Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add about my Costco shopping:

I don't usually take vitamins, but decided to add a good multivitamin, some additional Vitamin C (to help iron absorption) and also Probiotics.

If we have to quarantine and fresh fruit and veg that we have relied on are not available, it's a good idea to assure your gut microbia is well supported. I was pleased to see Costco now stocks Align, a probiotic my internist had recommended.

Also as the quarantine menu may have more starchy base and less fresh fruit, it's not a bad idea to make sure you have both laxatives and anti-diarrheals.

Dr John Campbell, in one of his videos, was talking about vitamins/minerals, and he suggested Vitamin D supplementation as it's good for the immune system and most people in northerly latitudes are deficient, especially in winter, and especially in those with darker skin tones.

This reminds me, speaking of incubation periods, can we please find out if there were any cruise ships that went into Italy (Venice specifically) during Dec/Jan/Feb and from where etc., - it’s bugging me to death.

—-

Then there’s this Train business

—-

What all flights went into Italy

Gah banging my head

Miss the old :banghead: emoji
Found this. Looks like since January 1st of this year there have been at least 3 major cruise ships ending in Venice.
Venice, Italy Cruise Ships Schedule January - June 2020 | Crew Center

I was just coming in here to say:

Question for Dr. Fauci (and Dr. Mike, Dr. Tedros, Dr. Nancy, and Dr. Sylvie):

Exactly how much “sustained human to human transmission” would be needed to justify the declaration of a “P”. Secondly...

Going back to watch the Dr. Fauci video I posted because I didn’t watch it because I was at the store.

I was able to sell a kidney so now I’m also fully stocked up on beer and weed ...plenty of dog food and treats.

Unfortunately the only rubbing alcohol they had was 50%. I thought it had to be 70%?

FTR, do not mistake my preparedness for panic because it’s not about that. Nor is it about fear: I am completely at terms with my own mortality. Just sayin. I’ve pretty much accepted it’s coming, long before today. :)

—-

ETA: The above FTR “Do not mistake my preparedness for panic” reminds me of one my favorite quotes by a brother of mine:

“Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.”

We don't have rubbing alcohol here in the UK, so I'm not entirely sure what it is other than that people use it as a skin cleaner when they have a cut or something????

As was said in a previous thread, Vodka can be used in an emergency when alcohol is required for skin cleaning/disinfection and you don't have anything else available.

How are the Abels...looking for Good Morning Britain with their son and DIL yesterday, not sure if posted.

—-

Four new UK coronavirus cases among ship evacuees
23 February 2020
9 hours ago

I’ve got Good Morning Britain on but there is no sign of an interview yet. They have discussed the possibility of the virus becoming a pandemic with a Dr but that’s all for the moment. I will keep you posted.

BBM:

Lol!! :D I just spit up “respiratory droplets” all over my phone (again). Not kidding. (And screwed up the font.)

Are we in the freaking Twilight Zone??!!!

I swear there’s this TZ episode where a nuclear bomb explodes, but a “prepared group of individuals” quarantines themselves in a “dome” to protect themselves from radiation, thinking they’re all ahead of things; however, there’s a clincher, which of course there is at the end of every Twilight Zone episode.

What about that movie where the man is so careful to keep himself inside, and when the woman comes to the door he doesn't want to let her in, and it's awful outside, so he's stuck inside and plastic sheeting taped up to keep the disease out.

And then the people in the white hazmat suits turn up....and he's the one who's infected because he shut himself in so carefully 'with' the virus, while everyone who he shut outside was breathing nice fresh air and so they got a lower dose!

I was so shocked with that ending!

Does anyone know what production cycle Chinese factories should be in right now?

ie: Should they be making goods for Fall Fashions 2020, or Christmas season 2020, or even Summer 2020?
Marking

Does anyone know what production cycle Chinese factories should be in right now?

ie: Should they be making goods for Fall Fashions 2020, or Christmas season 2020, or even Summer 2020?

I believe spring/summer should have been shipping right after the Lunar New Year, but the lockdowns/quarantines happened mid-January shutting down factories and shipping.

I guess a lot of stores will try to get more items sent from suppliers in countries like Bangladesh?

I LOVE this man! He does the research and speaks the truth. Xxxoooo

Yes, agree. He has made a name for himself and his following has exploded as he is one of few. I'm glad that someone here found him and Dr. Sheuhutlz (sp?) and we are following both of them on the threads.

