Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The View" started no audience shows last week.
Since Ellen uses canned laughter it shouldn't change too much.

doesn't ellen have all those women in the seats though, i'll have to watch this week see if its empty, well thanks for all the replies will be weird seeing plenty of things without audiences in them

luckily we dont have to watch any good sports without a crowd because that would be really weird

oh found a link about tv shows
CBS released a statement Friday that, “out of an abundance of caution” The Talk will forego its live studio audiences beginning Monday, March 16.

The Talk
follows word Wednesday that The Ellen DeGeneres Show would shoot without a live audience.

‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show’ Won’t Have Live Audience Amid Coronavirus Outbreak – Deadline

Simon Coveney: There is little certainty 'beyond Friday' about where planes will be flying to

(Ireland)

TÁNAISTE SIMON COVENEY has said that there is little certainty where airlines will be able to fly to beyond Thursday and Friday, as countries across Europe impose lockdowns and close borders in response to the Covid-19 crisis.

Speaking on RTÉ Radio One’s Morning Ireland programme, Coveney stressed that there is significant uncertainly about where flights will actually go in the coming days.

“I don’t think there is any certainly beyond Thursday and Friday where planes will and won’t be flying,” Coveney said.

The government has urged Irish people who wish to return home from Spain to get on a flight before midnight on Thursday.

Spanish airports will remain open for a number of days to facilitate people leaving the country.

Australian scientist have said they have themselves found a cure and want trials to begin as soon as possible

along with they have treated some of the first people out of Asia with an older version of a HIV drug and it was shown to work with those patient recovering just fine

hopefully they can do some more testing and this virus will be good before too long

Researchers want to trial drug ‘cure’ for coronavirus on patients

One of the two medications is a HIV drug, which has been superseded by “newer generation” HIV drugs, and the other is an anti-malaria drug called chloroquine which is rarely used and “kept on the shelf now” due to resistance to malaria.
This is a man to watch as well. Dr. David Ho, Columbia U.

No quick solution to treat coronavirus despite hopeful leads

I'm in small town Tennessee. It was surreal to see so many empty shelves at the store. First the paper goods, then the shelf stable foods. We have no restrictions in our county and the kids are in spring break, but the next county over has cancelled school through the month and closed a few businesses. I'm curious and anxious to see how this week plays out. I work with special needs adults in a community based program. It's crazy to me to think that I might have to get them out in the community for 6 hours, considering the state of affairs. We shall see....

Prayers to all!

So, I just returned from my local WMT. Over night stocking didn’t happen. Absolutely no TP, paper towels or cleaning supplies. There is a huge assortment of Easter candy, plastic eggs, & scented plug ins. The frozen aisle is wiped out. Floor guys were stocking a few things but nothing good. The boxed pasta meals were also gone. Milk was available only in gallons, & a few dozen eggs remained. Dog food was well stocked. It was quite busy, no one concerned about contracting a virus. I noticed one party of 5 with a man about 60 that could not stop coughing, he would literally bend at the waist as he coughed, the women with him found it funny. I think the dude has emphysema or worse, but ianad. Several women had their small children in their shopping carts.
I was able to get bread, dog food, coffee & tea. A large bag of chocolates jumped into my cart:D so I guess I’m set.
No one seemed to be concerned about social distancing at the checkout, not at the two lines open....yes two.

If the CDC recommends groups of 50 or less for the next 8/weeks I guess ‘school’s out for summer’?
Honestly hadn't thought of it that way - would make sense. I totally support the recommendation, but am concerned about the kids with no food at home or impatient parents (at the least) Prayers for all these children

Just saw the clarification post that this recommendation doesn't apply to schools, "yet" I may add.

Last edited:
I checked my work e-mail on my way out the door at 5:30 this morning, and discovered my company sent out an e-mail at 11 pm last night! They're closing the office for the rest of the month :eek: Some of us will have to WFH once they've set us up to do so, which could take a while. Guess I'm on vacation today!! :eek: I'm surprised they did this, since we're a relatively small company and could technically get around the recommendations for gatherings of higher numbers (50, 250, etc.). We're not even on this list of the US states most affected:

Attachments

• IMG_1207.JPG
    IMG_1207.JPG
    203.8 KB · Views: 29
If the CDC recommends groups of 50 or less for the next 8/weeks I guess ‘school’s out for summer’?

The article I shared to my personal SM last night said:
  • The guidance doesn’t apply to schools, universities or businesses, the CDC said.
(CDC recommends canceling events with 50 or more people for the next eight weeks throughout US)

Both of my kids are scheduled to graduate (one from HS and one from college) in 8 weeks, even though their schools are closed/online now. I haven't yet canceled my trip to my son's college graduation since it hasn't been canceled yet and unfortunately that airline isn't giving refunds (and their policy on credits doesn't help me at all :().

As I looked around at fellow WMTers, I couldn’t help but wonder how many feel I’ll but want to be out, kind of like ‘gotta see for myself’. Judging by the coughing & hacking, I think more than one.

Large auto plants in my county continue to remain open.
I guess the suggested crowd size doesn’t include places of employment, Idk.
I checked my work e-mail on my way out the door at 5:30 this morning, and discovered my company sent out an e-mail at 11 pm last night! They're closing the office for the rest of the month :eek: Some of us will have to WFH once they've set us up to do so, which could take a while. Guess I'm on vacation today!! :eek: I'm surprised they did this, since we're a relatively small company and could technically get around the recommendations for gatherings of higher numbers (50, 250, etc.). We're not even on this list of the US states most affected:

My firm, which NEVER EVER shuts, sent out an email that they were "still open" which leads me to believe that once the Governor of New Jersey shuts down State offices today in his update to New Jerseyans, my company will follow suit.

We are in the beginning of a nationwide shutdown. MOO

Honestly hadn't thought of it that way - would make sense. I totally support the recommendation, but am concerned about the kids with no food at home or impatient parents (at the least) Prayers for all these children

Just saw the clarification post that this recommendation doesn't apply to schools, "yet" I may add.
Right, it is only a recommendation, one I believe will be followed, just my opinion.
Another thing I noticed during my WMT trip, people congregate in small clusters in the store/parking lots.
If only drive thrus are open at the fast food restaurants, will everyone drive thru/park & hang? We have a large group of elderly, wealthy life long farmers that hang at McDonalds every morning, they are hard working men, with huge farms, congregating for breakfast is part of their normal routine. I bet they will be lost. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha