Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #106

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on day 7 today and tested negative on home test. I still have sinus congestion and occasional tickle in throat and general tiredness. Tomorrow I can leave the house (yaay) but back to work on Wednesday if I’m up for that.

My husband has gone back to attending church. His happiness is evident. The religious experience and connections he has at church have been so good for his mental health.

At this point in time, I think people should live their lives. This ongoing "shut down" lock down, whatever has taken a huge toll on everyone, especially the elderly.

My husband has gone back to attending church. His happiness is evident. The religious experience and connections he has at church have been so good for his mental health.

At this point in time, I think people should live their lives. This ongoing "shut down" lock down, whatever has taken a huge toll on everyone, especially the elderly.

I agree. My mom is back to church as well.

I presume those would be people who were totally healthy with no pre-existing conditions.

Yes, that is correct.

I am not sure what that is good for. Most people killed by covid have pre-existing conditions. That doesn't mean covid didn't kill them. Most of them had many years of life ahead of them if not for covid infection.

Some people will find it interesting I think. MOO.

ETA:
Most people killed by covid have pre-existing conditions. That doesn't mean covid didn't kill them. Most of them had many years of life ahead of them if not for covid infection.

I agree, and that is not what report is saying, nor what I am implying either.

I see the value in this information is to maybe give people who do not have any underlying conditions some perspective. Again MOO.

Last edited:
I can't open this so I'm curious. But are they saying that say someone with obesity or type 2 diabetes died from that condition rather than just covid? Or are we talking about something other than covid that truly contributed to death.

No they aren't saying that necessarily. It is quite literally just the raw numbers of covid deaths where there we no underlying conditions known.

I wish I could read the links.

Maybe it's geo-restricted. It's discussed here on one of the excellent (IMO) John Campbell's vlogs which is where I found out about it -->

Last edited:

Just as long as these people are ready to be infected and possibly die, if they are vulnerable.

I mentioned here yesterday that our local Meijer was handing out packs of three N95 masks to customers. DH and I tried the masks on and found that they are very uncomfortable for long-term wear. I have asthma and find wearing a cloth mask to be almost unbearable at times. I can't imagine wearing the tight N95 for more than a few minutes at a time.
I wear them to work. Yes, they are uncomfortable. But after wearing them to work, going to a store in them is a breeze. Not that I have gone to stores much lately. Vaccine wanes, but masks don't (if you get a new mask each time).

We are having a bathroom remodeled and they are almost finished. The plumber hooked up most of the plumbing and that will be about it. I anticipated they would finish up tomorrow but the project manager called me just now ( I was shocked she was calling on Sunday but they are good) and said that no less than 10 contractors are out with Covid or suspected Covid and we would be delayed. I feel bad for our poor plumber. He has 5 kids and could hardly afford time off. The soonest anyone could be out would be Wednesday. I totally understand. I told her that I was not sure how any one can keep a business going these days. I suspected back last month when we started this project that this may happen. I wished them all a speedy recovery and will hope they can get back on schedule soon.

On a better note, I went through Meijer today and here in SE Michigan the store shelves looked quite stocked.

I don't find the N95s uncomfortable at all....nor the KN95s. I double mask with a cloth mask over them. I feel much safer wearing a mask around here, esp since no one else does.

My newspaper deliverer (who delivers the papers to me to distribute) has Covid. We have not had papers for two days, she said she was going to make it out here today though and frankly she sounded awful on the phone. CRINGE...I told her to just drop them off at the front of the bldg. Not having their newspaper makes some residents very irate.

Last edited:
No they aren't saying that necessarily. It is quite literally just the raw numbers of covid deaths where there we no underlying conditions known.

Maybe it's geo-restricted. It's discussed here on one of the excellent (IMO) John Campbell's vlogs which is where I found out about it -->

Thanks so much for this. I'll watch it.

I don't find the N95s uncomfortable at all....nor the KN95s. I double mask with a cloth mask over them. I feel much safer wearing a mask around here, esp since no one else does.

My newspaper deliverer (who delivers the papers to me to distribute) has Covid. We have not had papers for two days, she said she was going to make it out here today though and frankly she sounded awful on the phone. CRINGE...I told her to just drop them off at the front of the bldg. Not having their newspaper makes some residents very irate.
That's disgraceful. A delivery person knowingly making rounds with covid. I wouldn't be going anywhere near those papers personally.

That's disgraceful. A delivery person knowingly making rounds with covid. I wouldn't be going anywhere near those papers personally.

I'm going to wear gloves when I deliver them. I load them into a wagon first so I am not touching them all that much. I agree with you, she said she has so many out with Covid, there is no one else to do the job for her. It's just these residents don't care, they demand their papers.

Not an easy watch FYI

COVID-19 survivors who were critically ill describe frightening experiences in the intensive-care unit. “I was positive they were trying to kill me,” one young patient says. She was experiencing ICU delirium

accompanying article here
‘COVID-19 Is a Delirium Factory’
In a new documentary from The Atlantic,coronavirus survivors describe frightening experiences in the intensive-care unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member