Very good articles, thank you for finding them. Those figures that just 2 weeks ago many us us questioned, are real as to the Imperial College of London saying it's 3x bigger than we think. I've seen both Drs, iirc, state that the Imperial College is the best of the best when it comes to stats. I've tried to read those actual papers... wow! The math that they do is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy above my level of understanding. But they have been spot on.

RSBM

16 laying hens, 20 laying ducks and 2 laying geese
should keep me in eggs as a fail safe for food. We will stock up on as much feed as I safely can. I don’t want the mice getting to it by storing it anywhere but my feed room. Again, lesson learned in Harvey, generally only keep a weeks worth of feed on hand.

going to make one more trip to the grocery for the basics. As long as we have electricity I can bake bread. Need to fill up all the gas cans and plan on keeping the cars full or no less than half for the generator.

2 weeks of non perishable rations for two people if we manage to eat the rest of the food in the house. I grew up very poor with very little food in the house. Keeping the pantry and freezers full is my thing. Fed 4 of us for two weeks during Harvey and it barely put a dent in it. Fresh fruit and veggies were an issue so I’ll stock up on some frozen. Again hopefully their is no issues with the power. There will always be eggs and if I have to I do have male birds I can harvest.

I have ~90 rolls of toilet paper in the house now too..lol.

Do you have a partridge in a pear tree also?:D

Oh I think it’ll happen, moo, but we will see. I didn’t get out of my Sunday jammies today for nothing, I’ll tell you that!

I had to get outta mine to do my pre "P" shopping! I spent $422.00, :eek: and wouldn't you know it, I was 5 minutes late to buy wine. They wouldn't let me purchase my winnnnnnnnnnnnne! So I whined and whined and whined to no avail. My receipt is literally 3 feet long :p Y'all beat me on the amount of toilet paper, as I only got 56 rolls.

RSBM
Therefore anyone who had been in close contact with someone within 48 hours of them being confirmed as infected should put themselves in isolation for 14 days, he said.

Well, those of us who have been following know this is incorrect. It may take a very long time to be "confirmed" as in China, that takes a positive test (which takes a long time of being sick to even get that in China, and days elsewhere) and symptoms. And on top of that, so many asymptomatic patients (or...were they ;) a la the crew on the ship which was an astonishingly 90% asymptomatic ;))

Ha, Japan is just like the US and other media, they pick up on another's news story and reprint it as their own with the same language. It was just submitted today as theory... I'll wait iykwim on the rest when reviewed by outsiders iykwim.

Fever is good?

Yes, fever is good. It is natures way of telling the body to fight, it is a feedback mechanism with the hypothalmus to "do it's thing" to activate all the cells to attack, produce antibodies etc, and also raises the temp to the level that is just higher than many viruses and bacteria like. Many virus and bacteria can't replicate at higher temps than the normal body temp. It's a low grade fever, not one in the "danger zone". Dr. Sch... and the other doc iirc have both spoken of. Dr. Sch... did quite a lengthy informational youtube on it. If you take near the beginning, it actually has a more negative outcome for the patient per the Lancet article also. The fever should break on it's own. (as our grammas told us to do!) It was pointed out earlier that those folks on the ship and others who may take anti-pyretics may have negatively affected the course of their infection in doing so. An adult should not take such with a viral infection. (Nor a bacterial infection unless to a danger zone) Also, as we have seen, diseases are harder to diagnose if the symptoms are covered up, such as fever. All MOO with background of my gramma, the doctors we follow here and The Epidemiological Characteristics of an Outbreak of 2019 Novel Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) — China, 2020

Well, I'm behind @jjenny already did an excellent link for when to treat a fever Fever treatment: Quick guide to treating a fever

There are a TON of stock pilling lists on line. 3 day, 1 week, two week and on and on.
This thread will quickly go off topic if we get into that.
Maybe a moderator could start a new thread for suggestions for items to purchase when this is declared a pandemic? That would be fabulous.

We have a resources thread that already exists that would be perfect to place there? COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

RSBM

I haven’t heard too much in the past about “cleaners/janitors” AND other patients being cross infected. Is this something that happens frequently and we just don’t know about it? Maybe it does...I think this bug is contagious as Fudge.

Oh yes, it happens regularly. Between 5 and 10 percent of all patients contract at least one hospital-acquired infection—also known as a healthcare-associated infection or nosocomial infection—during their stay in an acute care hospital, and many are antibiotic resistant unfortunately. Hospital-acquired infections FAQ

@dixiegirl1035 , do you think WHO will declare the “P” word tomorrow? I’m 50/50ish, meaning I won’t be suprised either way. I’m certainly very interested what they’ll say.

