Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received a call from Ascension-Providence outpatient imaging center that my annual mammogram on April 17 has to be canceled. The hospital has suspended all non-essential medical procedures until May 1. I rescheduled for May 15.

I just received a call from my regular doctor as well and they are bumping out my regular appointment out to June.

Sounds like this is going to be happening to lots of folks if it has not happened already.

If anyone has doctor, dentist, or other appointments like them, it may be good to give them a call to see if any plans are changing with them.

USA TODAY
Twitter

“EXCLUSIVE: 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed
In an unprecedented move, the 2020 Olympic Games will be postponed due to the threat of coronavirus, according to Dick Pound, a veteran member of the International Olympic Committee. The news sent shockwaves through the sports world.”

Not trying to be critical but the PA govenor only put stay at home orders with business closures for SOME PA counties. WHY???? Please please just shut down the whole state- why piece meal this? He also extended school closures 2 more weeks just shut for the school year. Maybe I am paranoid but this to me is NOT a time to half$@@ anything!
I have a word for it but it's not nice....

It is slooooooow tonight on this usually busy thread. I will now go check out the other eight threads pertaining to the virus and see if I can find where everyone went too..........Yall take care of yourselves and your loved ones.....moo
Well, heck @cody22 . You posted in middle of the night. Some people sleep y'all. :eek:

Twitter

EXCLUSIVE: 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be postponed
In an unprecedented move, the 2020 Olympic Games will be postponed due to the threat of coronavirus, according to Dick Pound, a veteran member of the International Olympic Committee. The news sent shockwaves through the sports world.
The fact that it took this long to come to this conclusion is scary in itself....

I just received a call from my regular doctor as well and they are bumping out my regular appointment out to June.

Sounds like this is going to be happening to lots of folks if it has not happened already.

If anyone has doctor, dentist, or other appointments like them, it may be good to give them a call to see if any plans are changing with them.

Appointment with ophthalmologist April 15. If I don't hear from that office in the next day or so, I'll call and reschedule.

Not trying to be critical but the PA govenor only put stay at home orders with business closures for SOME PA counties. WHY???? Please please just shut down the whole state- why piece meal this? He also extended school closures 2 more weeks just shut for the school year. Maybe I am paranoid but this to me is NOT a time to half$@@ anything!

I totally agree with you. Either take preventative actions or dont take actions, but dont be half baked about it.

I was counting our blessings to dear hubby this morning. We have a comfortable home, provisions for the long term, our doggies with us, our meds, and most importantly, we like and love each other, even after all these years.
The people that do not have these blessings are the ones I worry for.

I definitely feel as though we don’t have the whole story - let’s face it - they’re bringing the world to a stop.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the debate is whether to increase aid with a viable plan to truly help the economy.

Symbolic gestures of all kinds are not really acceptable in this crisis (not talking about the bill as much as global response).
Opinion - Well, the US Senate chose to both realistically and symbolically to do.....nothing...... today in this time of real Crisis for the American public and American businesses......moo

Wolf declares Stay at Home order in Greater Philadelphia area and Alleghegny county.
I am not sure how that changes anything, unless they are just telling us instead of asking us to not go out unless for food/rx.

We'll head on down to Virginia.....

Our Governor encourages us to walk in the park, pray, and have a drink.

He has NO details on a plan of action or what he's doing. . He's looking to our leaders at the Federal level. I finally get it.... At every presser he has his hands folded looking at the ceiling. Guess he's praying and looking up trying to find the feds, and wobbling back and forth on his heels, guess from visiting our liquor stores.

I finally get it....moo

SOUTH CAROLINA....SIP? Hopefully

McMaster to hold news briefing on S.C. COVID-19 cases Monday at 4:00 pm
McMaster to hold news briefing on S.C. COVID-19 cases Monday #chsnews #scnews Live5News on Twitter

Live5News on Twitter

We can only hope but this was in The State mid-day .

SC shelter-in-place order not being considered ‘at this time,’ McMaster says
BY JEFF WILKINSON

MARCH 23, 2020 12:50 PM
Gov. Henry McMaster’s office reiterated on Monday that he is not considering ordering South Carolinians to stay inside their homes because of coronavirus.

https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241428766.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member