Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think we're suppose to use the other region based thread right now until this forum is fixed tomorrow so i'll post the aussie stuff in here

but it looks grim NSW is to shut down and Victoria will follow suit later tonight

i am in Victoria and i am terrified of the shut down and how our life will work when it happens ugh
Welcome to the New World Order.

Our Farmer's inurance agent called to tell me that the $570.00 we pay per month to them, for our small restaurant of less then 10 employees, does NOT cover viruses. Or, a loss of income due to a virus.
Isn't that great?
I had not contacted them. This call came completely out of the blue to me.
I think I've spoken to my insurance agent twice in 15 years.
Those times being while we were surrounded by fire.
Reporting from. Southern California. Kali.
I am very seriously considering not paying them next month.
All commercial landlords require that you have this insurance.
But, I do not see us being able to pay our landlord the $5,200.00 per month that they want monthly from us.
We've had zero communication from our landlord, which is a very large corporation.
We could just close, and leave?
I don't know, I feel like we're all of a sudden in survival mode.
Our credit is excellent right now.
How long before it's destroyed?

Kali, IMO the insurer calling YOU, makes me think they are being proactive in making clients believe they are not entitled and therefore won't even bother to make a claim. Read your policy and get a legal opinion.. I'm in Canada and have some legal background from years ago. Long story short, if it's not specifically excluded in the policy, it has to be included. If there is ambiguity in the policy, a judge should rule in favor of the insured as the insurer is in the business of knowing how their policies should be worded. JMO, MOO, but worth a try.

Last edited:
Victoria seems set to follow NSW's footsteps and introduce a statewide shutdown.

In a statement, Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed he would proceed with a shutdown of all non-essential activity over 48 hours.

All schools will be shut from Tuesday, following news that 67 new coronavirus cases had been confirmed overnight.

Coronavirus Australia live updates

here we go my state just got its offical notice

This is a good thing @PingTheRouter. I’m so glad it looks like the government is stepping up.

Speaking of churches, where are we with the Daegu cluster?

Taking a look.

Eta:

Daegu reports another cluster infection at nursing hospital
March 10, 202012:10 PM

“Another cluster transmission of the novel coronavirus has been reported at a nursing hospital in Daegu, the epicenter of the outbreak in South Korea, city officials said Friday.

A total of 57 people at the hospital, including medical staff and patients, have tested positive for the COVID-19 over the past three days, according to the officials.

On Wednesday, two nurses at the hospital were confirmed to have been infected. Eight additional cases were reported on Thursday and 47 more cases on Friday.”

Smh

—-

ETA:
Posting a few S. Korea articles to get somewhat caught up on the SK situation:

How A South Korean City Is Changing Tactics To Tamp Down Its COVID-19 Surge
March 10, 202012:10 PM ET

“Daegu has so far been the main battleground of the coronavirus outbreak in South Korea, accounting for 75% of the country's 7,513 cases as of Tuesday. The country has one of the highest number of infections outside of China.

Despite a national system that has a reputation for providing affordable, good-quality health care, the city's hospitals have been overwhelmed with infected patients, necessitating a shift in tactics.“

I am VERY worried about the church thing...

People need to understand what happened in Daegu...it is critical...

—-

More from the above article:

“Daegu's first known coronavirus case was confirmed on Feb. 18. A 61-year-old woman was South Korea's 31st case. Epidemiological investigators believe she came into contact with more than 1,100 people.

Most are fellow members of the Shincheonji Church of Jesus, a religious group that accounts for most of the cases in Daegu.

The disease's rapid spread through Daegu is due in part to the way patients transmit or "shed" the virus. "With this virus, symptoms are mild in the early phase, even though viral shedding is high," explains Dr. Choi Sung Ho of Chung-Ang University College of Medicine in Seoul. "Patients may not realize they are infected and so go about their everyday lives."”

——-

Please tell me none of these mega churches are still running. I know Joel Osteen closed early right?

If there are are any big churches running services, I’m afraid they really really need to reconsider.

Did I see Michigan earlier is allowing services of over 50 iirc?

—-

S. Korea on edge over new coronavirus clusters in Daegu
March 18

—-

Oh no, this is the type of history and data we need to take note of:

S. Korea reports 147 new cases on emerging cluster infections
Published : Mar 21, 2020 - 13:39
Updated : Mar 22, 2020 - 09:58

““COVID-19 is spreading at an alarming rate around the world, and we are seeing sporadic mass infections,” said Yoon Tae-ho, a senior Health Ministry official in charge of containment measures, in a briefing on Saturday. “Considering COVID-19’s nature of high infection rate and fast spread, it is highly possible for the coronavirus epidemic to continue for a substantial period of time.””

Last edited:
True, but imagine you're looking at a 27 year old and an 81 year old who need the same medical equipment to survive, and there isn't enough equipment to go around. Those decisions were made in China and are being made in Italy.
I think decisions will more than likely be made on the basis of have/have not. Not going to choose a 27 yr old nobody over a wealthy 81 yr old.

This is a slippery slope that I am NOT willing to discuss. Or, a plain old NO.
Prisoners are in prision for a reason.
This is Not the time, nor is it ever the time to unleash convicted prisoners into our neighborhoods.
No. No and a thousand times no.
<modsnip>
If, our inmates were released into our communities, our country would be changed into a nightmare.
<modsnip> Imo.

ACLU Letter to DOJ and BOP on Coronavirus and the Criminal Justice System

This is in regard to Federal Prisons
Department of Justice and Bureau of Prisons

Compassionate leave for:

1.) Aged 65 and older.
2.) Have a terminal, debilitated, or chronic medical condition.
3.) Death of a family member who is the primary care giver of the inmate’s child.
4.) Women who are pregnant or recently pregnant.

