Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11,631 people in South Korea are currently being tested for coronavirus, up from 8,725 this morning. More than 20,000 people have already been tested.
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

Unofficial I've read SK has developed test kit to diagnose infection in 6 hrs first in the world, which has taken 12d, and approved two line of commercialized test kits in advace just in case of mass infection. SK newly developed test kit can detect infection in 1hr even during the incubation period.
Numbers might include re-testing but most of them are new people, I suppose. SK has running capacity of ~8K test/day and it will be increased to 13K by the end of next month, according to KCDC.
SK has has daily briefings twice a day, remaining transparent and swift info sharing with the public, which is a rare quality in this region. Imagine what other countries be like if they had the similar capabilities and tested ppl.

NEW: Italy reports 5th death from coronavirus, an 88-year-old man Tracking coronavirus: Map, data and timeline
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

An 84-year-old man in Bergamo and an 88-year-old man from Lodi were confirmed dead today in northern Italy, where 50,000 people have been placed under lockdown, schools have been shut and public events banned.

World reaches coronavirus 'tipping point' as five deaths spark panic in Italy | Daily Mail Online

Thank you for all your news updates @Henry2326

048BDDEA-53A9-4F3C-A6BA-5CCA4233C96B.jpeg

Coronavirus: Chinese police throw net over 'victim' in staged exercise

China has warned it will take action against those who do not take all possible measures to limit the spread of the virus.

Coronavirus: Chinese police throw net over 'victim' in staged exercise

I am really concerned about human rights abuses going on in China because of this virus. Citizen journalists are going missing, people who criticise the government are being silenced and censored and people throw into quarantine when they are healthy for example. They cannot be allowed to treat people the way they do without being held accountable.

Hi friends.....I would also like to thank you for the great information on this
site. As a retired RN who is located in hurricane country, much of it seems
familiar. I have checklists for hurricane prep and how we stock up for
a serious hurricane in the Gulf. We used to prep for three days....until Katrina hit. Katrina sent the family out for six weeks.
I know this is different.....but I thought I would give you some ideas. My best lists come from KPLC - 7 Lake Charles.
Again....thank you.

768F6CC8-3429-4B34-A9A9-43453CA6C1F3.jpeg

The price of gold has surged to its highest level in seven years as worries about the coronavirus led investors to seek a safe place for their money.

Gold prices climbed more than 2% on Monday to levels not seen since February 2013.

The price for immediate delivery went as high as $1,678.58 an ounce before falling back slightly.

Gold price at seven-year high on coronavirus fears

Italy travel

As concern grows over the spread of the coronavirus known as Covid-19, moves are taking place that will impact on travellers, writes Simon Calder.

In Europe, Italy has the highest number of cases.

The Foreign Office says the Italian government has ordered the the isolation of 10 small towns in Lombardy: Codogno, Castiglione d’Adda, Casalpusterlengo, Fombio, Maleo, Somaglia, Bertonico, Terranova dei Passerini, Castelgerundo and San Fiorano.

Coronavirus death toll in Europe rises as outbreak nears pandemic ‘tipping point' - follow live

Indonesia repatriation

Indonesia has dispatched a naval vessel to repatriate 188 citizens currently working as crew aboard the World Dream cruise ship because of coronavirus fears.

The liner had been denied entry in Taiwan before it docked in Hong Kong, where its 1,800 passengers left.

Three Chinese citizens who had been on board tested positive for the virus.

World Dream is now in international waters off Singapore.

The crew members will be quarantined for up to 28 days. A naval ship equipped with medical facilities would deposit them on an uninhabited island north of Jakarta for observation, officials said.

Coronavirus death toll in Europe rises as outbreak nears pandemic ‘tipping point' - follow live

Iran's deputy health minister has denied a claim of a cover-up over the new coronavirus disease, as the number of confirmed deaths there rose to 12.

A parliamentarian for Qom, the city at the centre of Iran's Covid-19 outbreak, accused the authorities of lying about the full extent of the problem.

Ahmad Amirabadi-Farahani said there had been 50 deaths in Qom alone.

That was rejected by the minister, who vowed to resign if it could be proven that even half that number had died.

"I have given the names of 40 dead people to the deputy minister. Now, we await his resignation," he was quoted as saying by the Ilna news agency.

Iran denies coronavirus cover-up as toll rises

(Omggg this is why I don’t keep large amounts of ice cream in the house - so much for stocking up, I ate half the stock pile last night...not kidding...totally sick to my stomach now...had some plumes for sure but hopefully not virus-laden...Ralph...)

Hundreds of foreign nationals from East Asian countries who are visiting Israel will be flown back to their home countries in the coming days. There are currently between 800 and 900 such foreign nationals visiting Israel.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Vietnamese airline Bamboo Airways is suspending all flights to South Korea starting from February 26th due to the novel coronavirus outbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords