Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I feel the same way. While the cases are low, take an opportunity to do things that require being around people.
Although now almost everyone is going unmasked.

We decided to go to IHOP- not very many people there - some of the staff was masked, some not- It was great having breakfast out and no dishes to clean after breakfast!! I understand there is still a risk, though I think the risk is low at this time. Breakfast was delicious!!!!!

It felt really weird to be out among people (other than going to the grocery
store

I went shopping for groceries today and for the first time in forever I didn't wear a mask.

I took all other precautions, both there and as soon as I left, and after I came home. I sanitised a few times in the store and when I came out and washed my hamds when I got home. And kept a distance.

And pressed the traffic light buttons with my elbow. I put my shirt straight in the wash as soon as I got home.

I don't think I'll ever stop with the hand sanitizing, hand washing and keeping a distance.

The last i heard we still have about 1000 people in our area with Covid but none in hospital.

I hope I don't get it, but I walked to the supermarket and back and it was so nice to feel the sun and the light breeze on my face.

I think I might go back to wearing the mask, especially if there are a lot of people there. There were not many people when I was there.

Taking advantage of the big drop in Covid cases, DH and I went out to a Greek restaurant last night with two other couples. It was great except it was quite noisy inside. They have a patio but it was full and we didn't want to wait to be seated.

Doctors finding hurdles to using pills to treat COVID-19 (clickondetroit.com)

High-risk COVID-19 patients now have new treatments they can take at home to stay out of the hospital — if doctors get the pills to them fast enough.

Health systems around the country are rushing out same-day prescription deliveries. Some clinics have started testing and treating patients in one visit, an initiative that President Joe Biden's administration recently touted.

The goal is to get patients started on either Pfizer’s Paxlovid tablets or Merck’s molnupiravir capsules within five days of symptoms appearing. That can prevent people with big health risks from growing sicker and filling up hospitals if another surge develops.

But the tight deadline has highlighted several challenges. Some patients are delaying testing, thinking they just had a cold. Others have been unwilling or unable to try the new drugs...

Please stop putting COVID-19 test solution in your eyes and nose, FDA says

The Food and Drug Administration is alerting Americans to the potential dangers of at-home COVID-19 tests after receiving reports of people egregiously misusing them, resulting in injuries.

In a safety communication released Friday, the FDA said it had received reports of injuries after people used the kits' liquid test solution as eye drops or stuck the solution up their noses. "The liquid test solution is not supposed to touch your body," the FDA wrote sternly. The agency also reported that some children had been injured after putting test components in their mouths and swallowing the solution.

Please stop putting COVID-19 test solution in your eyes and nose, FDA says

The Food and Drug Administration is alerting Americans to the potential dangers of at-home COVID-19 tests after receiving reports of people egregiously misusing them, resulting in injuries.

In a safety communication released Friday, the FDA said it had received reports of injuries after people used the kits' liquid test solution as eye drops or stuck the solution up their noses. "The liquid test solution is not supposed to touch your body," the FDA wrote sternly. The agency also reported that some children had been injured after putting test components in their mouths and swallowing the solution.

SMH at the stupidity of some people!!!

Doctors finding hurdles to using pills to treat COVID-19 (clickondetroit.com)

High-risk COVID-19 patients now have new treatments they can take at home to stay out of the hospital — if doctors get the pills to them fast enough.

Health systems around the country are rushing out same-day prescription deliveries. Some clinics have started testing and treating patients in one visit, an initiative that President Joe Biden's administration recently touted.

The goal is to get patients started on either Pfizer’s Paxlovid tablets or Merck’s molnupiravir capsules within five days of symptoms appearing. That can prevent people with big health risks from growing sicker and filling up hospitals if another surge develops.

But the tight deadline has highlighted several challenges. Some patients are delaying testing, thinking they just had a cold. Others have been unwilling or unable to try the new drugs...

When my neighbors here in South Florida both got Covid, there was no Paxlovid or molnupiravir available anywhere in the area. There was also no monoclonal antibody suitable for Omicron available. After going to the hospital, they were just sent home and advised to use Tylenol…. One has Stage 4 lung cancer. These drugs haven’t yet been distributed widely. Fortunately they both recovered.

I went shopping for groceries today and for the first time in forever I didn't wear a mask.

I took all other precautions, both there and as soon as I left, and after I came home. I sanitised a few times in the store and when I came out and washed my hamds when I got home. And kept a distance.

And pressed the traffic light buttons with my elbow. I put my shirt straight in the wash as soon as I got home.

