Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting today's UK figures any minute. Our new daily cases dropped yesterday from (off the top of my head) 360 to 240 but it may well have just been a blip. No news yet on the school closure situation though rumour has it they will close to all but the kids of key workers ie medics, police, fire, carers etc. Where I live there are half a dozen primary schools who work closely together; I imagine they will keep one open and staff from the others will work on a rota or something.

As always, am watching this site like a hawk:

Coronavirus Update (Live): 174,134 Cases and 6,684 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Jersey Shore Hurricane News
·

WONDERFUL NEWS FROM THE MAYOR OF JERSEY CITY! Hopefully, other cities across the nation will adopt this idea:

Jersey City is taking measures to ensure its elderly residents, people with disabilities, and pregnant residents have access to local grocery stores by reserving the hours of 9-11 a.m. for them.

The city is leading on this effort locally — look to see this elsewhere.

89545668_3135051763180981_4380046238741954560_n.jpg

Oh, I love this ^^!

I have a request for anyone willing to do so. It was mentioned on this forum not long ago that it’s getting difficult to remember where everyone is from - and even more so now that so many folks that are newer to this forum are coming on board.
For anyone that’s ok with it, it would help if your general location was added to your profile, as I have with mine.
If not, then perhaps, with this forum only, if you could add your general location at the beginning of any post that regards local events would be helpful.
Knowing WHERE things are happening helps me (and others I believe) to keep things in perspective.

All. Moo...

I need a lesson - how to amend my profile? Because I thought I’d changed it, but *nope*

OHIO

An Ohio jail releases hundreds of inmates due to coronavirus concerns. Ohio jail releases hundreds of inmates due to coronavirus concerns
WCBD on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES
Oh, my. From the article:

Administrative Judge Brendan Sheehan said earlier this week that inmates are already in poor health and it wouldn’t take much for the coronavirus to spread wildly behind bars.

Sheehan also said almost any kind of inmate was considered.

“You gotta remember, the goal of this is to protect the community and the safety of the inmates. If someone’s a serious violent person, well, we’re using our discretion to make sure the community’s safe also,” he said.

It's not a long road to go from casual violent to "serious violent". Stay safe, Ohio. Make sure your doors and windows are locked and windows fortified. Maybe join a neighborhood social media site.

Love to all.

Oh this is big.... KY gov said daycares should prepare to be closed down at any moment.

also, FYI: I overheard a woman at WMT this a.m. with two kids in her cart tell an acquaintance “I don’t care.....I’m dropping these GD brats off as soon as its open.” I didn’t catch the earlier portion of the convo but have a good idea...

AS EXPECTED....THIS MORNING

HAPPENING NOW: Passengers disembark Carnival Sunshine cruise ship following 4-day trip to the Bahamas.
They tell me two things:
1. Staff routinely cleaned.
2. Passengers were told they’d be screened before getting off the cruise ship and it didn’t happen.
@ABCNews4 Leah Uko on Twitter
Leah Uko on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I have a request for anyone willing to do so. It was mentioned on this forum not long ago that it’s getting difficult to remember where everyone is from - and even more so now that so many folks that are newer to this forum are coming on board.
For anyone that’s ok with it, it would help if your general location was added to your profile, as I have with mine.
If not, then perhaps, with this forum only, if you could add your general location at the beginning of any post that regards local events would be helpful.
Knowing WHERE things are happening helps me (and others I believe) to keep things in perspective.

All. Moo...
Central Indiana here as well. We are on lockdown where I work. All employees and vendors must be screened before entering.

Oh this is big.... KY gov said daycares should prepare to be closed down at any moment.

also, FYI: I overheard a woman at WMT this a.m. with two kids in her cart tell an acquaintance “I don’t care.....I’m dropping these GD brats off as soon as its open.” I didn’t catch the earlier portion of the convo but have a good idea...
Opinion - The economic hit on the USA during this time is gonna be unreal........moo

“You gotta remember, the goal of this is to protect the community and the safety of the inmates. If someone’s a serious violent person, well, we’re using our discretion to make sure the community’s safe also,” he said.
releasing inmates really ensures community safety, huh? Omg
I know this will keep happening to protect staff, the risk of inmates infecting guards is huge.
Bigger question, with courts closed, will these people ever be found when judgement day comes? I doubt it. All moo
guessing most of these inmates are unemployed.....

Also, no waiting period or job search required for unemployment benefits.
I know you mentioned FB earlier, I noticed a huge number of people gleeful about potentially losing their job. WTH? Really?
That's because the federal government does not give a ruts arse. They are leaving the problems and decisions up to the governors of each state. what a disgrace.

DH went into the office this morning but is hoping that he can work from home for a while. The company's tech guy was on vacation last week but will be back today. Hopefully, he didn't contract the illness while in Florida and can install company software in DH's laptop so he has access to inventory, etc. I am only leaving the house on Wednesdays and Fridays for physical therapy and will continue as long as the outpatient facility remains open. I've made good progress in three weeks and would lose ground if I stop going. My PCP ordered up to 12 weeks of therapy for bursitis in my right hip.

All. Moo...
Central Indiana...
Hey neighbor..

Not the best photo, my phone was in the shop, so I took it with Ipad. I made these. Now I’m making 7 more for friends, something I kept putting off. I guess we need crafts once our houses are disinfected.
Looking forward to warmer weather. Of course then people won’t have sleeves to catch their snot.

Attachments

• 8B13BD8C-C216-4793-886D-8A36F56A758F.jpeg
    8B13BD8C-C216-4793-886D-8A36F56A758F.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics