Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same article elsewhere. Paraphrasing:
“Out of an abundance of caution they will be off air for ONE DAY, because they came into contact with another person who contracted the virus”.

The other 2 are “social distancing” about 4 feet when the virus can travel 10. I don’t know how anyone can take anything they say seriously when their actions are a far cry from matching medically verified recommendations. THIS is why people don’t take the virus seriously. They should shut up & go home. Jmo
https://pagesix.com/2020/03/16/al-r...day-after-staffer-diagnosed-with-coronavirus/
Right, I read the entire article. They are contact tracking, maybe they will be back, maybe not. I hope neither contracted it. Honestly it could be weeks before they test positive, imo, if they did.

OMG....IT PROBABLY SEEMs LIKE IT...I saw a comment on twitter " the NYC Mayor cant close things"....you want to bet.....

Signs of the times, March 16: hustling back home to get back online, I suddenly hear an elderly man in the streets of Seoul confidently announce to a friend that the United States government has declared martial law.

Vincent Lee on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

OMG....IT PROBABLY SEEMs LIKE IT...I saw a comment on twitter " the NYC Mayor cant close things"....you want to bet.....

Signs of the times, March 16: hustling back home to get back online, I suddenly hear an elderly man in the streets of Seoul confidently announce to a friend that the United States government has declared martial law.

Vincent Lee on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES
give it a week the old man will be right.
Fl. Gov. has called in National Guard for
Broward Co. Fl. Mentioned spring breakers
on the beach and in bars and restaurants in crowded places.

YEP....BEEN SAYING THAT...sadly...

Ohio Department of Health Director: "We're going to have multiple Wuhans in this country"
Steve Lookner on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

I don't think half the country even knows what that means, sadly.

I'm not a very religious person, but in watching those who aren't taking this seriously reminds me of when Moses was up on Mount Sinai and spoke to God while Aaron rallied up people at the bottom of the mountain and created a new god/idol.

I am also looking at people and thinking back to the old movie "Ben Hur" and the passover exodus.

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_085000.jpg
    IMG_20200316_085000.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
New Jersey closed their bars and restaurants too, because people from NYC were coming over the border to party.

STOP THE WORLD I WANT TO GET OFF!
Good news for Hoboken, though people in that town have no trouble filling bars on their own. JMO

Are offices and businesses closed in NYC? I'll google to see, but thought you might know.

"Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is due to address the nation again Monday after a weekend that saw health officials strengthen their tone on COVID-19 as provinces took more drastic measures to stem the virus‘s spread.

"News of Trudeau’s press conference, which is scheduled for 1 p.m. E.T., came hours after cabinet ministers left a meeting on Sunday promising big action. Some of those same ministers are set to speak to reporters after Trudeau’s address."

Coronavirus: Trudeau to address Canadians as concern grows over COVID-19

I'm looking forward to hearing this address. Canadians hold their leaders to a much higher standard than many other countries, so it will be interesting to see if the PM's statement rises to the challenge. I hope he touches on how all the political leaders are working together to put Health Canada recommended practices into affect I hope we hear more about how families and businesses will be cared for financially when they can't work, what resources are available for Canadians stuck abroad, how our health care workers will be protected, what kind of investment we are making into research and development .. etc. So many questions.

I hope he adds a personal note, about how he is managing in his home with young kids, and a wife who is COVID-19 positive. Of course, we don't have the same resources that he has, but he seems to have a compassionate heart, so he might have something to offer.

Good news for Hoboken, though people in that town have no trouble filling bars on their own. JMO

Are offices and businesses closed in NYC? I'll google to see, but thought you might know.

The Governor of New Jersey is going to make an announcement today. I commute in with state workers and they said on Thursday and Friday, preparations were being made to give them laptops and work from home. Most of the non-essential employees of their division didn't come in today, but this one person did, she assumes it was to get her essential laptop and leave for 2 weeks.

So a statewide shutdown in New Jersey is coming. MOO at this point.

NJ Motor vehicle inspections and agency offices have already shut down.

Mass gatherings off for up to four months

Mass gatherings in Scotland could be off for up to four months due to the coronavirus pandemic.

As guidance for events involving more than 500 people comes into force across the country the first minister said it could last until the summer.

Nicola Sturgeon also warned Scotland faced an "unprecedented situation" and a "very challenging" few months.

Latest figures showed a total of 153 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Scotland, and one fatality.

At a media briefing in Edinburgh it emerged the situation in relation to school closures could be different across the country.

Isolation advice for over-70s will be discussed at a UK government Cobra meeting later and guidance is also expected to be published soon for people with a compromised immune system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knotty70