Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to get re-tested today- this would be day 5 if I count Thursday as the first day of symptoms. I do feel better but oddly, my sore throat which was gone, has reappeared this morning. One thing I read about Covid, is that people think they are getting better, but by day 5 their symptoms can reappear.
Oh nooo, not what I want to hear.

My 93 yr old mother is in 'memory care' because of dementia. She tested positive 5 days ago for Covid. But all she has is a dry cough. No temperature, no other symptoms.

Todays is day 5 for her. We are hoping she can start testing negative soon so she won't have to quarantine alone in her room. She is very bored.

A friend of ours tested positive for covid and her only symptom was a back ache. She tested because she wanted to make sure it was the flu and not covid. Surprise! It wouldn't have occurred to me to test, but it’s a good thing she did.

Oh nooo, not what I want to hear.

My 93 yr old mother is in 'memory care' because of dementia. She tested positive 5 days ago for Covid. But all she has is a dry cough. No temperature, no other symptoms.

Todays is day 5 for her. We are hoping she can start testing negative soon so she won't have to quarantine alone in her room. She is very bored.
Hope your mother tests negative. My Rapid antigen today
Was negative........ will have the results from my PCR tomorrow

A friend of ours tested positive for covid and her only symptom was a back ache. She tested because she wanted to make sure it was the flu and not covid. Surprise! It wouldn't have occurred to me to test, but it’s a good thing she did.
I would have never thought about Covid with the only symptom as a backache-- Covid has many faces- good thing she got tested!

I assume you were not tested for RSV or flu? Of course, there are numerous cold viruses out there too.
No i was not tested for anything but covid--waiting now for results of PCR
Thinking how the pandemic has changed our lives
Pre-pandemic if i had cold symptoms i would assume i had a cold, maybe the
Flu-- now you have to think about covid, isolating and all of that including masking
It's a brave new world!

No i was not tested for anything but covid--waiting now for results of PCR
Thinking how the pandemic has changed our lives
Pre-pandemic if i had cold symptoms i would assume i had a cold, maybe the
Flu-- now you have to think about covid, isolating and all of that including masking
It's a brave new world!
Just got results- neg. PCR- -- so relieved even though I didnt think I had Covid you just never know---- I am so grateful

Just got results- neg. PCR- -- so relieved even though I didnt think I had Covid you just never know---- I am so grateful
I'm so glad that you don't have Covid, my friend. You have been so diligent over that last few years that it didn't make sense that you would all of a sudden contract the nasty virus. Are you planning to go to Florida for the winter? Every time I read or hear a report about the resurgence of Covid, I continue to sigh with relief that we cancelled our January 2024 cruise.

I'm so glad that you don't have Covid, my friend. You have been so diligent over that last few years that it didn't make sense that you would all of a sudden contract the nasty virus. Are you planning to go to Florida for the winter? Every time I read or hear a report about the resurgence of Covid, I continue to sigh with relief that we cancelled our January 2024 cruise.
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts!

Here's the thing, I got my hair done last Tuesday and when I get there my stylist tells me he has a cold- but said he didn't think he had Covid- but he never tested. I was kinda desperate to get my hair done- we both masked up of course - two days later I came down with cold symptoms which I know I got from him and I didn't know for sure if he had Covid or not!

As far as Florida, it is not looking good. The repairs are going remarkably slowly- they haven't even gotten around to repairing the roofs yet on 7 buildings: There are blue tarps on all the damaged roofs. They may start repairing the roofs within a couple months but it could take 5 months to repair them all. I don't think I want to be there with all that racket and noise- I just want a quiet peaceful situation and that won't be it!

I think you made a wise decision to cancel the January cruise- it looks like Covid will be ticking up over the fall and winter months. I haven't gotten my vaccine- I want to make sure I am over this cold before I get it.

Take care ---- and be well!

This is an older article, but I feel fortunate to work for a company based in Arizona. I have this automatic sick leave now, if I need it. This should be a federal law.