ETA: Has Azar spoken recently?

ETA2: Booo I’m already half way through my ice cream supplies.

—-

U.S. raises travel alert to Japan due to "community spread" of virus
Feb 23, 2020

“The U.S. State Department on Saturday called for "increased caution" when traveling to Japan, escalating the alert to level 2 on the four-level advisory scale amid reports that a new coronavirus originating in China is spreading in Japanese communities via unknown infection routes.”

[...]

“But "sustained community spread" has been reported in Japan, which means that people in the country have been infected with the virus, though "how or where they became infected is not known, and the spread is ongoing."”

—-

Well that’ll be great for the Olympics. I raise my bet to $20 the games will be relocated, postponed, cancelled. Moo.

Last edited:
Found this. Looks like since January 1st of this year there have been at least 3 major cruise ships ending in Venice.
Venice, Italy Cruise Ships Schedule January - June 2020 | Crew Center

Well done, thank you.

Back to Venice cruise schedule July-December 2020

Date Ship Cruise Line Arrive-Depart Guests Crew
5-Jan-2020 Costa Deliziosa Costa Cruises 08:00 - 17:00 3,570 1,000
1-Feb-2020 Spirit Of Discovery Saga Cruises 08:00-24:00 1,000 530
2-Feb-2020 Spirit Of Discovery Saga Cruises 00:00-18:00 1,000 530

—-
ETA:
Those itineraries/locations aren’t jumping out at me atm.

I wonder what other Cruise Ships...keep digging...

ETA2: Just had a thought...right now the incubation period could be occurring, in which we may or may (or may not) see a spike in 14ish days in the US/Canada (zzz sorry half asleep gnight)

Last edited:
It’s like a 100 gallon bladder you can lay in your tub and fill it up to keep the water clean instead of letting the water sit in the tub open.

I personally wish I had a 100 gallon bladder so I didn't have to get up every single night to P (not the P we are discussing on the thread, the real Pee)

RSBM

That is one of my concerns, that I live alone and if I was knocked out with fever and bad cough, that I might need a neighbour to buy things for me, so I'd need to be able to give them cash. Although at the rate the prices on a certain online delivery site are going, I could just buy a few bottles of hand sanitizer, cos soon they'll be selling at £100 for the little handy-size bottles. Fortunately stores are starting to get some fresh stocks of hand sanitizer gels in again. About a week ago the main supermarkets home delivery portals didn't have any in stock...which just goes to show that there are people out there taking this seriously and stocking up.

I just returned a while ago from doing pre P power shopping (see receipt, told you it's 3 feet long) and they had 8 oz bottles of 70% hand sanitizer near the front of the store in a huge bin for $1.00 each. I already have some, but I got two more.

3feet.jpg

We don't have rubbing alcohol here in the UK, so I'm not entirely sure what it is other than that people use it as a skin cleaner when they have a cut or something????

As was said in a previous thread, Vodka can be used in an emergency when alcohol is required for skin cleaning/disinfection and you don't have anything else available.

It's called isopropyl alchohol. You must have it under another name?

@dixiegirl1035 , do you think WHO will declare the “P” word tomorrow? I’m 50/50ish, meaning I won’t be suprised either way. I’m certainly very interested what they’ll say.

ETA: Has Azar spoken recently?

ETA2: Booo I’m already half way through my ice cream supplies.

—-

U.S. raises travel alert to Japan due to "community spread" of virus
Feb 23, 2020

Well that’ll be great for the Olympics. I raise my bet to $20 the games will be relocated, postponed, cancelled. Moo.

Yes, I think the countries are pushing back on the WHO to do so as them calling it such will release funds and resources for many countries. And it didn't get past me that Dr. Pedros spoke to Africa folks on Saturday their time vs. doing the normal media Geneva time/place they usually do. And it's now apparent, all of the qualifiers he stated were needed, are done now. We shall see as it will be Monday pm their time when the meeting happens.

And yes, it's gonna hit the stock markets worldwide as many went down Friday anticipating. I think many people are waiting and expecting such to create market turmoils added to the health turmoils. Wondering how many folks have pulled outta the stock market in the recent weeks, knowing when pandemic is stated, it's gonna fall? (and are investing early in the am tomorrow/invested last Friday expecting the "P" announcement for a daily play into a triple inverse such as SQQQ)

As to moving the Olympics in just a few short months, doubt that could be done. MOO logistically impossible MOO. It would have to be cancelled and all those bond monies to build venues... bottom drops out.

