Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Emergency* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Reuters) - The United States has 75,000 diagnostic kits for testing coronavirus available at the moment and will expand that number "radically" in coming weeks, U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar told ABC's "This Week" on Sunday.

Azar told the program that surveillance testing of flu-like symptoms was already underway in key urban areas, including San Francisco, but he hoped to expand such testing across the country as the United States scrambles to contain the fast-spreading epidemic.

He said there was likely to be more community spreading of the virus in the United States, and it was uncertain how large the outbreak would become.

U.S. aims to expand number of diagnostic kits for coronavirus; expand surveillance testing

Holy smokes! That had to be an expensive plane ticket.
And unless she booked separate legs - there should be alerts in place for any flights originating from Iran.
So she knew she was sick prior to boarding?

Did she care? That is the "Entitlement Mentality" that people who have narcissism traits, justify personal behavior that disregards the health and safety of others.

These people are the center of their own universe.

I'm impressed with the global effort to test the virus sequence of various samples....

Nextstrain

We just updated Nextstrain with another #SARSCoV2 sequence sampled in Finland after travel to Milan. Kudos to Virolgy @helsinkiuni for getting the sequence up so quickly. All three sequences ex Milan cluster together:
auspice Nextstrain on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200301_150544.png
    IMG_20200301_150544.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 7
Did she care? That is the "Entitlement Mentality" that people who have narcissism traits, justify personal behavior that disregards the health and safety of others.

These people are the center of their own universe.

She's a 34 year old woman with a deadly virus who found a way to get out of one of the dangerous global hotspots. Where better to go than a country with very few cases and national health care. People who do this should be publicly named and shamed.

JMO
Whats been driving me crazy about the mask shortage is I dont understand why the state or federal governments havent already worked directly with the Hospital medical suppliers and intercept the mask supplies and make sure they get funneled to the health care workers first before any "extra" (if any) would be allowed to go to regular stores for the public.

I mean seriously.....if a hospital is relying on going to Walmart type stores to get their medical supplies, then that is not a hospital I want to go to. So why cant the government declare a state of emergency and force ALL mask suppliers to sell them the masks first (at last regular sold price) and make sure ALL the mask supplies get funneled to the medical staffs first either free or at a greatly reduced subsized rate. Use some of the tax money for something worthy like this, when its really needed like now, and intercept the supply chains and force suppliers to prioritize the masks to the right places.

Steps like this should have been taken about a week or two ago. I just dont get it at all that they keep complaining to the general public. Well, do your job and force the masks to go to the right places government officials.....please.....and like yesterday.

I think it’s more that the suppliers are probably the same. So if more people buy at Walmart, Walmart will order more so there could be less available for health care workers.

She's a 34 year old woman with a deadly virus who found a way to get out of one of the dangerous global hotspots. Where better to go than a country with very few cases and national health care. People who do this should be publicly named and shamed.

True. She obviously did this with deliberation. And I suspect that she knew that she was ill, and wanted to be in a country with better healthcare facilities than Iran.

Money was obviously not an issue for her.

But this will be the issue, unless the border is completely sealed from every single person, unless they are inspected and allowed entry only if they test negative.

That will never happen.

And emergency laws passed to prevent this kind of tactic.

Idle musing and complaining - This Virus stuff is really messing up my future fantasy plans on getting otto and greg j.richards to take me on river/pond fishing trips in both Canada and Scotland.... It is always something...Darn it......moo

True. She obviously did this with deliberation. And I suspect that she knew that she was ill, and wanted to be in a country with better healthcare facilities than Iran.

Money was obviously not an issue for her.

But this will be the issue, unless the border is completely sealed from every single person, unless they are inspected and allowed entry only if they test negative.

That will never happen.

But that can happen. And it might. Temperature checks before we board planes.

Czech Republic confirms its first coronavirus cases

From CNN’s Tomas Etzler in Prague and Anastasia Graham-Yooll in London

The Czech Republic confirmed its first cases of the novel coronavirus, Czech Health Minister Adam Vojtech said Sunday.

Vojtech said the three cases diagnosed included an American student studying in Milan, Italy, who had traveled to Prague as a tourist. In all three cases, patients had visited northern Italy.

The cases were confirmed by the National Reference Laboratory of the Center of Toxicology and Health Security. The minister said laboratory samples had been sent to Berlin for further confirmation.

I have atopic dermatitis and Cerave was recommended by my allergist. It’s a godsend. However, it’s a cream and super expensive so not as good for taking around with you or using whenever you wash your hands. For that I use unscented Lubriderm.
Try a nightly cure with either argan or jojoba oil before going to bed. Massage the hands with a couple of drops of the oil, you don't need much, and both oils are "dry" oils and the hands don't feel oily (but you can always use a pair of cotton gloves during the night if you want).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks