Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #108

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COVID and the Heart: It Spares No One | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
:confused:
Until now, people who suffered mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 were thought to have dodged the brunt of the virus’s brutal side effects. But new evidence has revealed that anyoneinfected with COVID is at higher risk for heart issues—including clots, inflammation, and arrhythmias—a risk that persists even in relatively healthy people long after the illness has passed.

COVID and the Heart: It Spares No One | Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Until now, people who suffered mild or asymptomatic COVID-19 were thought to have dodged the brunt of the virus’s brutal side effects. But new evidence has revealed that anyoneinfected with COVID is at higher risk for heart issues—including clots, inflammation, and arrhythmias—a risk that persists even in relatively healthy people long after the illness has passed.

Having had covid in Jan 2021 and been diagnosed with congestive heart failure in Feb 2022, you can be sure I will be asking the cardiologist about this when I see him in May! I’m printing this article to take with me.

This virus is beyond evil. As the scientists learn more about Covid, we are learning what potential devastation this damn virus wreaks on the human body.

Having had covid in Jan 2021 and been diagnosed with congestive heart failure in Feb 2022, you can be sure I will be asking the cardiologist about this when I see him in May! I’m printing this article to take with me.

I will be interested in what your doctor has to say - hope you are continuing to feel well!!!

Good news. Have been so concerned for all of the little ones.

I now (personally) know a couple of handfuls of young ones who have had covid. All of them seem to have made it through just fine, with no more than bad cold symptoms or no symptoms at all.

But a couple of days ago a healthy 2-year old passed away in Sydney - just one day after he was diagnosed with covid.

Healthy Sydney toddler who died from Covid identified

Honestly, I am not so sure parents will be lining up for their babies to get a "Covid Vaccine".

Yes. The toddler who died in Australia of Covid, is a tragedy. However, these anomalies always make news. For the most part, babies, toddlers, kids with Covid have had a fever, almost like cold symptoms. And fine the next day or two. While their parents are down on the sofa for a week.

No one says Covid is "nothing". But I would want more evidence of the side effects of this Vaccine on babies before I wanted one for mine.

Covid's comeback continues as daily cases hit 98,000 | Daily Mail Online

The UK's Covid outbreak continued to grow today as official data showed daily cases and hospital admissions jumped by more than 10 per cent in a week and infection rates increased in all of England's local authorities.

Hospitalisations are already at their highest ever level in Scotland and rising quickly in England, which combined with the growing infections has led some scientists to call for some people to isolate if they have cold-like symptoms.

Government dashboard data showed another 98,204 infections were logged in the last 24 hours, up by 9.5 per cent in a week and more than a third higher than a fortnight ago.

Cases have been trending upwards across the UK for nearly a month, with experts blaming the more transmissible Omicron subvariant BA.2, which is now dominant, and the easing of Covid curbs.

Meanwhile, 165 Britons died within 28 days of a positive test, climbing by a fifth in a the last seven days.

And 1,979 infected people were admitted to hospital on Sunday, 11 per cent higher than last week.

Scotland is treating 2,322 patients, the highest figure ever recorded in the country, breaching the peak of 1,571 during the Omicron wave and 2,053 during the 2020 winter peak.

Had a routine appointment with my primary doctor yesterday. I've had two Moderna vaccines plus got the booster in October. He told me to go ahead and get another Moderna vaccination next month.
I already got mine (fourth shot, second booster of Moderna). Had very little reaction to it, unlike the first booster.

Had a routine appointment with my primary doctor yesterday. I've had two Moderna vaccines plus got the booster in October. He told me to go ahead and get another Moderna vaccination next month.

Is that because of a specific condition/characteristic you have, or do you think that he is recommending that in general?

Thanks for sharing this. I will see my PCP next month and plan to ask her about whether or not I should get a second booster. I will get the shot if she recommends it, but I would not get a second booster without her advice.

Just leaving these here, very interesting. Lots more at his channel. He’s definitely had a change of perspective lately…

I have concerns about getting the 4th shot, or 2nd booster.

I know of FOUR people who are having heart issues currently---NONE of them had previous issues. Three of them had problems after their boosters. Heart inflammation which has not totally gone away.

I am not sure if I want to get another booster or not. I uses masks and am very rarely out in public still. So I don't know if I should.

I have concerns about getting the 4th shot, or 2nd booster.

I know of FOUR people who are having heart issues currently---NONE of them had previous issues. Three of them had problems after their boosters. Heart inflammation which has not totally gone away.

I am not sure if I want to get another booster or not. I uses masks and am very rarely out in public still. So I don't know if I should.

My doctor doesn't recommend it for me yet...
ETA but not related to heart issues. Just because they haven't received guidance yet for giving it based on age (I'm over 75).

Looks like the federal government is out of money for a fourth booster shot, and for monoclonal treatments.

Biden administration to offer COVID-19 boosters to older Americans: report

<snipped> and BBM

In an interview last Monday on "In the Bubble with Andy Slavitt," White House COVID-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said there is currently no funding for fourth doses.

"Right now, we don’t have enough money for fourth doses, if they’re called for – booster shots, additional booster shots for all Americans. We don't have the funding, if we were to need a variant-specific vaccine in the future. Immediately, we don't have money to order more of the very effective monoclonal treatments," he said.

"Already, we've had to cut back allocations to our state partners by 30%, so we preserve the inventory that we do have," Zients added, calling on Congress to take action.

<snipped>

The FDA's advisory committee will meet in April to discuss what the overall vaccine strategy for the Biden administration should be during the third year of the pandemic.

My mother's doctor advised against a 2nd booster for her because at 92, she is pretty much quarantined now, in her rest home. She is not going out anywhere, just having a few friends and family visit her. He does not think it is worth the risk of having another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141