Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, yeah, this brings in one more thing to worry about during already stressful times. Hopefully they are well screened to keep the violent where they need to be.

I am sure they have only released those who were in for non-violent offences and those reaching the end of their sentences. Anything else would be beyond crazy.

Central Indiana...
Hey neighbor..

*waving from a responsible distance

The lockdown around here are really being ramped up, and we currently only have 21 confirmed cases. Unfortunately, I’ve heard way too many stories about folks that should definitely be tested but have been denied so far. So my faith in the numbers for Indiana is little to none.

Oh this is big.... KY gov said daycares should prepare to be closed down at any moment.

also, FYI: I overheard a woman at WMT this a.m. with two kids in her cart tell an acquaintance “I don’t care.....I’m dropping these GD brats off as soon as its open.” I didn’t catch the earlier portion of the convo but have a good idea...

This makes me so sad. Those poor children, and any other children who hear parents complaining about more time with them.

That’s really good to hear, the quicker EVERYONE goes on lockdown the better.

My niece is a nurse (and pregnant) and works at a hospital. She’s been asked if she can work 96 hour shifts!

My prayers for her and for all on the frontlines!! My prayers are for all of humanity right now, but those on the frontlines need a little extra!

96 hour shifts? How is that even humanly possible?

Maybe my lysol spray can be used for more than one purpose?

LOL

For me, it's late night shows - it's the silence of not having an audience that is unsettling. But I will keep watching to support these poor comedians trying their hardest to play to a silent room. As a teacher, I totally get it... :)

I like to watch the monologues on YouTube. So disconcerting.

Alberta

Universities are scrambling to get instructors prepared to teach online. Classes canceled today to give instructors one day to get up to speed, with teaching and learning team providing supports using Zoom video conferencing software to provide tips and tricks for D2L.

Virus is spread in the community - containment failed. Some people are still on the fence about whether it is actually something to worry about. Schools, post-secondary institutions, except for staff, are closed - most likely until September. Grocery stores had some empty shelves on Friday.

Museums, science centre, sports events, jury trials, daycares, gatherings of over 250 people, closed/cancelled. Many companies moving to teleworking.

Not the best photo, my phone was in the shop, so I took it with Ipad. I made these. Now I’m making 7 more for friends, something I kept putting off. I guess we need crafts once our houses are disinfected.
Looking forward to warmer weather. Of course then people won’t have sleeves to catch their snot.

Beautiful!

As I mentioned yesterday, there are already buying runs on certain types of firearms and ammo going on for the last 4 or 5 days.......moo
I was afraid if restaurants & bars remained open we would see mass shootings. A coughing drunk coughs on another drunk type scenario.
And the stress associated with the unknown will cause major issues, imo.

Emphasizing this portion of the article so that misinformation does not spread from the title alone, BBM:

"Judges held a special Saturday morning session to settle cases with guilty pleas, release inmates, send them to prison or release them on house arrest."
Makes no dif to me. I still think this is a huge risk, but unavoidable.

Belgium

After 15 months of stalemate over forming a government, Belgium’s warring political parties have agreed to hand special powers to fight coronavirus to a minority administration led by the current caretaker prime minister, Sophie Wilmès.

Wilmès saw King Philippe on Monday, who officially nominated her to form a government – the first time a woman has been given the task in Belgium’s 190-year history. The federal parliament is expected to approve the deal in a confidence vote on Thursday.

Belgium hands powers to caretaker PM to fight Covid-19 after 15-month stalemate

16 March

Total cases: 1,058
New cases: +172
Deaths: 5
New deaths: +1

Coronavirus Update (Live): 174,562 Cases and 6,685 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

As of 9am on 16 March 2020, 44,105 people have been tested in the UK, of which 42,562 were confirmed negative and 1,543 were confirmed as positive.

This seems to be an increase of 162 in the last 24 hours. 342 reported on Saturday, 251 on Sunday. Hoping it continues to drop, or at least not start doubling and trebling)

Number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and risk in the UK

Hi friends. Still trying to wrap my head around all this. Although we’ve been staying in and doing our part social distancing, I’ve really been fighting the reality of this in my head. Trying to make the numbers fit the response...yada, yada yada...My posts since the beginning of this have been quite all over the place as I’ve been on an emotional rollercoaster of acceptance and denial.

But the reality is we have to accept this and stay in now to prevent overwhelming the health care system. I know this, and I’ve been doing just that but I’ve also been fighting the reality of it all the way.

I’ve felt pretty depressed and down since I’ve realized what we’re truly in for and I know many others are feeling the same way. We’ll get through this but it won’t be easy.

Anyway just want to thank you to all the posters on here keeping us informed. I’ll be checking in as my anxiety allows. Stay healthy everybody, stay sane and try to make the best of this!

Sorry to anyone I was arguing with yesterday. :( I think I was really just arguing with my own brain.

Take care everyone!

So what are y’all planning to do with your time now?
Besides cleaning?
I'll be working. Avoiding people outside of work and home. I won't be seeing my grand babies because I can't afford to get sick and my resident's can't afford for me to get sick either. I imagine I'll be talking to them on the phone more and promising hugs when it's safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member