Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a disaster, eh. China messed up, WHO said keep borders open, infected people travelled around the world and yup. Global disaster. I wonder if the WHO could be dismantled after this pandemic and replaced with people who care about people rather than governments.
We have quite a difference in opinion on the WHO. I've watched every presser. These people have begged countries to act. Unfortunately, they are only advisors and get the call to really help after the sxxt has hit the fan as in China, Iran, and Italy. Thd US has been arrogant enough ignore then while giving them millions. That's like paying the doctor every day and ignoring his/her warnings.

Hoarding tp?
A hundred years ago there was no toilet paper. Come on. You can live without tp. Stock up on things you cannot live without. But grab tp while you can....
Soap. Water. Canned food. Dried food. Rice and beans. You remember, the basics. Aspirin. Bandages. Pet food. Kitty litter. If you’re a prepper, good for you. A step ahead. The rest of us will catch up.

To each his or her own as to what they want to live with or without.

I’m so glad I got toilet paper.

My point, IMO, was that Denmark’s border opens the door to all of Europe. Norway’s border is to Sweden, and from there to Finland. And Russia refuses to admit it has any cases.
But who knows. The virus spreads through a pathway of least resistance. It’s an opportunistic bug. How it spreads to the next person is being investigated intensely. It is key to bringing it under control.

Just to be geographically correct, Norway borders Finland and Russia as well as Sweden. Denmark has road links (bridge/tunnel) with Sweden which are well used by Scandi countries so they can get to mid Europe easily. I agree though that Norway is more out on a limb and Denmark has more "traffic". Denmark is now the second European country to go into lockdown.

Wonder what Russia is up to, aside from being their usual dodgy selves. Not helpful, Russia!

Criteria broadened
In Ireland, the criteria for testing patients has been broadened this week to include those patients who have clinical respiratory symptoms but no history of travel to affected areas internationally. This is in recognition that the disease may be circulating in the community.

More than 2,300 people have been tested for the disease in Ireland so far, with the vast majority receiving negative results. Tests are being carried out at a rate of 330 a day, according to Dr Cillian de Gascun, head of the National Virus Reference Laboratory (NVRL). The average turnaround time for processing tests is 10 hours, he said.

Coronavirus: First death confirmed in Ireland as WHO declares a pandemic

Woman with coronavirus describes 'scary' isolation

"I feel really unwell. I am currently in isolation. It is not pleasant," she said, adding: "At the heart of it I feel like death on legs."

[...]

“Ms Cameron believes she contracted the virus after a chance meeting with someone who was subsequently diagnosed with it.”

[...]

“It's a horrible feeling not being able to go out and it is quite frightening," she said.”

[...]

“To get through her period of isolation, the fluent Russian speaker has already got through five novels in five days.

Throughout that time friends have been phoning to help keep her spirits up.

But she said it could still be a lonely and "really, really scary" experience.

"I am veering towards seeing the funny side if it (for me)," she added.”

Just to be geographically correct, Norway borders Finland and Russia as well as Sweden. Denmark has road links (bridge/tunnel) with Sweden which are well used by Scandi countries so they can get to mid Europe easily. I agree though that Norway is more out on a limb and Denmark has more "traffic". Denmark is now the second European country to go into lockdown.

Wonder what Russia is up to, aside from being their usual dodgy selves. Not helpful, Russia!

Worst is what are they telling their citizens?

Polis COVID-19 Update: We May Be at Tipping Point for Spread in Denver

“During a press conference that got under way shortly after 5 p.m. on March 11, Governor Jared Polis provided an update about the impact of the COVID-19 virus in the state. And while he didn't ban large gatherings and events, as has happened in places such as Seattle, he made it clear that he expects the number of positive cases to rise in Colorado, partly because of the likelihood that the virus will begin to spread among the community in Denver and beyond.

"At this point, we can confirm community spread in the high country of Colorado," Polis said. "We're still investigating and have not confirmed community spread in Denver, but we're treating it as if that's actually happening." He added that despite actions to slow the transmission of the virus, public-health officials have told him that "we are likely on the verge of a tipping point, where we will see more community spread."”

This is why he shut down the NBA....sounds like he broke quarantine....

Many people who have been in contact w/ someone who tested positive have been told to isolate themselves for 14 days. Gobert played in 7 games in the last 14 days against Toronto (3/9), Detroit (3/7), Boston (3/6), Knicks (3/4), Cleveland (3/2), Washington (2/28) & Boston (2/26).
Tisha Thompson on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member