Hope your mother tests negative. My Rapid antigen today
Was negative........ will have the results from my PCR tomorrow
Thanks, My mom tested negative yesterday, about 10 days after her positive covid test.

I am so glad she didn't get the strain of covid going around at the hight of the pandemic. She is 93, has some heart issues and needs oxygen some of the day. We were so worried when she tested positive.

She never had a fever, never felt ill, never lot her appetite or felt tired. All she had was a dry cough. They had a terrible time trying to keep her in her room because she loves to go to the art classes and music shows in the group rooms.

And of course, having dementia, she always forgot she had covid so she wouldn't stay in her room, like she was asked to do. lol She'd show up in the breakfast room and they'd say we'll bring you your meal in your room, you are supposed to rest.

Every time she'd say 'WHY? I feel fine"....but they'd have to remind her a few times a day because it is called 'Memory Care.' ;)

Posting what I'm going to have to say is MOO as I cannot support with a link as it's an email from my brother (who works at a middle school in central California). He got his vaccine a few hours ago and said this ("He", below, is the guy that administered the shot or worked wherever he got the vaccine):

He told me that this covid variant is not that bad. But super easy to catch.

(Back to my brother about his school) I've been seeing kids and staff dropping like flies. First a few a day to a week later 10 a day, to now over 20 a day (in a five day school week). A lot say the cough does not go away fast. Lasts weeks to a month.

Posting what I'm going to have to say is MOO as I cannot support with a link as it's an email from my brother (who works at a middle school in central California). He got his vaccine a few hours ago and said this ("He", below, is the guy that administered the shot or worked wherever he got the vaccine):

(Back to my brother about his school) I've been seeing kids and staff dropping like flies. First a few a day to a week later 10 a day, to now over 20 a day (in a five day school week). A lot say the cough does not go away fast. Lasts weeks to a month.

That is exactly the Covid I had last January.

This article says that it takes about three weeks after getting the new Covid vaccine to get the full effect (antibodies formed) and then it should last about four months.

We have appointments for covid and flu vaccines Oct 9 at our local Rite Aid pharmacy. I could have gotten in a little earlier, but I have to allow for a “down day” in bed afterward as I’ve always had with the covid vaccine. I didn’t have enough time for that until Oct 9 because of other appointments. As it is, I’m going straight from having my teeth cleaned to getting the shots. Such a social whirl! :D

Two of my friends had COVID three weeks ago and both still have the cough.

That's the Moderna shot I've been looking for, and which has not been available in some Canadian provinces for 6 months. I thought it had already been approved, but today's announcements sound like it's a new approval. The vaccine works for cousin XBB.1.5, and should help with BA.2.86. Hopefully it works to significantly reduce symptoms.

I had the Moderna Spikevax back in May. They staged a rollout prior to our winter. No side effects for me, and it seems to offer good protection.

We travelled to LA, via Fiji, in August for a couple of weeks. Spent all of our time in the busy theme parks, swimming pools, outlet shopping malls, restaurants. Wore an N95 on all of the planes, but that was about it. Maybe a mask in one or two other situations where I was inside and didn't feel comfortable.

The trip (and our whole winter) went well, with no illness.

As a whole, Australia currently sits at a 7-day rolling average of 2 deaths and about 1,000 covid hospitalisations (999 to be exact) after a pretty big vaccination campaign right before winter.

@NobelPrize

The findings by 2023 #NobelPrize laureates Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman led to the approval of two highly successful mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines in late 2020. The vaccines have saved millions of lives and prevented severe disease in many more.

@NobelPrize

The findings by 2023 #NobelPrize laureates Katalin Karikó and Drew Weissman led to the approval of two highly successful mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccines in late 2020. The vaccines have saved millions of lives and prevented severe disease in many more.

I cannot imagine what life would have been like without this vaccine---there would have been millions dead in this country alone--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978