Further, we also call upon DOJ to ensure that more people are not admitted to BOP and USMS (US Marshal Service) facilities by:

5.) DECLINING TO SEEK INCARCERATION IN CASES PROSECUTED.

6.) Move those who are within one year of being transferred to community supervision.
7.) Use the elderly home confinement program for those who are 60 and older.
8.) Offering diversion in appropriate cases prosecuted.
9.) Declining prosecution in minor cases, especially cases involving drugs with addiction.
10.) Move those who are within one year of being transferred to community supervision.
11.) Not pursuing revocation of minor supervised release infractions.
12.) Suspending prosecutions for unauthorized entry or reentry to the USA.

Thanks for the tips @otto

Last edited by a moderator:
File this under stuff I never considered.

Cousin is very active in her church. Services cancelled, including Easter. Very concerned about lack of donations to keep church afloat. Churches could very well fold. It just keeps going, doesn’t it?

Why would religious buildings fold? Is there a mortgage on the property? Is no one able to cover the cost of electricity for online teachings (internet, electricity, heat ??).?

True, but imagine you're looking at a 27 year old and an 81 year old who need the same medical equipment to survive, and there isn't enough equipment to go around. Those decisions were made in China and are being made in Italy.

I've been wanting to say this for quite a while, here goes.

I'm 78 years old with heart disease and lung disease. If I got sick I would have no problem being triaged out for someone younger with more life to live. I am not an essential person, like an epidemic expert or a doctor/nurse who can save lives. I have made my peace with God and have no fears of eternity. I think all "older" persons need to give serious thought to the situation we find ourselves in right now and make your decisions accordingly.

On the other hand, for all you "youngsters", you are not exempt either. Maybe it is time for ALL of us to re-evaluate our lives, act and make decisions accordingly. I need to say God loves you and does not want you to perish, but the choice is yours. Right at the moment everyone is worrying about washing hands and staying out of crowds. Rightly so. However, there are more important decisions to make for your soul and, yes, for your family. It is so comforting to face the possibility of your demise when you're right with God.

I don't mean to sound "preachy", just telling it how it is for me. Love your God, your family and your neighbor. Make peace with those you are at odds with. This isn't the end of the world, but each day/night/moment we are still alive is an opportunity for betterment, one way or another.

God be with us all and thank you all for being here.

“South Korea saw another climb in novel coronavirus cases on Friday, as new clusters of infection have been detected at nursing homes in Daegu, the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak here, and increasing cases from overseas are being confirmed, officials said Saturday.

A total of 147 new cases were reported, bringing the nation’s total infections to 8,799, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The daily tally saw an uptick from the previous day’s standing at 87, despite an overall downward trend since early this month.

Ten more people died, all of whom were from Daegu and North Gyeongsang Province, raising the nationwide death toll to 104 as of Saturday afternoon. Another 379 people were newly declared virus-free, putting the total number of recoveries at 2,612.

Of the 147 new cases, 69 are in Daegu and 40 are in neighboring North Gyeongsang Province, the two hardest-hit regions here, accounting for 72 percent and 14 percent of total infections, respectively.

The new cases are mostly traced to Daesil Nursing Hospital in Daegu, where 64 at the hospital -- 52 patients and 12 medical staff -- have tested positive for COVID-19 so far. The hospital has been placed under cohort isolation.

Daegu is seeing sporadic clusters of infections at nursing homes, including 76 people at Hansarang Nursing Hospital and a handful each at around 10 hospitals across the city.

The new cases in North Gyeongsang Province were linked to Seo Nursing Hospital, which reported 35 infections as of Saturday, with the number expected to increase as testing is still underway.”

S. Korea reports 147 new cases on emerging cluster infections

This needs to be tweeted to every nursing home—

Battery dying

This is a vision of what could happen in the future

Kali, IMO the insurer calling YOU, makes me thing they are being proactive in making clients believe they are not entitled and therefore won't even bother to make a claim. Read your policy and get a legal opinion.. I'm in Canada and have some legal background from years ago. Long story short, if it's not specifically excluded in the policy, it has to be included. If there is ambiguity in the policy, a judge should rule in favor of the insured as the insurer is in the business of knowing how their policies should be worded. JMO, MOO, but worth a try.
Very good point. Quite a few homeowners insurance companies tried to deny the New Orleans homeowner claims after Katrina because most policies specifically exclude damage from floods. A ton of litigation resulted. The litigation has already started over Covid-19 forced closings of restaurants.

Bourbon Street’s Oceana Grill Sues for Coronavirus Insurance Coverage

National Rumor - The US Government has officially declared that 8pm is the time to change from your daytime pajamas into your nighttime pajamas....That is all....cody22
OMG This is the funniest thing I've ever read today. Belly laughing here. (I actually follow the guideline though. Take shower, then change pajamas)

“Kim is a perfectly healthy high-schooler who lives in South Korea’s southeastern city of Daegu, the hotbed of the country’s coronavirus outbreak.

On February 20, she was accosted by an evangelist at a subway station who later turned out to be an infected follower of the controversial Shincheonji Church of Jesus – and from whom she contracted the virus.

Her Twitter posts about her infection and recovery were noticed by a reporter at the Hankook Ilbo newspaper. He wrote a story about Kim based on them, but when that journalist and others approached Kim for an interview she shut down her account and cut off all communications.

The Shincheonji religious group, regarded as a cult by most mainstream Christian churches, was linked to more than 50 per cent of the country’s confirmed infections as at the end of February – sparking much frustration and anger in South Korea.”
-more at link

Covid-19: Like my intestines were being ripped out, Korean student says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members