Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Local media said the Red Cross Society of China was leading a team of medical experts heading for Italy on Wednesday, taking supplies and equipment with them.

It follows a phone call between the two countries’ foreign ministers late on Tuesday, in which China’s Wang Yi responded to a request for help from his Italian counterpart Luigi Di Maio.
[...]
During the phone call on Tuesday, Wang told Di Maio that China would not forget “the precious support” from Italy when “we were at the hardest moment fighting the epidemic”. “Now, we are willing to stand firmly by the side of the Italian people,” the Chinese foreign minister said.

China sends team of medical experts, gear to help Italy fight coronavirus

Last edited:
So, I haven't been on Facebook much last week and decided to head over there late last night.

Oh my, I am among a bunch of idiots, even my own family and my husband's family, ENOUGH WITH THE MEME JOKES or laughing at those of us setting up a small stockpile.

I just wanted to scream and cry! What is this world coming to?
Exactly. Remember me posting about a gal up the road (she’s 23) stopping by to borrow a bridle. I asked her if she’s taking precautions, lol.....she’s not a “sundowner”.
She’s not a dumb butt either, she graduated from UK in the top 5 of her class in 3.5 yr.
sure we hear someone will shop for feeble, or a biz donates food, but a few isolated “helps” is far from enough.
It was all I could do to bite my tongue and ask the party of 5 why cough-aholic gramps was in public. You know, could the remaining 4 not shop? The females with him knew some of us were appalled and they had the “you want some of this” posture, ready to pop off.
A guest on Today said children play dates should be cancelled.
People need to face the facts, but they want to do what they want, when they want, so they deny the facts. Of course we will see an upswing in sites requesting funding for persons inflicted with Corona that could not stay home, is MOO.
The bread vendor was exasperated & in a foul mood. Each time he emptied a plastic pallet he would slam it causing people to jump.

I feel like Noah.....its been a tough 2 months trying to convince people.

Keep going Henry. You may be saving lives. You have no idea how many of your well-researched msgs are re-posted elsewhere, or how many people you have convinced to take active measures to protect themselves and those around them. I applaud your efforts.

Keep going Henry. You may be saving lives. You have no idea how many of your well-researched msgs are re-posted elsewhere, or how many people you have convinced to take active measures to protect themselves and those around them. I applaud your efforts.

Henry for President!
(you're fired, Margarita)

We have been at home and self-isolated for nearly a week now. My DH and I both continue to cough. Saturday I was 95% sure this was only seasonal allergies. Today I'm 70% sure we have the beginning symptoms of the Coronavirus (and maybe seasonal allergies too?). A lot can change in 24 hours. My DH's employer sent an email saying that someone in his company tested positive for Coronavirus on Sunday, after returning from travel a little over a week ago. The danger of us having it just got real. I have started to feel muscle aches and pains like I get before the flu and my energy is gone. My DH has a low-grade fever. I'm fever free still and feeling better than he is at this point. Our symptoms are like a mild cold and I pray they stay that way. We don't know who tested positive and if the person worked in the same dept as my DH (I'd rather not say where DH works but it's a large employer of many 1000's of people). All non-essential employees are to stay home and self-isolate this week. We're now sleeping in separate rooms on opposite sides of the house and trying to keep our distance from each other in case only one of us has it. Although it's probably too late for that since we do share a home. I've been constantly wiping down doorknobs, light switches and other frequently touched surfaces. I've never been so happy that we installed a touchless kitchen faucet that turns on via a motion sensor. It's easy to wash our hands and one less thing to worry about touching. I suspect I'm only a day or 2 behind DH on the symptoms. Sometime this week we will decide if we want to try to get tested for it and see if we can figure out where to go for that. If you pray, please say a prayer for us.
Don't usually reply in the threads but I know you don't take PMs - please take care of yourself and saying a prayer for you and your DH now.

The Governor of New Jersey is going to make an announcement today. I commute in with state workers and they said on Thursday and Friday, preparations were being made to give them laptops and work from home. Most of the non-essential employees of their division didn't come in today, but this one person did, she assumes it was to get her essential laptop and leave for 2 weeks.

So a statewide shutdown in New Jersey is coming. MOO at this point.

NJ Motor vehicle inspections and agency offices have already shut down.
Thank you.

So you work in NJ and not NYC? I was wondering about business and offices in NYC? With restaurants and bars closed, I thought businesses might be as well.

Take care in this craziness.

https://www.facebook.com/GovAndyBeshear/

KY Bourbon county resident dies. He was in poor health but also contracted Corona, he was never expected to live after diagnosis.
Our first patient, the 27 yo female WMT employee has fully recovered. She’s lucky, since no one felt she had the ugly virus. Fortunately after a few trips to the hospital she was life flighted to UK hospital.

Thank you.

So you work in NJ and not NYC? I was wondering about business and offices in NYC? With restaurants and bars closed, I thought businesses might be as well.

Take care in this craziness.

I work in the largest city in Essex County. ;) (which was a ghost town this morning commuting in at 7am).

My youngest daughter lives in Brooklyn. I "Facetimed" with her yesterday and she is staying put, would be more comfortable in her own bed if she got sick, and that there was a grocery store within walking distance from her apartment.

I have another daughter in Orlando who works for a firm that closed and she is working from home.

My West Texas grocery store Monday morning exploring/shopping trip went like this......The store opens at 8am after closing last night at 8pm to be restocked, meats cut, etc. It is drizzling rain here. I pulled into the parking lot at 7:51am. The parking lot was 1/3+ full already. There was a line of people with shopping carts( no safe distancing of course anywhere) that started at the only doors they were gonna let people in, that stretched in front of the store around 100 yards, of folks awaiting to get in the store. I drove back home(not very far)...... I will venture out again in a little while in search of cigarettes, more dog food, and whatever else that I might turn up.........I will let yall know how that expedition turns out when I get back.........yourreporteronthrstreetsoffaroffwesttexascody22

THERE IS HOPE....BE LIKE SK...

Your daily dose of good news from #SouthKorea
, where new cases (74) continue to ⬇️. CFR remains < 1%; Seoul appears fairly controlled (6 new cases; 253 in total; NO deaths). #Covid19 #coronavirus (((Howard Forman))) on Twitter
(((Howard Forman))) on Twitter

STAY HOME, SAVE LIVES

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_091843.jpg
    IMG_20200316_091843.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4
People are not taking social distancing seriously!! I have been avoiding grocery stores as much as possible but finally went this morning at 7:00 am.

I used the self check lane, using a Lysol wipe over my finger to touch the touchscreen. Only one other person in the self check line and we allowed a good ten feet between us.

However, people were standing in long lines at the regular check outs, directly behind each other, with not one bit of space between them. No social distancing at all being practiced here!!

What is wrong with people?? They are aware enough to be buying up all the toilet paper and frozen food yet they aren’t allowing social distancing.

I work in the largest city in Essex County. ;) (which was a ghost town this morning commuting in at 7am).

My youngest daughter lives in Brooklyn. I "Facetimed" with her yesterday and she is staying put, would be more comfortable in her own bed if she got sick, and that there was a grocery store within walking distance from her apartment.

I have another daughter in Orlando who works for a firm that closed and she is working from home.
Good news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member