Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
our government said the earliest it could be ready is September this year but its a big if

That's what they're saying - 12 to 18 months with possible relief during Summer months (Northern hemisphere) with reduced transmission until Fall. Second wave predicted in September.

I'm curious what will happen in Australia heading into Winter - unless there's not as much difference in temperature. My son said he could see his breath in the morning and it was warm in the afternoon, just like Canada.

Coronavirus: nursing home clusters emerge in South Korea
19 Mar, 2020

• Experts have warned that hundreds of substandard long-term care facilities could serve as hotbeds for infection, just as they have in the US and Italy
  • Many of these homes accommodate multiple patients and carers in small spaces, and lack personal protection equipment

“New clusters of infection have emerged in South Korean
nursing homes, complicating the country’s fight against the Covid-19 outbreak, as experts warn that hundreds of substandard long-term care facilities could serve as hotbeds for the contagious coronavirus.
More than 200 cases have been reported in these senior-care facilities, mirroring outbreaks reported in Italy and parts of the United States, such as the states of Washington and Florida.”

-more at link

ETA:

@otto , this really isn’t my idea of a party. Total buzzkill. Turning on some jams.

These articles hold big clues MOO.

19 Mar, 2020

• Experts have warned that hundreds of substandard long-term care facilities could serve as hotbeds for infection, just as they have in the US and Italy
  • Many of these homes accommodate multiple patients and carers in small spaces, and lack personal protection equipment

nursing homes, complicating the country’s fight against the Covid-19 outbreak, as experts warn that hundreds of substandard long-term care facilities could serve as hotbeds for the contagious coronavirus.
More than 200 cases have been reported in these senior-care facilities, mirroring outbreaks reported in Italy and parts of the United States, such as the states of Washington and Florida.”

-more at link

ETA:

@otto , this really isn’t my idea of a party. Total buzzkill. Turning on some jams.

If your days are numbered, what are you going to do with them?

China, South Korea, Taiwan sending masks and medical staff to other countries in need
The Chinese Red Cross shipped 30 tons of medical equipment along with nine Chinese medical staff to assist with preventing and controlling the virus.

“China, South Korea and Taiwan are now sending resources around the world to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

As new cases in Asian countries have dropped sharply — though all three countries are facing a second wave of infections — businesses, individuals and officials have said they are sending masks, staff and more.”

-more at link

Random thought...I wonder how Macau is doing:

ETA:

Look at this back flow:

Macau confirms 18th COVID-19 case, imported from NY
21 Mar, 2020

Our Farmer's inurance agent called to tell me that the $570.00 we pay per month to them, for our small restaurant of less then 10 employees, does NOT cover viruses. Or, a loss of income due to a virus.
Isn't that great?
I had not contacted them. This call came completely out of the blue to me.
I think I've spoken to my insurance agent twice in 15 years.
Those times being while we were surrounded by fire.
Reporting from. Southern California. Kali.
I am very seriously considering not paying them next month.
All commercial landlords require that you have this insurance.
But, I do not see us being able to pay our landlord the $5,200.00 per month that they want monthly from us.
We've had zero communication from our landlord, which is a very large corporation.
We could just close, and leave?
I don't know, I feel like we're all of a sudden in survival mode.
Our credit is excellent right now.
How long before it's destroyed?

@KALI DO NOT close and leave...yet. I know you’re exhausted and discouraged BUT...You need to talk to your landlord, corporation or not, as well as to your insurance agent or a higher up. The worst thing you can do is stop paying without giving them a chance to work with you. Don’t ruin your credit. If you end up leaving, you’ll know you tried. Don’t give up! Hugs!

Depends on who you listen to. If you think Malaria drugs cure coronavirus, the cure is next week. If you trust scientists, it's 12-18 months at best. July 2022.
I don't believe anyone has claimed the malaria drugs cure Covid-19. I think the belief is that the drugs may help treat the virus. Several treatment drugs are in trials.

But a 1,500-person trial, led by the University of Minnesota, began this week to see whether malaria treatment hydroxychloroquine can prevent or reduce the severity of COVID-19. Two other trials are studying the blood pressure drug losartan as a possible treatment for the disease.

The malaria drug, also being tested in China, Australia and France, was touted earlier this week by Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk, who recovered from malaria in 2000 after taking the medication.

Besides having a direct antiviral effect, hydroxychloroquine suppresses the production and release of proteins involved in the inflammatory complications of several viral diseases.

“We are trying to leverage the science to see if we can do something in addition to minimizing contacts,” said Dr. Jakub Tolar, dean of the University of Minnesota Medical School and vice president for clinical affairs. “Results are likely in weeks, not months.”

2 Generic Drugs Being Tested In U.S. In Race To Find Coronavirus Treatments | HuffPost

19 Mar, 2020

-more at link

ETA:

Clusters of people in nursing homes and clusters of people on the beaches, no difference. Transmission will be high.

China, South Korea, Taiwan sending masks and medical staff to other countries in need
The Chinese Red Cross shipped 30 tons of medical equipment along with nine Chinese medical staff to assist with preventing and controlling the virus.

“China, South Korea and Taiwan are now sending resources around the world to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.

As new cases in Asian countries have dropped sharply — though all three countries are facing a second wave of infections — businesses, individuals and officials have said they are sending masks, staff and more.”

-more at link

Random thought...I wonder how Macau is doing:

ETA:

Look at this back flow:

Macau confirms 18th COVID-19 case, imported from NY
21 Mar, 2020

Their economies must be set to boom! There's a reason that Canada had to close the border to the US. That was Canada's decision.

Why would religious buildings fold? Is there a mortgage on the property? Is no one able to cover the cost of electricity for online teachings (internet, electricity, heat ??).?
The church is not a mega church. I think the concern is long-term. Offerings pay mortgages, electricity, heat, etc.

My son said he could see his breath in the morning and it was warm in the afternoon, just like Canada.

it gets really cold down here, yeah canada cold but with no snow, it gets down to 0 overnight in winter and single digits during the day but recently we had some cold days in a row but after he left it was like 30c so not winter temps just yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties