Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the dentist yesterday, first time in over 2 years. Slowly, going back to my old "life". I don't know. But it is time.

They all wore masks. It was very sterile and a great experience.

Good for you! I did the same just a couple of weeks ago. It's been very strange - but I think we all appreciated that everyone was wearing masks (I had to be reminded to put mine on as I got up from the chair).

They understand that I've gone very, very few places. In 2 years. And I used to travel a lot. It's so bizarre.

Good for you! I did the same just a couple of weeks ago. It's been very strange - but I think we all appreciated that everyone was wearing masks (I had to be reminded to put mine on as I got up from the chair).

They understand that I've gone very, very few places. In 2 years. And I used to travel a lot. It's so bizarre.

I have been going to the dentist regularly during the pandemic for cleaning And
treatment of cavities, except when there were a couple big surges. Every emp!oyee and the dentist were masked - the hygienist and dentist were masked with a shield.

After five weeks, Covid test kits finally arrived. There are two boxes, each containing two test kits. The brand is iHealth. Expiration date is 7/10/22. We're hoping that we never have to use the tests.

I have been working remotely for two years, and one day last week I had to go to a professional appointment, and put on my watch, and for a minute or two I couldn't remember how to wear it, which arm it went on, etc. It was really weird. I haven't worn a watch for two years.

I haven't worn my wedding ring for two years either, and went out with the watch on, but forgot the ring.

Things will take time to adjust to, I guess.

Lilibet, I'm so glad you got your heart checked out. I am assuming it was an arrhythmia, as I can't find your original post. It's good to have baseline data and hopefully, your symptoms will diminish over time.

Lilibet, I'm so glad you got your heart checked out. I am assuming it was an arrhythmia, as I can't find your original post. It's good to have baseline data and hopefully, your symptoms will diminish over time.

Thanks so much @10ofRods. Post #5. All the ER and hospital tests, including an echocardiogram, indicated congestive heart failure, not arrhythmia. My main symptom was extreme shortness of breath. I’m looking forward to picking the cardiologist’s brain regarding a covid connection and how best to deal with it going forward (getting used to very low salt for now). :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much @10ofRods. Post #5. All the ER and hospital tests, including an echocardiogram, indicated congestive heart failure, not arrhythmia. My main symptom was extreme shortness of breath. I’m looking forward to picking the cardiologist’s brain regarding a covid connection and how best to deal with it going forward (getting used to very low salt for now). :)

"A growing number of studies suggest many COVID-19 survivors experience some type of heart damage, even if they didn't have underlying heart disease and weren't sick enough to be hospitalized. This latest twist has health care experts worried about a potential increase in heart failure."

What COVID-19 is doing to the heart, even after recovery | American Heart Association

02/23/2022 Hello, my two year plus friends. My words here relate to Covid, because the whole world has been affected by Covid, no matter, the news reporters discussing it or not.
Our work force and supplies, worldwide, have been affected by Covid.
There is now an extra ingredient involved as we try to stay safe from this pandemic.
It is political. I'm not going to get into all of that.
I do want to say, most of you through this pandemic have been on top of supplying needed goods for you family(s).
Apparently now, the news Media, has decided that the Pandemic is over.
That's nice of them.
*I am posting here today, to give my honest and heartfelt advise.
It is This,
STOCK up.
Especially medicines.
Definitely, MY Opinion.
Sincerely, KALI

Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Data

This is a particular interest of mine . . . scroll down until you see the map. You can search by zip code, city, etc. to look at current resident and staff infections. This is ONLY for nursing homes, not for assisted living facilities. Most states have the same data, and more, available on their state dashboard, for both nursing homes and assisted living facilities. I am in Florida, and Florida quit displaying any of that last June or July.

02/23/2022 Hello, my two year plus friends. My words here relate to Covid, because the whole world has been affected by Covid, no matter, the news reporters discussing it or not.
Our work force and supplies, worldwide, have been affected by Covid.
There is now an extra ingredient involved as we try to stay safe from this pandemic.
It is political. I'm not going to get into all of that.
I do want to say, most of you through this pandemic have been on top of supplying needed goods for you family(s).
Apparently now, the news Media, has decided that the Pandemic is over.
That's nice of them.
*I am posting here today, to give my honest and heartfelt advise.
It is This,
STOCK up.
Especially medicines.
Definitely, MY Opinion.
Sincerely, KALI
Stuff hasn’t been in stock in months.
The cold and flu section is almost empty of product. I take a picture every month or so.
Basics like saltine crackers and can biscuits.
It’s crazy

Stuff hasn’t been in stock in months.
The cold and flu section is almost empty of product. I take a picture every month or so.
Basics like saltine crackers and can biscuits.
It’s crazy

V8 juice is coming back in stock. That's been one of my frustrations. I don't hold potassium well and drink low sodium V8 juice daily for that reason.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2022/02/21/covid-cardiac-issues-longterm/

G
ift article. No pay wall.
https://wapo.st/3Habgmb

“Indeed, as the months since their infections have turned into years, people who initially had mild or even some asymptomatic coronavirus cases are pouring into cardiology practices across the country.

At Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center in Houston, cardiologist Abhijeet Dhoble said they are seeing an increase in arrhythmia, an abnormality in the timing of the heartbeat, and cardiomyopathy, a heart muscle disease. The patients, who previously had covid, range in age from their 30s to 70s and many had no previous heart disease.”
BBM

———————————

We’ve been hearing about cardiac issues likely caused by covid, even long after infection. I was hospitalized with covid in early February 2021, and again with heart issues Feb 11-14 this year. Extreme shortness of breath, EKG, chest X-ray, echocardiogram all pointing to congestive heart failure. Home with oxygen at night and a cardiologist in my future. Thanks to our small, but wonderful, local hospital, I’m much better now. I’ve been inclined to blame this on my 76-year-old sedentary chickens coming home to roost, but I’d much rather blame it on Covid! I’m not sure I can convince the cardiologist though. It will be interesting to hear their opinion. Has anyone else experienced this?
I’m so sorry I missed this Lilibet and glad you are home.

Part of my long Covid clinic follow up was heart related - echo and ecg/ekg to yourselves. Thankfully my tests were ok BUT clearly heart problems are something they worry about after Covid.

Finally had my hair done after two long months!!! As BettyDavisEyes said: I feel human again!!!!
These ladies are all masked and vaxxed but my stylist told me some of her clients are living life like there is no pandemic -- I told her here in Florida people are living life like there is no pandemic and have been doing so for a long time!!!!

V8 juice is coming back in stock. That's been one of my frustrations. I don't hold potassium well and drink low sodium V8 juice daily for that reason.

I used to drink low sodium V8 for the same reason, but my potassium is under control after taking Klor-Con for nearly a year. Now I drink original V8 because my sodium tends to fluctuate and dip below normal level. We buy original V8 by the case at Costco. I always have Pedialyte (Meijer brand) on hand, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hitchcock3000