Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GEORGIA

#BREAKING: The Georgia House of Representatives officially begins a special session to ratify @GovKemp's Public Health Emergency Declaration. @FOX5Atlanta #CoronavirusOutbreak Claire Simms on Twitter
Claire Simms on Twitter

A physician checks the temperature of GA state Rep. Don Parsons (R-Marietta) before special session to ratify state of emergency #coronavirus #gapol #11alive doug richards on Twitter
doug richards on Twitter

Members of the Georgia House of Representatives give standing ovations to @GovKemp and the Speaker's staff for their tireless work during the #CoronavirusOutbreak. @FOX5Atlanta #gapol Claire Simms on Twitter
Claire Simms on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Last edited:
People are not taking social distancing seriously!! I have been avoiding grocery stores as much as possible but finally went this morning at 7:00 am.

I used the self check lane, using a Lysol wipe over my finger to touch the touchscreen. Only one other person in the self check line and we allowed a good ten feet between us.

However, people were standing in long lines at the regular check outs, directly behind each other, with not one bit of space between them. No social distancing at all being practiced here!!

What is wrong with people?? They are aware enough to be buying up all the toilet paper and frozen food yet they aren’t allowing social distancing.

Before the WH press conference yesterday, there was joking going on about how the press were not practicing social distancing, and of course, everyone crammed together on the stage/podium. Not a great example for the masses. IMO

Important French Announcement, and info on Do Not take anti-inflammatories/antipyretics. (There have been other papers on this... but must view if you want to have another summary on such)

As we discussed on previous threads, do not take steroids or anti-inflammatories or antipyretics.

I have a request for anyone willing to do so. It was mentioned on this forum not long ago that it’s getting difficult to remember where everyone is from - and even more so now that so many folks that are newer to this forum are coming on board.
For anyone that’s ok with it, it would help if your general location was added to your profile, as I have with mine.
If not, then perhaps, with this forum only, if you could add your general location at the beginning of any post that regards local events would be helpful.
Knowing WHERE things are happening helps me (and others I believe) to keep things in perspective.

All. Moo...

Jersey Shore Hurricane News
·

WONDERFUL NEWS FROM THE MAYOR OF JERSEY CITY! Hopefully, other cities across the nation will adopt this idea:

Jersey City is taking measures to ensure its elderly residents, people with disabilities, and pregnant residents have access to local grocery stores by reserving the hours of 9-11 a.m. for them.

The city is leading on this effort locally — look to see this elsewhere.

89545668_3135051763180981_4380046238741954560_n.jpg
87832369_3135051753180982_5896741917017767936_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jersey Shore Hurricane News
·
Jersey City is taking measures to ensure its elderly residents, people with disabilities, and pregnant residents have access to local grocery stores by reserving the hours of 9-11 a.m. for them.

The city is leading on this effort locally — look to see this elsewhere.

89545668_3135051763180981_4380046238741954560_n.jpg
This is such a good idea and one I hope the UK will follow should the prolonged quarantine of older people come into force.

I have a request for anyone willing to do so. It was mentioned on this forum not long ago that it’s getting difficult to remember where everyone is from - and even more so now that so many folks that are newer to this forum are coming on board.
For anyone that’s ok with it, it would help if your general location was added to your profile, as I have with mine.
If not, then perhaps, with this forum only, if you could add your general location at the beginning of any post that regards local events would be helpful.
Knowing WHERE things are happening helps me (and others I believe) to keep things in perspective.

All. Moo...
^^^^^ This..... I will attempt to do this also. It will be very helpful if others do this also. I truly am interested in " what is like in your part of the USA and the world".......moo

People are not taking social distancing seriously!! I have been avoiding grocery stores as much as possible but finally went this morning at 7:00 am.

I used the self check lane, using a Lysol wipe over my finger to touch the touchscreen. Only one other person in the self check line and we allowed a good ten feet between us.

However, people were standing in long lines at the regular check outs, directly behind each other, with not one bit of space between them. No social distancing at all being practiced here!!

What is wrong with people?? They are aware enough to be buying up all the toilet paper and frozen food yet they aren’t allowing social distancing.

I almost had a panic attack in the store yesterday. People got way too close, one guy followed me around the store and got all up in my space, apparently checking me out, as if that isn't unnerving enough in normal times. People with dry coughs, coughing right into their hands. :eek: I practically sprinted out of there.

This is starting to look like a better idea every day:

untitled-design-1.jpeg

Thanks. I couldn't find any zinc but we have Airborne which has some zinc in it, and we have been taking our daily limit of that and doing other things to try to boost the immune system. We have garlic, ginger, raw honey, miso soup packets, raw apple cider vinegar, a freezer full of homemade bone broth... I looked for elderberries or elderberry syrup but couldn't get any and I wasn't about to pay the prices I saw online for them. We have most of the OTC cough and cold medicines we could need and all the basic pain relievers. I'm debating about taking some anti-malarial meds because we happen to have some on hand and I saw they were doing an early trial of those for Coronavirus treatment. Need to ask a doctor first.

Thoughts and prayers for you and yours. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I almost had a panic attack in the store yesterday. People got way too close, one guy followed me around the store and got all up in my space, apparently checking me out, as if that isn't unnerving enough in normal times. People with dry coughs, coughing right into their hands. :eek: I practically sprinted out of there.

This is starting to look like a better idea every day:

View attachment 238723
He needs a plastic lid over that circle.

FLU DATA DOESN’T MATCH UP: Flu lab surveillance’s test positive rates are dropping nationwide in US (right), yet clinical visits for “Influenza-like illness” (left) are not dropping at all. Although could be many things, it’s pretty likely it is u know what illness. #COVID19 Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter
Eric Feigl-Ding on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_093739.jpg
    IMG_20200316_093739.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 19
Whoa.....
KY is taking drastic measures.
Driver’s license renewals will be waived for 90 days, eliminating all face to face state government contact!
All bars & restaurants closed except drive thru,
Expect cases state wide, just because it’s not in your area yet does not mean it won’t come.
We expect many many more cases are here & you MIGHT have it and not know & never will, not because of lack of testing we don’t know.....
Wash your hands.....
Take precautions the next few weeks or even MONTHS.
All at FB link for KY Gov
Governor Andy Beshear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members