Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Insane!

COVID-19: Lifting of England's rules over facemasks, passports and work from home announced - with self-isolation set to go in March | UK News | Sky News

COVID-19: Lifting of England's rules over face masks, passports and work from home announced - with self-isolation set to go in March

All restrictions end immediately and need to test or isolate if you are positive ends March 24th, In a few weeks time there will be no LFT or PCR unless a medical need. PM says they now need to live with it and no more restrictions. Only place that will still ask but not enforce face masks is London transport for next few weeks. Employees told to get staff back in office as town and city centre suffering. No idea how it will play out still averaging 400 deaths a day.

• Working from home guidance ends today and from tomorrow, face masks will no longer be required in any classrooms
    • From next Thursday, masks will not be mandated anywhere and Covid passes will no longer be needed at large events
    • People who test positive for Covid will still have to self-isolate but Javid said that could not continue forever -proposed date for change.
    • The UK has reported 108,069 new daily Covid cases and 359 deaths with Covid on Wednesday
    • From March 24th there will be no requirement for infected people to self isolate.
Well we've been here before and last time many people and workplaces maintained masks and distancing from personal choice. Also I dont think there will be a mass return to the office. Employers and employees have seen how wfh can be beneficial.

In this article the concerns are laid out but it does say that 97% of us have antibodies at this point!

Omicron: Is it too soon to lift the restrictions?

I guess we will have to cover the n95 masks with a cloth masks like the healthcare workers did at the beginning when there was a shortage of protective gear. My daughter is a NP in NICU for a major hospital system. The hospital is building it’s own facility that will produce its own PPE.

That's pretty awesome!

Insane!

COVID-19: Lifting of England's rules over facemasks, passports and work from home announced - with self-isolation set to go in March | UK News | Sky News

COVID-19: Lifting of England's rules over face masks, passports and work from home announced - with self-isolation set to go in March

All restrictions end immediately and need to test or isolate if you are positive ends March 24th, In a few weeks time there will be no LFT or PCR unless a medical need. PM says they now need to live with it and no more restrictions. Only place that will still ask but not enforce face masks is London transport for next few weeks. Employees told to get staff back in office as town and city centre suffering. No idea how it will play out still averaging 400 deaths a day.

• Working from home guidance ends today and from tomorrow, face masks will no longer be required in any classrooms
    • From next Thursday, masks will not be mandated anywhere and Covid passes will no longer be needed at large events
    • People who test positive for Covid will still have to self-isolate but Javid said that could not continue forever -proposed date for change.
    • The UK has reported 108,069 new daily Covid cases and 359 deaths with Covid on Wednesday
    • From March 24th there will be no requirement for infected people to self isolate.

Here in Sweden we have about 40 000 cases daily. Yet they cut isolation time from 7 days to 5. Asymptomatic people who live with infected (have to be boosted) can go to work or school. I just got an email from my employer and I’m expected to be at work on Monday. I think it’s insane. I understand that many get sick and social functions risk being overwhelmed but having people eun around infecting others doesn’t seem like the best idea to me. They are also abolishing testing for majority of people except important role people and risk groups. Idea is you feel sick can’t test stay home 5 days and get back to work/school if you are fever free for two days.

Here in Sweden we have about 40 000 cases daily. Yet they cut isolation time from 7 days to 5. Asymptomatic people who live with infected (have to be boosted) can go to work or school. I just got an email from my employer and I’m expected to be at work on Monday. I think it’s insane. I understand that many get sick and social functions risk being overwhelmed but having people eun around infecting others doesn’t seem like the best idea to me. They are also abolishing testing for majority of people except important role people and risk groups. Idea is you feel sick can’t test stay home 5 days and get back to work/school if you are fever free for two days.
I think what gets lost amongst the counting also is that a person needs to feel well enough to return to work. Please be kind to yourself and make sure you are recovered (I really regret not taking longer myself).

I think what gets lost amongst the counting also is that a person needs to feel well enough to return to work. Please be kind to yourself and make sure you are recovered (I really regret not taking longer myself).

Exactly, not everyone will recover in 5,7,10 days. Important is how we feel and we fee well enough to go to work. I have to call in by Sunday if I can go back on Monday to work. I will take it easy and stay as long as I need . Long covid or complications is definitely not what I want. How long did you stay home ?

Exactly, not everyone will recover in 5,7,10 days. Important is how we feel and we fee well enough to go to work. I have to call in by Sunday if I can go back on Monday to work. I will take it easy and stay as long as I need . Long covid or complications is definitely not what I want. How long did you stay home ?
I was working from home (March 2020) but didnt take a break because I had to get employees paid basically. But now suffering with long covid still. Thats why I feel strongly for people to take proper recovery time :(

I was working from home (March 2020) but didnt take a break because I had to get employees paid basically. But now suffering with long covid still. Thats why I feel strongly for people to take proper recovery time :(

I’m sorry about your long covid. We know ourselves the best and no general rule should apply to everyone otherwise it can cause more problems. It’s frustrating that the authorities are cutting down on isolation and I am lucky to be able to stay home with pay as long as needed but there are many not so lucky people who must return to work . Hope that you feel better soon and it will go away and take care of yourself .:)

I’m sorry about your long covid. We know ourselves the best and no general rule should apply to everyone otherwise it can cause more problems. It’s frustrating that the authorities are cutting down on isolation and I am lucky to be able to stay home with pay as long as needed but there are many not so lucky people who must return to work . Hope that you feel better soon and it will go away and take care of yourself .:)
"Tak" Fika. And off topic but I do love your home city!

"Tak" Fika. And off topic but I do love your home city!

Thank you ! We had lots of snow coming. I’ve been sitting with cup of tea looking outside of window when it was snowing. It’s somehow nice to look trough the window while sick with covid. It reminds you that life goes on while you are stuck at home. We have extremely strained situation in Stockholm and the news can be overwhelming. It’s nice to break from it and look at people going about their day :).

Thank you ! We had lots of snow coming. I’ve been sitting with cup of tea looking outside of window when it was snowing. It’s somehow nice to look trough the window while sick with covid. It reminds you that life goes on while you are stuck at home. We have extremely strained situation in Stockholm and the news can be overwhelming. It’s nice to break from it and look at people going about their day :).

Just a side note & O/T - my bro was born in Stockholm & I in Halmstad... :) Not Swedish citizen as my parents were DP from Latvia during the war. They escaped to Sweden.

Ugh…my family is sick. My son tested positive first, this past Sunday with fever & cough. His wife (DIL) took the baby (6 mos) to her parent’s house. The baby got sick yesterday and my DIL tested positive this morning. Her dad is now showing mild symptoms. This is the most helpless feeling knowing there isn’t one thing I can do for them. I did find an article about monoclonal antibodies for infants which I sent to them but honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about that. The baby only weighs 13.5 lbs. She is tiny.

Does anyone have experience with infusing infants? It looks like it was only approved about 6 weeks ago.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/monoclonal-antibody-therapy-for-covid-19-authorized-for-children/

“Children under 1 year of age who are exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 may be at particularly high risk for severe COVID-19 and this authorization addresses the medical needs of this vulnerable population,” said Patrizia Cavazzoni, MD, director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.”

Ugh…my family is sick. My son tested positive first, this past Sunday with fever & cough. His wife (DIL) took the baby (6 mos) to her parent’s house. The baby got sick yesterday and my DIL tested positive this morning. Her dad is now showing mild symptoms. This is the most helpless feeling knowing there isn’t one thing I can do for them. I did find an article about monoclonal antibodies for infants which I sent to them but honestly, I’m not sure how I feel about that. The baby only weighs 13.5 lbs. She is tiny.

Does anyone have experience with infusing infants? It looks like it was only approved about 6 weeks ago.

https://www.empr.com/home/news/monoclonal-antibody-therapy-for-covid-19-authorized-for-children/

“Children under 1 year of age who are exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 may be at particularly high risk for severe COVID-19 and this authorization addresses the medical needs of this vulnerable population,” said Patrizia Cavazzoni, MD, director of the FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.”
My grandson was 5 months old when he got Covid. Had a really bad cold & congestion that lasted 2 1/2 wks. Family Physician said no to antibodies infusion and to let it run its course. Took time but he is all better now. The little ones I know (which is a lot) haven’t been hospitalized. Seems to me the little ones fare better than everyone else. Moo. Edit to add everyone is different and all outcomes aren’t the same for everyone

I'm sorry to hear about your family getting Covid, especially sweet little baby girl. Prayers for them all to recover quickly!

I'm so sorry MsArk. It's the WORST when our children and grandchildren are sick.
I think the best course of action with the little one is to contact her pediatrician to find out what signs to watch for that may require her being seen at your local hospital.
I hope it runs a short course with minimal symptoms. They'll be in my prayers.

Just did some research on Google regarding how long a Booster is effective and
the news is not good----it is stated that at around 10 weeks effectiveness of
Pfizer and Moderna goes from 90% to 45%.. I am at 8 weeks and disappointed-
so now we wait till March when Pfizer will have a vaccine ready for the Omicron
variant-----

Ivermectin’s potential to treat COVID gets a serious look in Duke University study — News & Observer

“Doctors at Duke University are leading a national study to test whether three drugs will effectively treat COVID-19, including one that has generated controversy for more than a year.

Ivermectin’s potential to treat COVID-19 has been both celebrated and ridiculed. Some consider it a miracle drug that makes vaccination against the coronavirus unnecessary. But most in the medical establishment, including government regulators, say there’s not enough proof that it works and warn that self-medicating with ivermectin can make people sick in other ways.

The two other drugs being tested in the ACTIV-6 study are fluvoxamine, used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression, and fluticasone furoate, an inhaler medicine prescribed for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD.“

Ivermectin’s potential to treat COVID gets a serious look in Duke University study — News & Observer

“Doctors at Duke University are leading a national study to test whether three drugs will effectively treat COVID-19, including one that has generated controversy for more than a year.

Ivermectin’s potential to treat COVID-19 has been both celebrated and ridiculed. Some consider it a miracle drug that makes vaccination against the coronavirus unnecessary. But most in the medical establishment, including government regulators, say there’s not enough proof that it works and warn that self-medicating with ivermectin can make people sick in other ways.

The two other drugs being tested in the ACTIV-6 study are fluvoxamine, used to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder and depression, and fluticasone furoate, an inhaler medicine prescribed for asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD.“

Because I have. asthma I have used a steroid inhaler for 35 years. I take Flovent
which is the brand name for fluticasone. I have often wondered during this pandemic if steroid inhalers provide some protection of the !ungs against Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi