Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dontknow?

re: The Villages in central Florida is a large planned retirement community. Median age is 67.4 and median annual household income is $54,562 per Wikipedia. Rules are that someone in the household must be over 55. There is very little housing for others, families.

The Villages, Florida - Wikipedia

I think the demographic of testing concern is elderly not wealthy?
Not really sure but my family has a dollar or two. The don't live there but are close. It's elderly in the Villages. I've been there, my mother and boyfriend lived there for years. jmo

I keep wondering what the "bad guys" are doing?
You know, drug dealers, pimps, gang members.
I imagine that prostitutes are having a business slow down. Therefore so are their pimps and drug dealers.
They've been too quiet, imo.
seriously take a look out your front window from time to time to make sure no-one's stealing your car and stuff.

Last edited:
@Dontknow?

re: The Villages in central Florida is a large planned retirement community. Median age is 67.4 and median annual household income is $54,562 per Wikipedia. Rules are that someone in the household must be over 55. There is very little housing for others, families.

The Villages, Florida - Wikipedia

I think the demographic of testing concern is elderly not wealthy?

My Mom's boyfriend is paying at least 3K a month for an assisted living space, if not more at the Villages. He's about 98 now.

Personally I think the Olympics should be canceled. That is a disaster waiting to happen. Even more of a disaster than we already have. JMO

The Olympics will absolutely not be happening this year. Canada has already said it is not sending its athletes. Japan will have no choice but to postpone the games. Personally I can't see it going ahead until there is a vaccine.

#StayHomeSaveLives

I know funds are tight for many at the moment. I’ve worked for numerous “big box” retailers around the world and across the board online ordering is the same.

When you order online, it puts a hold on your bank account but NO money is taken out until the merchandise is either picked up or delivered. So cancelling your order doesn’t necessitate a 3-5 day lag on a refund (depending on your financial institution), your money will be available immediately as of your cancellation. Not sure if this will help anyone, but just trying to ease certain fears that I’ve heard from customers I’ve talked to.

Last edited:
ETw_189WsAAuvE5

Eric Feigl-Ding @DrEricDing1h
US now definitely has the steepest slope (highest exponential growth because Y axis is log) in #COVID cases. Also notice Spain Germany and France are all just 7-10 days behind Italy.

Last edited:
If most people in the world get the virus and have no or mild symptoms I think that would be the best outcome for this crises.

Most people will have mild or no symptoms, but even so, with the present mortality rate of about 3%, that means over 200,000,000 people will lose their lives. That would be grief beyond bearing.

We have to hope for a better outcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads