Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
France:
In France, the government urged anyone who has visited Lombardy or Veneto in Italy, to wear face masks if they go outside, limit non-essential activities and take their temperatures twice a day. The French issued the same advice for anyone who had traveled to China, South Korea, Singapore or Macao. France has had 12 cases of the virus overall, and one death.
The national health agency said officials were “evaluating the situation” of a bus of Italians, blocked in Lyon, which originated in Milan and stopped in Turin, but wouldn’t give details, or say whether anyone on the bus was suspected of having the virus.

Slovenia and Croatia
Slovenia and Croatia, on the Italian border, were holding crisis meetings Monday. Croatia announced it would monitor any travelers coming from Italy, including Croatian children returning from school trips.

Romania
The Romanian prime minister, Ludovic Orban, said anyone entering Romania from any region where the virus had been reported would be quarantined for 14 days, but local media reported that arriving passengers were only being asked to fill out a form.

Albania
In Albania, about 5,000 passengers arriving by plane, ferry and land were being monitored, with border crossing points targeting travelers from Italy in particular.

Mauritius
Fears spread to as far away as Mauritius, which blocked an Alitalia airplane that had landed. The Italian foreign ministry said it was working to provide maximum assistance to Italians on board. Many Italians are travelling this week for the mid-winter school holiday, and Mauritius is a popular destination.

Germany
Germany will not be closing the country’s borders due to the coronavirus outbreak. Germany was not issuing a travel warning for Italy but said it had updated its advice on travelling there. The danger to the German population from coronavirus remained low but warned the assessment could change at short notice.

Ireland
Ireland said its citizens should not travel to parts of Italy affected by an outbreak of the new coronavirus.

Mongolia
Mongolia has halted all flights from South Korea and will block entry through its borders until 2 March. The country’s national emergency commission announced the efforts to prevent the spread of the coronavirus on Monday. It has also already closed its schools until the end of March. Mongolia had previously suspended all entries through its borders from China. A suspension of coal deliveries into China is scheduled to come to an end on 2 March. Mongolia has not yet reported any confirmed cases of infection.

Coronavirus: Iran disputes death toll in city of Qom – live updates

Last edited:
View attachment 234255

Coronavirus: Chinese police throw net over 'victim' in staged exercise

China has warned it will take action against those who do not take all possible measures to limit the spread of the virus.

Coronavirus: Chinese police throw net over 'victim' in staged exercise

I am really concerned about human rights abuses going on in China because of this virus. Citizen journalists are going missing, people who criticise the government are being silenced and censored and people throw into quarantine when they are healthy for example. They cannot be allowed to treat people the way they do without being held accountable.
Human rights abuses have been going on for years in China and Russia, coronavirus has just focused worldwide attention on them.

Wuhan revokes announcement easing lockdown

An announcement that Wuhan would relax some of its travel restrictions and allow some people to leave was made without authorization and has been revoked,

The city that has already killed more than 2,500 people said it would continue to impose strict controls over its borders in order to prevent the virus from spreading further.

The people responsible for the earlier announcement, which stated healthy people would be allowed to leave if they had vital business, have been reprimanded.

If rubbing alcohol needs to be 70%, then what’s the point of selling it at 50%??

ETA: I got the 50% because that’s all they had. Figured it’s better than nothing? What is 50% used for?

Last edited:
Phew, glad a medical professional agreed with me. I sound like I’m brewing “eye of newt” or something but for real, IMO this is a valid consideration considering the situation at hand.

whatever works sounds good to me

MG_37.gif

Ok so I bought this HUGE bag of dog food, like 60 lbs or something crazy like that—there’s no way that’ll stay fresh long enough to get through so planning to freeze and store in ziplock bags/containers immediately upon opening.

Several travellers from Iran have contracted the virus -- three cases have been confirmed in Kuwait, one in Bahrain, one in Lebanon, one in Iraq, and one in Canada.

Turkey, Pakistan and Iraq have closed their borders with Iran. Kuwait Airways, Iraq Airways and Turkey have suspended flights to the country.

Lebanon
Flights from Iran continue, despite a social media backlash. Lebanon has a large Shia population, many of whom regularly pay pilgrimage to Shia holy sites in Iran, such as Qom.

Qatar
Passengers from Iran -- as well as South Korea -- have been quarantined.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

A sixth person has died in the coronavirus outbreak in Italy. The person was a cancer patient in the northern town of Brescia.

Yeah I’m afraid those who are immunosuppressive due to cancer/chemo treatments, etc. are especially at risk.

Also, we know the elderly, 70s, 80s are especially at risk, but really the number mentioned by WHO was over “40”. I imagine that’s at least 80 percent of the people in this thread.

—-

Thanks for the updates. Totally ill after overdosing on my ice cream supply. Going back to bed and look forward to the latest information from WHO and CDC. Global News Canada should have a stream on YouTube.

Hong Kong's government has announced that only Hong Kong residents arriving from South Korea will be allowed to enter the city.

Secretary for Security John Lee said that starting tomorrow at 6:00 a.m. local time, non-residents arriving from South Korea would not be allowed to enter Hong Kong. All Hong Kong residents arriving from South Korea will have to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine.

This comes as the Hong Kong government issued a "Red Outbound Travel Alert" on South Korea. A statement from the government added that the public should avoid non-essential travel to South Korea.

Coronavirus news and live updates: Cases surge in Italy, Iran, South Korea - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceofswords