Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oklahoma,
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
Where the waving wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain.

Oklahoma, every night my honey-lamb and I
Sit alone and talk, and watch a hawk making lazy
Circles in the sky.

We know we belong to the land
And the land we belong to is grand
And when we say Ay yippy yi ki yea.
We're only saying You're doin' fine Oklahoma
Oklahoma your ok.
...l-a-h-o-m-a. Oklahoma.

Present and accounted for...

The Oklahoma Department of Health reports 81 people have tested positive for the coronavirus in Oklahoma and two others reported out of state. The number of deaths in the state connected to coronavirus stands at two.
Tracking the coronavirus in Oklahoma

Seventeen of Oklahoma's 77 counties have at least one resident who has tested positive for the disease. 29 of the 81 confirmed cases are in Oklahoma County, 16 are in Cleveland County, 11 are in Tulsa County and five are in Kay County. Pawnee and Payne Counties each have three confirmed cases followed by Canadian, Washington and Garvin counties with two cases each. Custer, Grady, Jackson, Logan, McClain, Muskogee, Noble and Pontotoc counties each are reporting one case.

Details on increased testing capabilities through Oklahoma State University and the University of Oklahoma and satellite mobile testing units that will be deployed in Oklahoma, Tulsa, Kay and Pontotoc Counties are still murky. Me & mine bbm.
81 Positive COVID-19 Cases Confirmed In Oklahoma

Looks like the US government is unable to function in a time of crisis. What you see is what you get. They only care about their own agendas. Some of these people will let the ship sink, if they don't get their way. This is who we elected.
This is true. They will go back, though. They will get it (reasonably) right, IMO. But how much time has been wasted so far by all of them?

SOUTH CAROLINA....SMH....law abiding businesses???? Omg

Gov. McMaster says shelter in place has not been issued and hopes that that action will not be necessary. #scnews
Live5News on Twitter

Breaking - Gov. McMaster orders any law enforcement to prohibit or disperse gatherings of people in groups of 3 or more. #scnews #chsnews
Live5News on Twitter

South Carolina Governor @henrymcmaster has issued an executive order that allows law enforcement to prohibit or disperse gatherings of three or more people. This does not include homes or businesses and workplaces.
ABC News 4 on Twitter

SC gov. says order to disperse groups of 3 or more does not pertain to "law-abiding" businesses #scnews #chsnews
Live5News on Twitter

NY....

One of my coworkers died today from #COVID19. Not much older, great guy. We were just sitting together a couple weeks ago, talking about whatever. The next time I saw him, he was admitted to the ICU. And that was the last time I saw him.
My whole body feels numb.
B. Bobby Chiong, MD on Twitter

oh no...

UK

BREAKING: British Prime Minister Boris Johnson instructs people to stay at home
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

UK lockdown will last for at least 3 weeks, Prime Minister Johnson says. Police will be enforcing the new restrictions.
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

UK Prime Minister Johnson: "I urge you, at this moment of national emergency, to stay at home, protect our NHS, and save lives."
BNO Newsroom on Twitter

20:36

PM orders Britons to stay in their homes
UK citizens are now being ordered to stay in their homes in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus. He says people will only be allowed to leave their home for the following “very limited purposes”:

Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible

One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

That’s all – these are the only reasons you should leave your home.

You should not be meeting friends. If your friends ask you to meet, you should say No.

You should not be meeting family members who do not live in your home. You should not be going shopping except for essentials like food and medicine — and you should do this as little as you can. And use food delivery services where you can.

UK coronavirus: Boris Johnson announces strict lockdown across country

NJ

You could face jail time, $1,000 fine for breaking Murphy's 'stay at home' order

Police will be cracking down on those who break Gov. Phil Murphy’s statewide “stay at home” order that bans public gatherings and closes non-essential businesses, New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal said Monday.

Authorities will target businesses, like bars or stores, that stay open despite the governor’s demand, Grewal said during a news conference. They will also look for citizens who, for instance, throw a party at their home and invite dozens of people.

The exact charge will depend on the crime. But a disorderly person’s offense is punishable by up to a six-month prison term, a fine of up to $1,000 or both, Grewal’s office has said.

From our news briefing today:
"As of Monday, Bloyce Thompson, attorney general and minister of justice and public safety, said law enforcement can issue fines starting at $1,000 for the first offence, $2,000 for the second offence and $10,000 for the third and subsequent offences.

This applies to individuals who are not self-isolating but should be. The province is hearing from many people that others may not be taking self-isolation and social distancing seriously.

Thompson said people can call 1-800-958-6400 if you see someone who is supposed to be self-isolating but is not. Do not call 911, he added."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prin...P6SSPlf9dapJUsBEy8pVnvVTwEpcs_pGyL9NgQkmWkBpI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow