Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA For Fur Babies

What is Lysol Allergy and Adverse Reaction ? Lysol is a popular disinfectant cleaning product, but the active ingredient Phenol can act as either a toxin or an allergen for cats. Phenol is a naturally occurring chemical which can be found in small amounts in plants like thyme, clove, and oregano. It is also used in a number of cleaning products, including Lysol and Pinesol, and can be found in coal tar products. If your cat is showing signs of a reaction of any sort to Lysol, your veterinarian should be contacted to evaluate the type and severity of the reaction. Cats have a very keen sense of smell. They are often more sensitive to odors and fragrances than other animal species. Additionally, some scents can cause an adverse reaction or an allergy when inhaled, consumed or contacted. Lysol is one such product that may cause problems to your feline if exposed to it.

Read more at: Lysol Allergy and Adverse Reaction in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

China’s economy suffers dramatic collapse in warning to rest of world
Published: 10:00am, 16 Mar, 2020

• “Combined data for January and February showed that industrial production, retail sales and asset investment all declined far more than analysts expected
  • Lockdowns to control the coronavirus proved to be a constraint to economic growth, but with China now in recovery, data suggests what rest of the world could expect”

Last edited:
More coronavirus cases outside mainland China than inside as pandemic accelerates - CNN
Updated 5:44 AM ET, Mon March 16, 2020

“Hong Kong (CNN)For the first time since the novel coronavirus was first identified last year, there are now more reported cases outside of mainland China than inside, marking a new milestone in the evolution of the global pandemic.”

[...]

“While China, the early epicenter of the outbreak, has still had more total confirmed cases than any other nation, infection rates in several other countries have surged in recent days. Italy, Europe's hardest hit country, now has more than 24,000 cases, Iran has almost 14,000, Spain has at least 7,000 and the United States has now reported more than 3,400 cases.

The combined global caseload stands at 169,446 as of Monday morning, with the death toll passing 6,500, according to figures compiled by Johns Hopkins University, which is tracking cases reported by the World Health Organization (WHO) and additional sources.

The continued acceleration of cases comes as countries around the world rush to implement emergency measures in an effort to contain the virus and enforce social distancing, including nationwide lockdowns, imposing border and travel restrictions, school closures and ordering restaurants, cafes and bars to close or reduce services.“

[...]

“Fears of a second wave
As cases blow up in Europe and North America, fear is growing in Asia of the possibility of a second wave of infections from imported cases.”

Does anyone know if TV with live audiences are going to be filmed or have they been put on hold as well, things like ellen and other shows that rely on it

would be interesting to know

Does anyone know if TV with live audiences are going to be filmed or have they been put on hold as well, things like ellen and other shows that rely on it

I know all the late night talk shows have no audience or guests.IMO shut all shows down and replace with re-runs.

America loses some 'comfort food' as talk television, Hollywood films suspend production over coronavirus - CNN

New York (CNN Businss)Television is a lifeline as Americans hunker down to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

But many of the country's favorite daytime and late-night shows are temporarily stopping production.

The "Ellen" decision was notable because DeGeneres said Friday morning that she was shifting to a no-audience format next week, and said California governor Gavin Newsom would be one of her guests. Then, five hours later, she said, "After some more thought, we have decided to suspend production completely until March 30th. We just want to take every precaution to ensure that we do our part to keep everyone healthy."

Make an eggplant hummus, and use it as a dip for vegs. Eggplant is potassium rich.

Ooh what a good idea! I googled a recipe - smoky roasted eggplant hummus.
Thank you, @FrostOwl I wouldn’t have thought of that myself.

The cats are loving that mama is home as usual but looking at them rather than the laptop, so as soon as I can remove myself from the multi-cat pile-up that has formed on top of me, I’m off to put the oven on.

Listening to my fave US conspiracy/propagandist show,
and wondering if US would ever restrict interstate travel?
Xxxxxconian measures?

Last edited:
Florida- Sunday 3/15 Turtle pace testing
149 cases
4 deaths
514 tests pending
442 being monitored
-----
schools closed for 2 weeks
Kennedy Space Center closed
Advent Health putting up medical tents
Disney/Disney Spgs closing restaurants/stores