I don't think I'll ever stop with the hand sanitizing, hand washing and keeping a distance.

The last i heard we still have about 1000 people in our area with Covid but none in hospital.

I hope I don't get it, but I walked to the supermarket and back and it was so nice to feel the sun and the light breeze on my face.

I think I might go back to wearing the mask, especially if there are a lot of people there. There were not many people when I was there.

Since the pandemic started I always use hand sanitizer immediately after running any errands like grocery shopping. I keep it in the car. I will.continue us to do this
Forever .

April 6th meeting of the FDA to discuss future of booster shots, although no vote is planned.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA to Hold Advisory Committee Meeting on COVID-19 Vaccines to Discuss Future Boosters

The April 6 VRBPAC meeting is intended to assist the agency in developing a general framework that will inform its regulatory decision-making on:

What might warrant updating the composition of COVID-19 vaccines to address specific variants.

Timing and populations for COVID-19 vaccine booster doses in the coming months.

No vote is planned at this meeting and there will not be any discussion of any product-specific applications.

England is rolling out its second booster shot to selective populations (over-75s, care home residents, and immunocompromised).

NHS rollout of second Covid booster jabs begins in England

The NHS in England will on Monday start giving a second booster vaccine to millions of people who are at higher risk from Covid-19 to help combat the latest resurgence in infections.

Over-75s, care home residents and those who are immunocompromised – 5 million in all – will be contacted by the NHS and then be able to book an appointment online or by calling 119

About 5 million people will be contacted by the NHS with the offer of the additional jab.

England is rolling out its second booster shot to selective populations (over-75s, care home residents, and immunocompromised).

NHS rollout of second Covid booster jabs begins in England

The NHS in England will on Monday start giving a second booster vaccine to millions of people who are at higher risk from Covid-19 to help combat the latest resurgence in infections.

Over-75s, care home residents and those who are immunocompromised – 5 million in all – will be contacted by the NHS and then be able to book an appointment online or by calling 119

About 5 million people will be contacted by the NHS with the offer of the additional jab.

I hope all Brits get the opportunity to have another booster in the next few months…. cos I just booked a holiday for this summer, hooooorayyyy! Sunshine and good times here I come :)

We decided to go to IHOP- not very many people there - some of the staff was masked, some not- It was great having breakfast out and no dishes to clean after breakfast!! I understand there is still a risk, though I think the risk is low at this time. Breakfast was delicious!!!!!

It felt really weird to be out among people (other than going to the grocery
store

Hi, neighbor! Glad to hear that you went out for breakfast. We've been thinking about going out for Mexican - haven't been to Mexican Village (Shelby) in more than two years. The place is always packed, and we didn't feel comfortable going to a restaurant where booths and tables are close together and social distancing nearly impossible. Michigan cases are waning, so we might actually go out for Mexican this week. Hope you are well.

We are experiencing another big Covid surge in Ireland, probably fuelled by BA2. I've been masking as normal and all that but almost all compulsory restrictions were dropped here last month, including the requirement of close contacts of confirmed cases to isolate.

My partner is now isolating from me in the house as it turns out he was working closely for several hours yesterday with a man whose wife and kids all have Covid and are quite unwell. That man is still testing negative on antigens and is symptom-free so far but it is probably only a matter of time before he tests positive. He didn't want to come to work in case he might infect others but was made to by his manager because the regulations do not require him to stay home unless he has symptoms or a positive test.

So now we're playing the waiting game over the next few days to see if my partner tests positive. Strange situation. I think it's a bad idea that people living in a household with Covid-positive people have to turn up for work now. They were both masked so I'm hopeful we might dodge it. But time will tell. Pretty much everyone I know who is of working age has had it by now but I haven't yet. And I still do not want it!

Hi, neighbor! Glad to hear that you went out for breakfast. We've been thinking about going out for Mexican - haven't been to Mexican Village (Shelby) in more than two years. The place is always packed, and we didn't feel comfortable going to a restaurant where booths and tables are close together and social distancing nearly impossible. Michigan cases are waning, so we might actually go out for Mexican this week. Hope you are well.

It was a great feeling to go out for breakfast---it was also a little weird. I wanted to go out where there were not a lot of people and it was not crowded at IHOP-- I too would not feel comfortable where booths and tables are close together--- Hope you and hubby go out for Mexican soon- it is just a great feeling of normalcy to go out dining!!!! We are well-- our time here in Florida is winding down: we will probably be back in Michigan in a month or so!!! Take care and be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141