Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe how people in this town are supporting us!
We had a customer tonight bring us 3 huge bags of grapefruits from their trees.
I had a horrible toothache, could not get in to anywhere for help.
A doctor customer gave me pills to take care of it. All he wants in return in my stuffed mushroom recipe!
My neighbor left a bag of lemons from her tree on my doorstep.
It's been just my husband and our cook running our Mom and Pop restaurant of 70 seats, and it's been cold and raining all week.
Miserable weather, but, our customers... Wow.
Hubby is 72 and I am 66. Years young.
I am in tears.
That's what community is all about. That said, as a public service, would you please share your stuffed mushroom recipe? TYVM!

I'd like to also add, has ANY8NE heard any of the powers that be mention ECMO?
The ventilators aren't worth jack unless the person is also on ECMO.
Guess the US has plentiful amounts
of them!
Very odd.

Maybe they aren't using it because there is no proof it works.
It used to only be used in drowning victims, children mostly.
Coronavirus and the Potential Role of ECMO

Moo

Last edited:
That list of countries seems to equal what we call the World. Which countries aren't on the list?

Some African nations...

For reference:
Africa Map and Satellite Image

Thankfully knock on wood.

Too deep for the moment but let’s say they have a lot of experience. And iirc , for example, moo, Doc Tedros praised a leader in Nigeria for his excellent efforts and experience early on so I think they’ve been on the ball on that continent moo.

ETA:

Also, Doc T has been emphasizing the threat to nations with weaker health systems and I’m thinking with WHO knowing the vulnerabilities may have perhaps invested a lot here, as Doc T has talked about. Idk moo just a thought. I know WHO has been all over African nations from the start and WELL before this moo and I imagine they’ve gotten a lot of resources in. I think WHO likely prioritized them moo because of their vulnerability. I know they’ve been working very closely with DRC on Ebola, and many other things. Doc T is also from Ethiopia.

(ETA / Quick reference :

Signs DR Congo Ebola outbreak finally ‘on the retreat’ but risk of international spread, ‘still high’
25 September 2019

“It’s not over, until it’s over” said Tedros Adhanom Gheybreyesus, speaking to reporters at UN Headquarters in New York, after a meeting co-hosted by WHO and the DRC Government, on the margins of the UN General Assembly, bringing together regional ministers for health, on Ebola preparedness and response.” )

—-

Anyway let’s hear if Dr. Mike and Doc T mention this is in the WHO pressers moo.

What happens in one part of the world affects the whole part of the world.

—-

ETA 2:

“As of Wednesday, Nigeria had only three confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) data.”

COVID-19: Nigeria bans travelers from 13 countries

That’s amazing considering their population of 200 million.

ETA3:

Here’s an early quote:
A second COVID-19 case is confirmed in Africa

“The window of opportunity the continent has had to prepare for coronavirus disease is closing. All countries must ramp up their preparedness activities.”

Algeria is one of 13 countries, which WHO has identified as a top priority for preparedness measures due to their direct links or high volume of travel to China.

WHO is preparing to deploy a team of experts to Algeria to support health authorities.”

Last edited:
So true. Maybe some feel if they disregard, it will go away.
Idk what those of us trying to maintain personal safety can do to avoid the defiant ones. I don’t have to get out often, fortunately. Actually, it will soon be frightening to go to the stores, imo. People are ready to erupt, in my area. Their driving alone reveals their aggression & anger.
Someone will cough or sneeze at someone & end up shot, imo.
Hope you’re doing well, as well as can be expected.
It's not a matter of not knowing, it is a matter of non-compliance so the government has to step in to protect everyone from the actions of irresponsible adults of which there seems to be no shortage.

JMO

Everlywell, a home testing company that offers dozens of lab tests to consumers, is adding a COVID-19 test beginning on March 23.

[Given the slow roll out of testing for COVID-19 in the U.S., and concerns about spreading the disease, at-home testing could help to diagnose more cases. After initially limiting testing to one provided by the Centers for Disease Control and conducted at state and local public health labs, the Food and Drug Administration allowed certified labs, including commercial lab testing companies, to develop and distribute COVID-19 tests on Feb. 29. Though other private companies have been involved with creating tests for COVID-19, this is the first company to offer its test directly to consumers.

People can order the Everlywell COVID-19 test on the company’s website, after first answering questions about their basic health, symptoms and risk factors for the coronavirus disease.

The First U.S. Company Has Announced an Upcoming Home COVID-19 Test

Their CEO must be excited about his stock holdings.
Everlywell, a home testing company that offers dozens of lab tests to consumers, is adding a COVID-19 test beginning on March 23.

[Given the slow roll out of testing for COVID-19 in the U.S., and concerns about spreading the disease, at-home testing could help to diagnose more cases. After initially limiting testing to one provided by the Centers for Disease Control and conducted at state and local public health labs, the Food and Drug Administration allowed certified labs, including commercial lab testing companies, to develop and distribute COVID-19 tests on Feb. 29. Though other private companies have been involved with creating tests for COVID-19, this is the first company to offer its test directly to consumers.

People can order the Everlywell COVID-19 test on the company’s website, after first answering questions about their basic health, symptoms and risk factors for the coronavirus disease.

The First U.S. Company Has Announced an Upcoming Home COVID-19 Test

I want to say. That the chances of you getting this virus, if you are washing your hands and being careful are very low.
Unfortunately, throughout the world, there are many who have no soap and water.
But we do.
So, you are blessed.
Wash your hands and keep your distance.
This nightmare will go away.
But, ALL of us need to be viligant.
Hugs to everyone. What a frigging wake up call, from a micro organism that could wipe out a whole lot of humans.
Be CLEAN!

I want to say. That the chances of you getting this virus, if you are washing your hands and being careful are very low.
Unfortunately, throughout the world, there are many who have no soap and water.
But we do.
So, you are blessed.
Wash your hands and keep your distance.
This nightmare will go away.
But, ALL of us need to be viligant.
Hugs to everyone. What a frigging wake up call, from a micro organism that could wipe out a whole lot of humans.
Be CLEAN!

I think my risk of getting it is from a rogue sneeze or cough.
I was also thinking about kissing. How often has it been transmitted thru a kiss.
How Coronavirus Spreads: A Cough In Your Face ... Or A Kiss On Your Cheek
But spread isn't exclusively a family matter. The close contact that leads to infection can apply to a range of behaviors, says Seema Lakdawala, a virologist who studies flu transmission at the University of Pittsburgh. "You can do it through shaking hands or kissing somebody who is sick, or you can do it through indirect contact transmission, which is through a contaminated surface, something like a doorknob or a handrail ... [or] you pick up somebody else's phone."

Imagine that you haven't seen your own child in a long time, your child is able to return home via government subsidized planes, and you can't be near your own child for maybe another 18 months.

I hope that I can meet my child for a walk along the river, 6 feet apart, late at night when no one else is there in the next few months.

I met a few members of my family outside in my long driveway. There were less than 10 of us and we kept our distance. Unbelievable. Never got to hug the grandkiddies or nuthin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member