ETA: About paying neighbors cash, I use Zelle to reimburse folks. My bank (one of the biggies) has that and seems popular in the US for folks to transfer funds if you have your friends email or phone number.

Last edited:
Stocks are falling around the world as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread globally.

South Korea's Kospi (KOSPI) closed down nearly 3.9% on Monday, its worst day since October 2018. Coronavirus cases in the country surged past 600, with about half of that total are associated with a branch of a religious group in the southern part of South Korea.

Dow (INDU) futures, meanwhile, were down 399 points, or 1.4%. S&P 500 (SPX) futures were down 1.4%, and Nasdaq (COMP) futures were down 1.8%. The Dow closed 228 points lower on Friday, and all three indexes recorded a weekly loss.

South Korean stocks record their worst day in more than a year as coronavirus cases surge - CNN

Stocks are falling around the world as the coronavirus outbreak continues to spread globally.

South Korea's Kospi (KOSPI) closed down nearly 3.9% on Monday, its worst day since October 2018. Coronavirus cases in the country surged past 600, with about half of that total are associated with a branch of a religious group in the southern part of South Korea.

Dow (INDU) futures, meanwhile, were down 399 points, or 1.4%. S&P 500 (SPX) futures were down 1.4%, and Nasdaq (COMP) futures were down 1.8%. The Dow closed 228 points lower on Friday, and all three indexes recorded a weekly loss.

South Korean stocks record their worst day in more than a year as coronavirus cases surge - CNN

We must have been cross posting. Those who are betting the markets would go down were listening to Pedro and WHO knowing it's coming. The triple inverse SQQQ (one of many leveraged triple inverses in the US market) did well Friday, and it's gonna do the same tomorrow MOO

SQQQ.JPG

The markets are opening elsewhere in the world. Look at the changes in just 8 minutes.

Yes, this is a reason that WHO was sliding in and giving heads up it's coming. He was prepping World Bank and govm'ts

S&P now down 1.54% (vs 1.05%)
NASDAQ now down 1.98 (vs 1.88%)
Dow now down 1.51 (vs .78%)

Futures0258am.JPG

I'm headed to bed... here is the site for which I got the above numbers, perhaps check out when y'all get up in am to where they are Premarket Stock Trading - CNNMoney

Attachments

• Futures0250am.JPG
    Futures0250am.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
South Korea is slammed MOO. do they have infrastructure at all to handle this as China did?

Breaking
08:05: 70 new cases in South Korea.

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

Jeez, they are updating so frequently.
  • Just hours ago it was 01:19: 161 new cases and 1 new death in South Korea. (Source)
  • and yesterday it was 08:08: 46 new cases and 1 new death in South Korea. (Source) and yesterday 01:15: 95 new cases and 2 new deaths in South Korea. (Source)
ETA: And as the doc says on almost all his youtubes now... isn't North Korea lucky that they don't have any cases *cough cough*

BNO Newsroom @BNODesk
4m
BREAKING: China postpones annual meeting of parliament - CCTV/REU

10m
11,631 people in South Korea are currently being tested for coronavirus, up from 8,725 this morning. More than 20,000 people have already been tested.

· 19m
BREAKING: South Korea reports 70 new cases of coronavirus, raising total to 833 cases and 7 dead - Yonhap 2020 - BNO News

13m
None of the new cases are apparently linked to the church or the hospital. (Or they stopped reporting this information, because they used to specify this)

-----------------

Whoah, they have a lot of test kits! Have we seen another country test so many? This is a story in itself that they have tested so many. Looking forward to media reports on such. Did they develop their own? I can't fathom WHO gave them that many or that that many existed as other countries haven't done/are able to. Or..............are they and just haven't tested. Again, this is a story in itself MOO

Timeline332eastern2-24.JPG

Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline

ETA: I have a feeling that more WS'ers are gonna come in this thread tomorrow and @JerseyGirl will be updating the name of the thread. Hoping that many posts go over to a new thread when created as new folks are going to have so many questions MOO

Last edited:
-----------------

Whoah, they have a lot of test kits! Have we seen another country test so many? This is a story in itself that they have tested so many. Looking forward to media reports on such. Did they develop their own? I can't fathom WHO gave them that many or that that many existed as other countries haven't done/are able to. Or..............are they and just haven't tested. Again, this is a story in itself MOO
SBM

Totally agree!

Meanwhile the US is still waiting to replace faulty test kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member