to the premature deaths of some 1.6 million people. Concerned about how such pollution was affecting his family, Beijing-based data scientist Yann Boquillod founded AirVisual Earth, an online air pollution map that uses data from satellites and more than 8000 monitoring stations to display global air pollution in real time. The AirVisual Earth interactive maps prevailing wind patterns and shows color-coded concentrations of PM2.5—airborne particulate matter less than 2.5 microns in diameter that can penetrate deep into the lungs. Users can zoom in, tilt, and spin the globe for better viewing''
rbbm

Last edited:
Don’t know if this question would be too off topic but has anyone started taking immunity boosters?
Bought some at gummy kind at Target, they are made by Olly and have elderberry, echinacea, zinc, Vit C. They aren’t terrible tasting but not great either. Ive managed to get my husband to take them too, since he travels almost every week. I figure if something is coming now would be the time to build up the immune system. Maybe it just eases my mind more than anything.
Anybody else?
I've been taking them since December. Being an RN I'm exposed to quite a bit. I've had my flu shot but wanted a little extra protection for all the other creepy crawly's out there! :confused: I take Elderberry gummies, Airborne effervescent tablets and zinc lozenges. I take these along with my routine vitamins. So far so good! I figure it can't hurt!

I've been taking them since December. Being an RN I'm exposed to quite a bit. I've had my flu shot but wanted a little extra protection for all the other creepy crawly's out there!

Phew, glad a medical professional agreed with me. I sound like I’m brewing “eye of newt” or something but for real, IMO this is a valid consideration considering the situation at hand.

I just realized why I am feeling so "uneasy". As far as storms and odd stuff going on in the neighborhood, I tend to rely on my dogs!
When they get uneasy or vocal I pay more attention to what's going on around me.
In this case they are completely at ease.
I'm the jumpy one.
I have gotten too used to following their lead.
In this case, I've got to be the one to take the lead, because I can read and calculate what risk we are at.
How odd is that?
They can't sense this possible nightmare!
Moo

Worse than financial crisis, deadlier than Sars: Coronavirus to push Hong Kong bankruptcies to decade high

The trade war, social unrest and coronavirus outbreak will make it harder for individuals and companies to stay afloat this year, says Johnson Kong of HKICPA

Coronavirus to push Hong Kong bankruptcies to decade high

This is very sad and tragic. I have been wondering what the welfare system is like in China. Would millions of people in Wuhan get social security payments if they can’t work because factories are shut due to the coronavirus? Will many people become homeless? I’m also concerned about the impact on the Global economy and job losses here, The U.S, Canada, Europe, Australia etc.

South Korea reported 161 more coronavirus cases on Monday, taking the nationwide total to 763 and making it the world's largest total outside China.

Non-residents of Wuhan may leave the quarantined city at the epicentre of China's virus epidemic if they show no symptoms and have never had contact with patients, authorities said on Monday.

Under lockdown since January 23, Wuhan authorities shut down transport links into and out of the city in an effort to contain the new coronavirus outbreak.

Coronavirus latest news: South Korea now has second most cases in world

Source The Telegraph U.K

Worse than financial crisis, deadlier than Sars: Coronavirus to push Hong Kong bankruptcies to decade high

The trade war, social unrest and coronavirus outbreak will make it harder for individuals and companies to stay afloat this year, says Johnson Kong of HKICPA

This is very sad and tragic. I have been wondering what the welfare system is like in China. Would millions of people in Wuhan get social security payments if they can’t work because factories are shut due to the coronavirus? Will many people become homeless?

Oh my friend...I’ve been down the YT Rabbit hole in Hong Kong for a month now (or however long it’s been (cuckoo))...

I’m overwhelmed academically at the moment but I saw this documentary last night about the gap between the rich and the poor...the rich are VERY RICH.

It’s intense. Would definitely like to discuss the HK situation further: I’ve referenced the cubicle living...

I want to be “fresh” for the WHO conference tomorrow morning...Marking. Goodnight.

Last edited:

This is very sad and tragic. I have been wondering what the welfare system is like in China. Would millions of people in Wuhan get social security payments if they can’t work because factories are shut due to the coronavirus? Will many people become homeless? I’m also concerned about the impact on the Global economy and job losses here, The U.S, Canada, Europe, Australia etc.
You know, I have no idea what help is available to those in China who lose a job. What about when they retire? Are there services available to them? I know that in many Asian countries, families take care of their own. But what if someone doesn't have family to help them? Very sad anyway you look at it.

You know, I have no idea what help is available to those in China who lose a job. What about when they retire? Are there services available to them? I know that in many Asian countries, families take care of their own. But what if someone doesn't have family to help them? Very sad anyway you look at it.

What happens to Americans who are relying on Chinese manufacturers and suppliers?? Which is a BIG NUMBER Moo.

Made in USA folks. C’Mon please start manufacturing. Moo. End political statement.

Also, it’s like the fisherman, etc., and the BP Oil Spill...they took a hit...

Last edited:
Well that’s surprising o_O

This reminds me, speaking of incubation periods, can we please find out if there were any cruise ships that went into Italy (Venice specifically) during Dec/Jan/Feb and from where etc., - it’s bugging me to death.

—-

Then there’s this Train business

—-

What all flights went into Italy

Gah banging my head

Miss the old :banghead: emoji

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online