Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #111

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DH and I have scheduled our flu shots for October 12 and will make appointments for the new Covid vax for mid-November. I will get the RSV vaccine in early December. I know that some people get multiple injections at the same time, but I prefer to get one at a time.

Got my Covid vax. Will get flu shot on Oct 13. None of the pharmacy staff were masked even though visibly sick people were in the store...looking for Tylenol,etc. Other than medical offices, I can't think of a worst place not to mask!

Got my Covid vax. Will get flu shot on Oct 13. None of the pharmacy staff were masked even though visibly sick people were in the store...looking for Tylenol,etc. Other than medical offices, I can't think of a worst place not to mask!
When I went to the ER when I broke my ankle last week nobody, including staff, except me, was masked! And I just had it!

Oh dear i so sorry you broke your ankle-- how did it happen?
These days most hospitals are not requiring their staff to mask up
Good that you wore a mask!!!!
Throw rugs strike again!
Asheville is having a real Covid surge. I was really surprised by the lack of masks and their overall attitudes regarding masks!

Here at the Retirement home, we are again hosting 80 (!) Kids from the nearby daycare center for a Halloween trick or treat indoors. I have always felt this is a recipe for disaster...a bunch of old, frail, vulnerable folks with children including infants!! And all the colds, COVID, flu, RSV, etc etc that entails. No one wears masks here either. We had quite a few residents get COVID last year and a few passed away. Wonder what this year will bring.
In other news, I am on a waiting list for a different apartment complex. It's still a 55 and over community, but no communal eating, so a real apartment with a kitchen! Yay!

Here at the Retirement home, we are again hosting 80 (!) Kids from the nearby daycare center for a Halloween trick or treat indoors. I have always felt this is a recipe for disaster...a bunch of old, frail, vulnerable folks with children including infants!! And all the colds, COVID, flu, RSV, etc etc that entails. No one wears masks here either. We had quite a few residents get COVID last year and a few passed away. Wonder what this year will bring.
In other news, I am on a waiting list for a different apartment complex. It's still a 55 and over community, but no communal eating, so a real apartment with a kitchen! Yay!
My mother LOVES giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters! More than you can ever imagine. When I still lived at home I'd take a sheet and sneak out the back gate and make my way up to the porch where I got down on my knees and threw the sheet over my head before knocking on the door. Why? Because had a spooky house and got next to no trick-or-treaters in the low-mid single digits.

Why did I bring all that up? Because she now puts out candy packages on a card table at the sidewalk, and sits safely on her porch watching one of her favorite things.

Perhaps your home could come up with something like that? You know, a win/win for both the kids and the elderly that are more at risk of contracting covid?

Last edited:
My mother LOVES giving out candy to the trick-or-treaters! More than you can ever imagine. When I still lived at home I'd take a sheet and sneak out the back gate and make my way up to the porch where I got down on my knees and threw the sheet over my head before knocking on the door. Why? Because had a spooky house and got trick-o0r-treaters in the low-mid single digits.

Why did I bring all that up? Because she now puts out candy packages on a card table at the sidewalk, and sits safely on her porch watching one of her favorite things.

Perhaps your home could come up with something like that? You know, a win/win for both the kids and the elderly that are more at risk of contracting covid?
It's a costume parade through our lobby where they pass out candy. They do it every year. They won't change it. Our activities director doesn't take COVID seriously.

It's a costume parade through our lobby where they pass out candy. They do it every year. They won't change it. Our activities director doesn't take COVID seriously.
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to change people's views of the seriousness of covid. I find it quite sad, shocking, and scary TBH. :( It really sounds like they could benefit from how my mother does it (from a distance). It's still enjoyable, and safe for all.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to change people's views of the seriousness of covid. I find it quite sad, shocking, and scary TBH. :( It really sounds like they could benefit from how my mother does it (from a distance). It's still enjoyable, and safe for all.

Got my new Moderna today. My 7th shot overall, counting back to the first two in January and then February 2021, when it was so difficult to get.

One good thing about being 66, I suppose.

I feel perfectly fine.

Throw rugs strike again!
Asheville is having a real Covid surge. I was really surprised by the lack of masks and their overall attitudes regarding masks!

Oh yes, throw rugs are very dangerous! Hope you recover soon-- As far as Covid is concerned, most of the people in the country are acting like Covid is in our rear view mirror- I wish it was!

My free covid at home tests arrived in the mail yesterday as promised
I’ve never had to use one, but having them makes me feel more secure

And a big thank you to the people who shared the information and link:)

COVID.gov - Free at-home COVID-19 tests

Our free at-home covid tests arrived today, too.

Thanks for the reminder. Just ordered ours. We still have the most recent test kits that we haven't needed. I tossed the original tests that were past their expiration date (even the extended date). Hopefully, we won't need them :)

Went by my doctor's office & now have an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine shot for next Friday 10/13.

All my others have been Moderna - but they do not have that brand.
Anyone else have a Pfizer shot? Was it okay? Is it the same as the Moderna one this time?

I'm curious what expiration dates were on yours since mine were expired last time I ordered (both package date and extended expiration date after checking the website to see the new expiry date). If expired, what is the extended expiry date? TIA

The covid at-home tests that I received in the mail today have expired (both boxes of Binax-Now). They expired in July 2023. They arrived in a package that has a postcard telling you to check the expiration date online for an extension date.

I haven't had a chance to check yet to see if the July 2023 date for both boxes has been extended.

I guess they are mailing out the government surplus of covid-19 tests. Hopefully, most of the tests they mail to people will have an extended expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada